The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

#321 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:35 pm
Jack actually does something Jason would call unusual and takes a moment to think before speaking. Pain? No, not right now at least. I usually felt pretty gnarly whenever I tried to leave the hospital, calling it being rubber-banded back... that is about how it felt then too. Now that hurt. Whatever it was that goon from the basement was doing definitely hurt. You said you got him though, right? Glad he is gone. Not a cool dude. So... uh... do I have to stay in the box? Trust me, it is better than in there but I'd rather be out-out if you get my meaning.

Ah, wasn't nothing. I mean, Once I knew your awesome idiots were on your way inside no matter what I said, I figured that was as good a time to slap the bull on the butt, if you know what I mean. Course, I never thought I would end up in the box, but I didn't wanna see that guy out still hurtin people, especially that other broad that was stuck down their with him. Hey, whatever happened to her anyway? She isn't stuck in there too, is she?
Sure, it just might take us a little bit to make that happen, this is still a work in progress so id rather make sure we don't mix up your PKE signature or anything else, interdimensional translocation is pretty exacting so we want to double check all the numbers. And I know one of my collogues was following a lead that involved your crash, I think you'd dig him.

She...uh...moved on?.. She seemed at peace and then sort of he makes wavy gestures with his hand, faded away. I think shes ok now, and look at you you made that happen ya softie

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Urson »

Joker
I will need a few more calculations, but I believe we can return you to the hospital painlessly. I will join you there occasionally for ouzo and a cigar.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#323 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Thank you, sir. We're just trying to do what we can to help the people of Fort Smith. I was wondering if you could clear a little time on your schedule to discuss business.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (2)
Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018 8:45 am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Joker comments about cigars and ouzo, he really gets Jack's attention.  Now I don't know what ouzo is, but it sounds like fun! And smokes are always good!  You know, it's weird, but I don't feel that rubber band around my gut like I did before that always pulled me back there.  Is it because I am in this thing or what?  You know, I only ever tried to get out twice, one time early on and just felt pulled back in, so I just hung around and stuff.  Not that I cared, really.  The second time was the other day, and it was the farthest I had been from there until now.  Kinda hurt.  Felt like a bad hangover or a flu that got worse the farther I went.  Weird huh?  Feel fine now though.

Jason sees the old rocker look uncomfortable when he is called a softy and responsible to helping give Sister Bethany peace to pass on.  Hey bud, don't go around spreading nasty rumors about me or anything, alright?

Hey, whatever happened with that gig you were working before where you got bit?  Get that all straightened out or you still working on some snakeskin boots?  Haaaaaaahahaha!  Man... you were a sight...

Joker & Jason continue conversing with Jack who seems to be having a hard time wrapping his head around the techno-jargon, but in an odd way is able to return a reply to the conversation in his own layman kind of way that surprisingly makes sense.

Julia comes down the stairs, Hey guys, it took some time but I got in touch with GBI and Spangler Labs and they said-- OH MY GOD! she practically falls off the last few stairs before catching herself and running back up. You can hear her when she gets back to the ground floor. YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE ME SOME WARNING! UGH! 

Jack tilts his head a little then breaks out in laughter. Whoa mama! Who's the cutie? Haaaahaaa! Boy if I was still alive...  Oh! Im feeling a little more alive now! he cackles.

Lionel seems to actually hear the big smile on the mayor's face.

Mayor Sandars Business? Son, business is always on my schedule. Tell me what's on your mind. 

Mac Hears Julia when she screams and yells in surprise before stomping off to her desk.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  214/214 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188
David "Mac" McAuslan 191/191
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 260/260

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Urson »

Joker
despite himself, Joker laughs at Julia's reaction to Jack. I think the JOD is helping you stay grounded here. I am not sure how it would be for you if we simply turn it off. Let me think.
Joker notes all the readings on the datascreens, looks at the frequency and field strength for Jack himself, and begins tapping numbers and formulae into his phone.

Brains roll to determine the best way to return Jack to the hospital:
[8d6] = 39 ghost [1d6] = 5 brains +3 BP

MY best idea would be to transfer Jack to a standard trap, then open it and release him in the hospital...

Joker BP: 257
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac strolls in, "Whats up Julia, everything all right?"

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#327 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:29 pm Jason sees the old rocker look uncomfortable when he is called a softy and responsible to helping give Sister Bethany peace to pass on. Hey bud, don't go around spreading nasty rumors about me or anything, alright?

