First Adventure - DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 1

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

Re: First Adventure - Sailors on the Starless Sea

#341 Post by MrHemlocks »

AQuebman wrote:For Uriel
Uriel falls down the tube slick with algae and slams hard into a pool of water and nearly hits solid rock at the bottom but instead he floats to the top completely unscathed. Looking around he finds himself in an inky cave that's nearly submerged with water. the slick ceiling dripping with black algae. Stalactites hang to the dark water’s surface, obscuring the far side of the cavern. Half-submerged along the banks of the pool, skulls leer at you
through empty eye sockets. The chamber is as still as a tomb, save for the slow drip of water and slime from above.
Actions?

Uriel, yells to those up top." Please, drop me a rope so I can get out of this water." Waiting on the rope he scans the skulls, to see if their moving or coming towards him. Then he ties to climb back up the tube. If all else fails he will swim in the water and look for another, underwater passage.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#342 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Catching up with Rolfo and Eldarial, Burt and Heltel immediately notice the lake and the dragon-prow vessel. Burt spits vehemently and complains: "Aw, now, there's a lot more to this than I was thinkin..."

At the sounds of cries and falling, Heltel points up the slope: "There! Something moves among the rocks!"

Rolfo glances at the anchored ship, then starts up the slope to investigate. "A stream, maybe a cave," he says. "This be dwarves work. Somebody keep an eye on that there lugboat!" He uses his staff to aid in climbing up the slope, going cautiously so as to keep an eye out for trouble. Burt follows the dwarf, using his spear to aid his own climb. Every other step he spits and mutters something about "the death of us all..."

Heltel glances awkwardly at Eldarial and shrugs, then trains his attention on the vessel at anchor. Can he see anyone moving on deck? What does he notice about the captain and crew?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by hedgeknight »

Eldarial watches Rolfo and Burt climb the slope and then she turns back to Heltel and says, "How did we get caught up in this mess?"
Winter is coming...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#344 Post by Vargr1105 »

ooc: what a mess! I can't visualize what is happening or picture the layout of where we are.

Goratrix will make is way at a normal pace to where all the action is taking place.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#345 Post by AQuebman »

OOC: Agreed it is getting a bit scattered with everyone going a different way. I will post a screenshot later tonight showing where everything is at and what you are seeing to try and clarify everything.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#346 Post by Dogma »

Ragnar yells down through the now bottomless pool, "I don't have a rope! Hang on while I go try and find one!"

The dwarf hustles down the stairs to were the others are. "Does anyone have some rope? Uriel done and busted out the bottom of that pool up there. We need to pull him back out."

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#347 Post by AQuebman »

Darvin points to the rocky slope, "He's worse luck than me! I believe he's now over up that slope there."

Crow looks into the pool that Uriel just fell into in this chamber. The pit is very slick and wet but climbable if careful.

Catching up with Rolfo and Eldarial, Burt and Heltel immediately notice the lake and the dragon-prow vessel. Burt spits vehemently and complains: "Aw, now, there's a lot more to this than I was thinkin..."

At the sounds of cries and falling, Heltel points up the slope: "There! Something moves among the rocks!"

Rolfo glances at the anchored ship, then starts up the slope to investigate along with the others. "A stream, maybe a cave," he says. "This be dwarves work. Somebody keep an eye on that there lugboat!" He uses his staff to aid in climbing up the slope, going cautiously so as to keep an eye out for trouble. Burt follows the dwarf, using his spear to aid his own climb. Every other step he spits and mutters something about "the death of us all..."

Heltel glances awkwardly at Eldarial and shrugs, then trains his attention on the vessel at anchor. To your surprise you see nothing moving on deck and no discernible crew.

Eldarial watches Rolfo and Burt climb the slope and then she turns back to Heltel and says, "How did we get caught up in this mess?"

Aengus, Bronn, Rolfo, and Burt climb up the slope and find an inky cave nearly submerged with water with giant stalactites that go from floor to ceiling. As you progress you see more of the skulls glowing brighter than they were before floating in the water. Off in the near distance you see Uriel in the deep water looking up an opening in the ceiling

As Uriel yells for rope he hears the sounds of sloshing water and finds his companions coming from around the giant stalactites.

DM: All the skulls glow brighter in this pool and when out by the giant Menhir on the beach.
Updated Map.png
Updated Map.png (145.72 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
1-2 is the Pool with the skulls. The middle of which he was sucked into
1-3 is the pool he landed in which connects to 1-4
1-4 is the area with the Menhir and the Dragon Ship

If there is still any confusion let me know.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by hedgeknight »

So...if I'm reading the map correctly, Uriel is eventually going to end up at the menhir...Eldarial and Heltel are standing...right?
Winter is coming...

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#349 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, seeing his fellow adventures, relaxes his nerves and greats them all with a warm hung and slap on the arm. "Man I am so glad to see you all. Looks like I fell through the pool and slid down to this lower level." Pointing around at the floating skulls, "looks like this is where the mass majority rest."

