B S (V)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

B S (V)

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I was reminded that the mods would like us to keep these threads to 20 pages or less, so I will be trying to keep in compliance with that rule a little better from now on.

Please carry on. :mrgreen:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: B S (V)

#2 Post by Karaunios »

First!
Well, actually, second, but whatever... First!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Its not a contest! :lol:

I have that nagging feeling that I have missed something someone has posted again.

If I did, please yell at me. :mrgreen:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Karaunios »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Its not a contest! :lol:
Oh... :(

By the way, I've been perusing in some of the old threads and have seen there was (or is) a constable appointed by poor Mr. Nehru. Actually, the last time PCs interacted with him (or her?) was right before I Galanthas got to the island. It was precisely Wes and the vanished Greff, his first adventure companions who talked to him.

Whatever happened to him/her?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Great question!

Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja is alive and well, still living and keeping the peace in Beachtown. Although he is rarely approached any more these days. Probably because he isn’t the friendliest chap to deal with. And because nobody has been back in town for a long while.

He is currently up to his pointed ears in trying to figure out why Mr. Nehru hasn’t been around town for the last three days or so. He is the guy standing over there by that tree, the one with the yellow diamond rotating above his head. ;)

In fact, I think he is about to be re-introduced very soon by our crime fighting new town leader. :lol:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Karaunios »

Nice!

I reckon I'm really loving this game. Sandbox was always my favourite type of game and this one is amazing. This is the kind of campaign I dream of running for my friends.

I'm not saying this to save my characters' asses :lol: If they die, I'll roll up new ones.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

I am not sure how OM is keeping track of everything, just trying to catch up on what has happened already is a lot.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for the kind words! (you're right, they wont save you) :twisted:

Wait......am I supposed to be keeping track of all of this stuff? :lol:

FYI:
Everything that happens in the public game threads can be considered general knowledge that is spread around town for everyone to eventually hear. So if you ever have a question about something that your character wasn't necessarily involved with, just ask. I don't expect players to go back through hundreds of pages of material to find that information.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:Liam realizes he has no real plan.
There is some more coffee shot out of my nose. :lol:

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ravenn4544 »

I"ll ask :)

So what has everyone else found out?

1) Alordan came back down the river trail after the mighty battle in the pot fields. Bing and his crew fled. What happened after that? Seems like a lot :)

2) What else is going on in the jungle of interest as Alordan has been spending time mostly with minotaurs and cursed amulets.

Thanks!! :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

You know that Captain Bing set sail from the island in the Green Flash, heavily loaded with bundles of the finest herb any of you had ever seen. You also know that you routed the gathering of pirates who remained on the island, causing them to flee down the trail and regroup in one of the tiny villages on the trail closer to the sea. It was reported that they are still there by the last group who came back to town, but their numbers are as of yet unknown.

Liam and Andron just found out that Bing's trip didn't go to well, if Quark is indeed telling the truth.
viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6347&start=780#p430316

A large contingency of dwarves have been arriving on the island lately. They seem to have been ignoring the town so far and marching up the loggers trail into the jungle to the west.

There are a few other things out in the jungle as well. :twisted:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

So the group I am in is focusing on the Minotaur and Medusae, and Liam's is dealing with the maybe doppleganger/pirates. Is that correct?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yes, that's correct.

At least that was an easy question. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

More tidbits:

As you may have noticed, I can post a lot. And I like to keep the action moving as much as possible in the game threads. I don't get to excited about people posting over the weekends, but I sometimes use them to play catch up when I can. As a general rule, I try to post in the mission threads 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but that varies from time to time as well.

I cant stress enough that you need to pay close attention to updating your sheet in this game. There are WAY too many characters for me to keep track of everyone, so I need to trust that items are being recorded and changes are being made to your status on each players sheets. I am not talking about keeping track of every hit point, I normally keep track of hp's, spells ect., but please make sure you are tracking your equipment, treasure, and any other upgrades made to your characters.

I usually suggest that players read the main game threads first and then read the ooc or private threads or whatever afterwards, before posting. That seems to work the best for me, and might reduce confusion when reading more than one or two posts at a time.

I am not a big fan of using the "subscribe to forum" feature on this board. I find that it doesn't work very well and can cause serious lulls in the actions of certain characters at times. I prefer that you check the list for new posts, but I cant control your bad habits any more than my own, so I have no way of actually enforcing that one. :lol: But seriously, if I had a dollar for every time a player gave me the excuse of "sorry, I wasn't getting notified that there was a new post", I could retire and go live under a bridge somewhere. :mrgreen:

I hope these little refreshers help and I will likely keep posting them periodically as I think of more.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Quonundrum »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Yes, that's correct.

At least that was an easy question. :lol:
Except Andron is part of both threads at the moment. It all makes sense in a wibbily wobbly, timey wimey point of view.

;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

I noticed that but didn't comment since there is the when in Beachtown you can be multiple places rule. May get awkward soon since the ship is leaving and a fight might break out in the tree house.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Jernau35 »

On the upside, if a fight does break out, pretty much everybody who is in the boat going to the island could also technically be in the tavern. You'll have plenty of back-up :D
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Just think of the ramifications of being literally tossed out of an aerial tavern. :? :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Urson »

Assuming Quark has nothing else to add and nothing comes from the Detect Magic spell, Liam will head out to Everyday Thread and find Sunshine the Lawman
:lol: :lol:
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Return to “Completed Missions”