Hey, whatever happened with that gig you were working before where you got bit? Get that all straightened out or you still working on some snakeskin boots? Haaaaaaahahaha! Man... you were a sight...

Joker & Jason continue conversing with Jack who seems to be having a hard time wrapping his head around the techno-jargon, but in an odd way is able to return a reply to the conversation in his own layman kind of way that surprisingly makes sense.
Oh yeah, we worked out a deal with a Caddo deity so no more snakes, hopefully. He shudders right as julia walks in.
Bluehorse wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:29 pm Julia comes down the stairs, Hey guys, it took some time but I got in touch with GBI and Spangler Labs and they said-- OH MY GOD! she practically falls off the last few stairs before catching herself and running back up. You can hear her when she gets back to the ground floor. YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE ME SOME WARNING! UGH!

Jack tilts his head a little then breaks out in laughter. Whoa mama! Who's the cutie? Haaaahaaa! Boy if I was still alive... Oh! Im feeling a little more alive now! he cackles.
Jason cant help but laugh but legitimately tries to help her regain her composure, Uhh, sorry Jules, its ok he cant get out and we cant get it, we just can interact. Its cool, he sheepishly looks at her, ...sorry? This is Jack. And following Jacks Tex Avery cartoon reaction chides him, Jack!
Urson wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:09 pm Joker
despite himself, Joker laughs at Julia's reaction to Jack. I think the JOD is helping you stay grounded here. I am not sure how it would be for you if we simply turn it off. Let me think.
Joker notes all the readings on the datascreens, looks at the frequency and field strength for Jack himself, and begins tapping numbers and formulae into his phone.
Yeah, if PKE has to follow the same laws of physics as other forms of energy you could experience quantum entanglement of a location, since energy exists is space and time. I am of the school of thought that is a pretty good explanation for most of the supernatural but I digress. Your PKE signature consists of a time and location, he looks at Joker, You wonder how hard it would be to run the actual PKE information against, Jacks time of death and location to see if we could isolate that? That way we could build a filter on the PKE's to generate more specific information when collecting data.
Trying to conceptualize this, just trying to find more ways to get info for the PKEs
Brains: [3d6] = 7 Ghost:[1d6] = 3
Yeah I agree on taking him back i figure just the reverse of the trapping process

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Urson »

Joker
We should get you home, Jack. I'll attach a standard trap, and we'll use it to transfer you back to the hospital. I'm certain you'd prefer that to one glass-walled room here.
Unless BH has some new wrinkle to throw in...

Joker does as he's described, and uses whatever manipulation of electrical fields to help Jack into the trap. Joker collects his partial bottle of ouzo and a fresh cigar, then gets Jack back to the hospital basement.
What follows is pretty straightforward: Jack is released, Joker enjoys two shots of ouzo and a rank cigar- and allows Jack to sample them indirectly. He shudders at every touch from the ghost, but takes it without complaint.
FA FO

Scott308

#329 Post by Scott308 »

Well, Mr. Mayor, this is something I'd rather discuss in the privacy of your office, if you don't mind. Any time in particular I should be there, sir?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018 8:50 am

Jack looks to Jason when the old crash is brought up.  Oh boy, that was a good one!  Trust me, it was to die for! Ha!

Joker is able to work out how to tweak the settings once more. He inserts the trap and activates the recapturing and retrieval sequence and Jack is pulled inside.  Oh! I don't like this part!  Ahhhhh! I'm melting! I'm melting! AAAAAAaaahahahahahaha!!! 

The trap begins blinking like normal as if you caught a ghost in a conventional way.  The R.O.D. so far is a great success!!!

Joker is easily able to trace back his steps to the Hospital Basement via the tunnel.  Jack rises out of the trap with a twist and his arms out to either side.  Tah Dah!!! and laughs loudly.  He looks around at the basement now cordoned off here and there with police tape, but the lights are now on and working.  Like what you've done with the place.  Nice and quiet too.  The other two are gone, I can tell you that.  The ghost seems to really enjoy the ouzo and the cigar.  Hey, I like this foreign stuff! Never had it before, but it goes right through me... Hahahahaha!

After a bit of enbibing and chatter, Jack looks very content and eventually says goodbye, zipping straight up through the ceiling with a laugh. See ya, Joker!  I'm heading up to the maternity ward!  Those are the chicks you know put... and he is gone just before he can finish the sentence.

