OOC Chat Lounge

Golem
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat Lounge

#21 Post by Rex »

Human bards taste way better than dwarf bards.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote:Human bards taste way better than dwarf bards.
Only au jus or with mushroom sauces. Dwarf, on the other hand, isn't overpowered by a hearty red sauce or some bold, spicy, options.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ybn1197 »

Leitz wrote:
Only au jus or with mushroom sauces. Dwarf, on the other hand, isn't overpowered by a hearty red sauce or some bold, spicy, options.
I've always preferred Huy Fong's Sriracha sauce (roster sauce).

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Leitz »

ybn1197 wrote:
Leitz wrote:
I've always preferred Huy Fong's Sriracha sauce (roster sauce).
Definitely Mountain Dwarf then. I'd go cross-cultural on the drink, though, and a good doppelbock. Helps clear the palate between bites.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by ybn1197 »

Leitz wrote:Definitely Mountain Dwarf then. I'd go cross-cultural on the drink, though, and a good doppelbock. Helps clear the palate between bites.
Troegenator Double Bock would be my personal preference.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well I'll be walking away from this conversation slowly backpedaling eyes wide.....

I prefer Elf seasoned in an ale braise/sauce.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by Golem »

Added a map of the area. The trip to Malforten is roughly 33 leagues (100 miles) west. With the dwarves setting the pace, the party will make it to Malforten in six days. I will be posting weather and any encounters for each day.

I need to know the marching order and the night watch. The West Road is well traveled ands wide enough for a wagon. The landscape is mostly grassy plains with some rolling hills.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Leitz »

Golem wrote:Added a map of the area. The trip to Malforten is roughly 33 leagues (100 miles) west. With the dwarves setting the pace, the party will make it to Malforten in six days. I will be posting weather and any encounters for each day.

I need to know the marching order and the night watch. The West Road is well traveled ands wide enough for a wagon. The landscape is mostly grassy plains with some rolling hills.
I see the "Maps" thread, but do not yet see a map.

Part of Georg's comment, "How far is it, and what supplies do you feel we need?" was to open the discussion on extra gear required, etc. I don't know how detailed you want us to be, for gear, what the foraging and fishing options are, etc. The rule book seemed to want minutiae; however, their prices and required gear suggest the authors haven't spent a lot of time actually adventuring.

The group has a diverse skill set, and we probably shopped alone, as players. Georg can set up most of the backpacks to go on his horse or Fallon's pony, so the party supplies could be loaded up and everyone walk unencumbered. Bread and cheese, with a few apples, would get us to Malforten pretty easily, as long as we had a good water supply. Fallon and Georg have fishing gear, too. So supper might be tasty.

I'll add Fallon to the PC thread so everyone can see him. He's Georg's page, and being trained as a knight. He currently does a lot of the odd jobs around camp, too. Have to channel all that boyish energy!

As to marching order, while Cormac is a natural for both point and guard, that can get wearing. Georg will suggest everyone rotate each, and those in the middle lead the animals. If there seems to be a threat, Georg will move to the front while Fallon prepares the horse for battle.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Cormac will take point and first watch. I think its a good idea for everyone to take a watch, maybe Fallon (the page correct?) can double up with a different person each night. Cormac has a weeks rations and will forage along the way. He doesn't have an issue buying some fresh food for the trip but doesn't have much coin.

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth can go in the middle or wherever bard can pretty much be wherever you wish or he is needed. He's also basically broke so no more supplies will he be buying with 3 SP. He also only has 1 week of rations.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Amarth can go in the middle or wherever bard can pretty much be wherever you wish or he is needed. He's also basically broke so no more supplies will he be buying with 3 SP. He also only has 1 week of rations.
If things are needed, Georg is willing to spend a little.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#32 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron has some coin he could spend if it was needed. He would prefer not to, but will grudgingly.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I equipped Armath with basics that i figured he might need/use being a bard hoping that others would have anything he is lacking but not knowing the length of the journey made the ration choice a rough decision so i went with my usual 7 days option.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#34 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron has a week of iron rations and some supplies, but not a whole lot of useful stuff.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Golem »

Leitz wrote:I see the "Maps" thread, but do not yet see a map.
Put it up. I had it set it up but forgot to submit it.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Leitz »

I'm not sure there's a great gap between the dwarf and the others. Georg would go riding around the village, but Cormac seems interested in a different path. So they seem to have stopped, for the nonce.

Georg's point is pretty simple; separating the wheat from the chaff. From the villager's comments and actions it seems like they don't really want help. Certainly, if you're going to consider fighting a gnoll and his mercenary band, knowing who you can depend on is critical. Our small group of four seems reasonably insufficient, by ourselves. Unless the gnoll in question has one hit point and two blind 85 year old kobolds as a gang.

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

could just be my misinterpreting of the distance of where the mystery voice is trying to talk to Armath and where the group is off too. But I figure someone on horseback is likely faster than a dwarf on foot.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:could just be my misinterpreting of the distance of where the mystery voice is trying to talk to Armath and where the group is off too. But I figure someone on horseback is likely faster than a dwarf on foot.
When Georg gets up there, he would actually wait for the dwarf. Sticking together as a group is important. The horse gives him height to see, though.

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Leitz wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:could just be my misinterpreting of the distance of where the mystery voice is trying to talk to Armath and where the group is off too. But I figure someone on horseback is likely faster than a dwarf on foot.
When Georg gets up there, he would actually wait for the dwarf. Sticking together as a group is important. The horse gives him height to see, though.
Noted. So then it begs to ask is anyone going to notice that something with a green hand is trying to talk to the bard and lure him away? It's odd but Amarth is cautious not stupid so he won't get within arms reach.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Leitz »

Likely, Georg will check everyone before he moves. My assumption is that the crowd is loud and that's why the rest of the party can't hear the conversation. Unless Armath wandered off.

I'm not as inclined to "play" Fallon, I've seen too many games where the PC's hench-person was more a power tool than an actual character in their own right. So the boy will likely stay quiet and near Georg most of the time.

Return to “The Umbrage Saga (Castles & Crusades)”