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#350 Post by AQuebman »

hedgeknight wrote:So...if I'm reading the map correctly, Uriel is eventually going to end up at the menhir...Eldarial and Heltel are standing...right?
DM: Correct it's connected and empties out at the beach front

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#351 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel, seeing his fellow adventures, relaxes his nerves and greats them all with a warm hung and slap on the arm. "Man I am so glad to see you all. Looks like I fell through the pool and slid down to this lower level." Pointing around at the floating skulls, "looks like this is where the mass majority rest."
DM: You think most of the skulls came from the pool above and were sucked down along with you.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#352 Post by MrHemlocks »

AQuebman wrote:
MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel, seeing his fellow adventures, relaxes his nerves and greats them all with a warm hung and slap on the arm. "Man I am so glad to see you all. Looks like I fell through the pool and slid down to this lower level." Pointing around at the floating skulls, "looks like this is where the mass majority rest."
DM: You think most of the skulls came from the pool above and were sucked down along with you.

OOC...If that is the case than Uriel will not yet head to the beach but will search the area, where he fell in, for loot or other items.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#354 Post by MrHemlocks »

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#355 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Burt exclaims at the sight of the glowing skulls and brandishes his spear: "Though I left this party behind..."

"Easy, laddie," says Rolfo. "There may be more than meets the eye to this place. Yet it chills my bones to think what reason to rig a pool to empty out as this one does. Foul deeds..." And though clearly uncomfortable with the skulls nearby, Rolfo helps Uriel search about, sensing that items of value may have fallen with the dead. Rolfo Search: [1d20] = 1 OMG, I hope that roll wasn't important... :roll:

Meanwhile, out by the sea, Heltel examines the Menhir for clues connecting it to the apparent dark rituals conducted in the chambers above, as well as any idea about who may be waiting in the ship at anchor and what their purpose might be.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by hedgeknight »

"Dammit, be careful!" Eldarial exclaims...before reluctantly joining Heltel in examining the menhir. She also keeps an eye on the ship...
Winter is coming...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#357 Post by NJWilliam »

Aengus and Bronn ready their spears and keep a close watch on the skulls.

Crow and Darvin head over to where Aengus and Bronn are.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#358 Post by Dogma »

As ragnar comes down the final steps he's sees the others climbing up into whare the stream poured out of the wall. "well, i guess we won't be needing a rope."

He trudges over to the menhir to examine it witht he others who are there.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#359 Post by Vargr1105 »

Goratrix joins the others near the menhir.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#360 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel looks around... http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ampaign=89 =1
ragnboneshopper wrote:Burt exclaims at the sight of the glowing skulls and brandishes his spear: "Though I left this party behind..."

"Easy, laddie," says Rolfo. "There may be more than meets the eye to this place. Yet it chills my bones to think what reason to rig a pool to empty out as this one does. Foul deeds..." And though clearly uncomfortable with the skulls nearby, Rolfo helps Uriel search about, sensing that items of value may have fallen with the dead. Rolfo Search: [1d20] = 1 OMG, I hope that roll wasn't important... :roll:
Rolfo and Uriel dig their hands around in the dark filthy cave water but only find skulls and dirt in their search
ragnboneshopper wrote: Meanwhile, out by the sea, Heltel examines the Menhir for clues connecting it to the apparent dark rituals conducted in the chambers above, as well as any idea about who may be waiting in the ship at anchor and what their purpose might be.
hedgeknight wrote:"Dammit, be careful!" Eldarial exclaims...before reluctantly joining Heltel in examining the menhir. She also keeps an eye on the ship...
Dogma wrote:As ragnar comes down the final steps he's sees the others climbing up into whare the stream poured out of the wall. "well, i guess we won't be needing a rope."He trudges over to the menhir to examine it with the others who are there.
Vargr1105 wrote:Goratrix joins the others near the menhir.
Goratrix, Ragnar, Eldarial, & Heltel examine the menhir and find that it is carved with a large spiral pattern. You also find a narrow series of steps wind up the surface of the menhir. Those climbing to the peak of the standing stone discover that the top of the stone has been fashioned into a platform. A shallow bowl has been cut into the center of the platform. The bowl is partially filled with hardened wax, and the stub of a red candle sits atop the mounds of wax. You also find on the platform an unconscious halfling, he begins to stir as you approach him. Those who have resided in Cinton for a time recognize him as a local Haberdasher.
NJWilliam wrote:Aengus and Bronn ready their spears and keep a close watch on the skulls.

Crow and Darvin head over to where Aengus and Bronn are.
Aengus, Bronn, Crow, & Darvin ready their spears and watch the skulls but the skulls do nothing but continue to glow

OOC: Fruldrick welcome to the game, i'll send you a PM with what you know as of right now

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”