The time here will be a little wonky, but I am not going to be a stickler on it.  You can be back to the firehouse in the next post but in the meantime, you can still communicate via texts, phone, etc, or if you like you can even run into Sam on your way back depending on which way you want to say you came in or out.

Julia looks at Mac as she gets herself together.  I'm never going to get used to seeing those things... She hands Mac a sheet of notes.  This is for Joker and Jason. Once we are online again, we need to work out passing notes on their doohicky down there to GBI for a patent. Apparently, they are interested in it. Also, we will have a technician coming to check out the internet sometime in the next few days... So that is wonderful...

Meanwhile, Lionel's call to the mayor moves forward.

Mayor Sandars Yeah, that is fine. Just fine.  You come on down sometime before lunch and we can talk all you want.  Will that work for you? 

Actions?

Brownie Point Spending:
Joker -3 to roll.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 260/260

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Got it, run notes to Joker and Jason." Mac takes off to deliver the notes.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Urson »

Joker
When Jack leaves, Joker stands- and wobbles just a bit. I think I will... walk back to the firehouse. I am not used to ouzo in the middle of the day.
He heads north up the tunnel they used before, relying on the notes he took with his phone and the marks he painted on the wall to get to a manhole. He carries the empty trap slung over one shoulder.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#333 Post by Taaz »

Jason accompanies Joker and Jack to the hospital, chatting and joking until the mischievous ghost had gone off to the hospital. He raises a paper cup full of Ouzo to Joker, Ta, thanks for all the help with Jack, I figure hes here helping make the last moments for people...well weird, but not as scary or lonely as it could be. I think he's overall a net positive to the hospital, but I know some people wouldn't see it that way. he toasts with Joker, Serefe!

~time is just, like a construct man~

Arriving back at the firehouse Jason begins cleaning any leftover bits from the experiment, checking emails and responding to texts when Mac comes with the notes from HQ, Nice, I wonder if HQ will offer up any bonus for this,he says looking forlorned, lord knows we could use the cash.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Urson »

Joker

When Joker gets back to HQ, he is smiling a much more genuine smile than usual. He grins when he sees the information about selling the J.O.D. to GBI.
He grabs a peanut butter and Velveeta sandwich and sets to work, organizing his notes and schematics.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018, 9:00 am

Julia comes over the intercom: Joker and Jason, I have a phone call for you. I will forward it to the conference room.

Once there, the phone is blinking with a call on hold. Hitting the button puts it on speakerphone: Yes, am I talking to Mr. O'Roarke and Mr. Jelal? Good, this is Dr. Veronica Spangler from Ghostbusters International Labs. We received word that you came up with a system to reverse the containment process in a controlled setting that can retrieve a specific specimen based on its P.K.E. signature... is this correct? Wait... Stop Jeremy! This is...

Jeremy Spengler Why didn't you tell me? Hey! Who's this? You really get that to work? That's great! Do you have the schematics yet? Whoa!

Veronica Spengler Sorry! Sorry... So... the J.O.D. The Jelal O'Roarke Device. The prototype was successful? What kind of results did you see?

Mac can overhear the phone call with J&J as well as Lionel's conversation with the Mayor. Julia is also busy rummaging through paperwork and managing what she can via her cellphone and the landline.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 257/260

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Urson »

Joker
Yes, Dr. Spangler. We were able to select a specific entity from Containment and release it without breaking containment for any other. We were able to communicate directly with... 'Jack', and were able to release him after transfer to a standard Trap.
There is a note of embarrassment in Joker's voice as he discusses releasing a captured ghost.
I- we- have multiple pages of notes on the J.O.D, and I am organizing them. When I have clean copies of the notes and schematics, I will be glad to transfer them to GBI for your review. He doesn't mention that the schematics are currently spread over two whiteboards, a tabletop, and a pizza box.
FA FO

Scott308

#337 Post by Scott308 »

That sounds like it should work for me, sir. I'll just have to check the calendar, make sure we don't have a call I'll need to be on. If there's a conflict, I'll call back, but I'm pretty sure that I'll see you then.

