Re-ordering Posts & Stickies?

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re-ordering Posts & Stickies?

#1 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Hey guys,
I'm setting up my game forum - initial topics for house rules, character sheets, and so on. It appears that each new topic I add naturally is added to the top of the list. I suppose seeing newest posts first is the default. Makes perfect sense.

Is there a way to re-sort or re-order the stickied topics at least, or am I stuck withe the order I created them in?

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re-ordering Posts & Stickies?

#2 Post by ToniXX »

I don't believe that you can reorder stickies or regular posts. What you could do is post a reply to the post that you want to move to the top. The reply could just be a period to keep it simple. That's only useful if the sticky won't get any more replies, otherwise they're just going to move around anyway.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Thanks- I was afraid that might be the case. I'll have to figure out a system to use an index post or something. No worries!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

One thought is whether you can minimize the number of sticky threads. Since they will always be at the top, if there are just a few, the order may not be so important.

I've also just made a new post in threads I want to move to the top, making sure I post in order if I want to get a specific order.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Also if you no longer need a stickied thread, unsticky it and it falls to the bottom (or wherever based on it's last post).
I think too that some DMs use hyperlinks. So having only two or three stickied threads, but in those threads have posts with hyperlinks to the needed information.
Good luck!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Thanks guys - I appreciate the tips!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by dmw71 »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:I'll have to figure out a system to use an index post or something. No worries!
There are certainly better examples, but a lot of DM/GM's create a Table of Contents post, or something similar. Like this one, in one of my earlier games: Table of Contents.

It definitely helps with organization.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Help and Support”