After hanging up, he finds Jason. So, I have an appointment to speak with the mayor just before lunch. As far as he knows, I am going over to talk "business" with him- which technically is true. He does not know you or anyone else is going to be there. I can call back and let him know if you want me to, but I think we should keep that on the down-low until we arrive.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#338 Post by Taaz »

Urson wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:41 pm Joker
Yes, Dr. Spangler. We were able to select a specific entity from Containment and release it without breaking containment for any other. We were able to communicate directly with... 'Jack', and were able to release him after transfer to a standard Trap.
There is a note of embarrassment in Joker's voice as he discusses releasing a captured ghost.
I- we- have multiple pages of notes on the J.O.D, and I am organizing them. When I have clean copies of the notes and schematics, I will be glad to transfer them to GBI for your review. He doesn't mention that the schematics are currently spread over two whiteboards, a tabletop, and a pizza box.
Jason sees Joker looking a little flustered and leaned in closer to the phone sensing Jeremy's excitement, Hi, this is Doctor O'Roarke the device is able to tune and filter exo-dimensional energy and allow for really neat minutia in the data recovery process. Dr Jelal's machinery is...honestly extraordinary. And we can totally be in the process for getting all the relevant information together, we just thought it might be prudent to judge the interest in the project. he looks at Joker and raises his eyebrows, There are of course some expenses we would need to recoup, hard ware we had to appropriate, I am sure the both of you know how it goes when your working on a project. And flashes a thumb's up at at Joker.

Scott308 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:40 pm Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

After hanging up, he finds Jason. So, I have an appointment to speak with the mayor just before lunch. As far as he knows, I am going over to talk "business" with him- which technically is true. He does not know you or anyone else is going to be there. I can call back and let him know if you want me to, but I think we should keep that on the down-low until we arrive.
Smart, there was a meeting with the Caddo the other night and I tried to play nice with him, but I've seen Game of Thrones, I'll watch my back. There is something though, wait here a second. Jason heads out and up the stairs narrowly avoiding Julia at her desk, Coming through! to the libray and looks around until he sees a small floral journal in the stack of books, "Definitly need to get in here and organize," he thinks to himself as he skims and reads the journal. Rushing back to Lionel, narrowly missing Julia again, One more time! and goes back to Lionel.

Whew...I gotta come out ruinnig with you more, phew... here check this out, I just remembered it, earlier Etta and I were looking into his honor and these were some of her notes... He huffs out, Check this out, and he hands the Journal to Lionel open to the following:

viewtopic.php?f=976&t=8035

It will take me a little bit to pull everything back together but White hat, he tilts his head, I'll give you three guesses to whos taking our cookies.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018, 9:30 am

Personal note to everyone, thank you so much for being patient with me so far with starting the new job, you guys have been awesome. Another hick-up, just as I am getting used to how things work at... well... work. I will be starting my first day of grad school on Monday. I have no idea really how demanding this is going to be, so if I am a touch slow again, well you know why now. I am only taking one course right now, so hopefully not too bad! Also, as stated before, Rex is going to be away on a hunting trip, so I wish him luck! He can pop in whenever he likes :) I think we are in a good position in the game right now for him to blend into the background a bit, so that works out well. Hopefully, everyone is still finding this interesting and fun. I will try to keep up the same quality if not the same rate in the next few weeks, but I'll keep you up to date either way on any interference on my end. I still can't believe we are working on our 3rd year of this forum, and frankly, it has been an amazing experience for me to run a game for you all. When you get a chance, send me a private line about where you might want your characters' story to go since I am sure you all have ideas floating around, and I will work that in going forward. I know the game time has been only a little over a month but I am sure everyone has developed other ideas about their characters since then, so this is a good time to discuss all that.

Veronica Spengler You... let a ghost free?

Jeremy Spengler Hey, I'm sure they had a reason, remember that time Dad and his team let a troll loose?

Veronica Spengler There is a sigh. Fine, I'll assume you had a reason, just send a report in when you send over the information on the J.O.D. As far as recouping expenses, once we are able to look over the information and run some tests here at The Lab, we have a program to help with that, plus upon successful tests and practicality are established you will receive a royalty for the design as it is implemented. So gentlemen, is there anything else we can help you with before we end the call?

............................................................................................
Moving talk about visiting the mayor to here:
viewtopic.php?f=628&t=10459
............................................................................................

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 257/260

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#340 Post by Taaz »

I don't think so, he looks at Joker questioning, We have either a large active case, or several active cases we are still investigating to figure out which. The supernatural energy here is incredible. But, we have it all being handled our issues are more in the "keeping the lights on" variety. But no one said you do this job to get rich...except well Dr Venkman...

Return to “Mission Archive”