OOC

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC

#2 Post by AQuebman »

Could everyone please make their own thread's and include their characters within them? That way they can be tweaked and tracked as we move forward within the campaign space.

If for some reason your unable to post a new topic let me know and i'll look into giving you that privilege.

Thanks,

Aaron

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Vargr1105 »

You want a separate character sheet thread for each individual player?

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by AQuebman »

yeah basically a thread that's titled: Vargr1105's characters. I'm basically mimicking what ravenCrowKing is doing in his thread because I like it. Then each player can track and update their characters and I can see them for behind the scenes rolls as well.

Here's the link to his if you want to see what I mean: viewforum.php?f=36

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by AQuebman »

Vargr1105 wrote:You want a separate character sheet thread for each individual player?

Thanks Vargr, feel free to post in the game thread to introduce characters etc.. until the others post.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by NJWilliam »

Can we spend copper from starting funds in character generation, or should that wait?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by AQuebman »

There are a few traveling merchants who have found their way into your guild that can provide basic supplies. Most of the townspeople who ran the shops have been taken and their shops have been abandoned. The ones who are still alive hide in their homes scared that they will be next.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by NJWilliam »

Okay. I grabbed some basic supplies for my four characters and posted the costs in their equipment.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by NJWilliam »

I think the characters are done. Does the halfling get their luck bonus thing at 0 level?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by AQuebman »

NJWilliam wrote:I think the characters are done. Does the halfling get their luck bonus thing at 0 level?
The way i'm running 0 level demi-humans is they will get innate abilities not based on their class levels. So for halflings the 20" speed the Small Size and Infravision is what they will start with.

Lucky is a boon of gaining 1 level in the Halfling class. As is the two weapon fighting/stealth boons.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Vargr1105 »

AQuebman wrote:OOC: I need everyone to roll initiative for their group.
How do we roll Initiative? There is nothing on the intro rules PDF about that. Is it individual or group? What die to we use? etc...
AQuebman wrote:Also I forgot to put this into the rules initially so I just added it but please declare actions and include damage rolls with all attacks so I can keep a fast pace throughout the game.
What are we reacting to exactly? Who or what is the foe and where is it? Do we have to declare actions on the same post where Initiative is rolled, or is Initiative rolled and then actions declared and attack/damage/etc rolls made?

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by AQuebman »

Vargr1105 wrote:How do we roll Initiative? There is nothing on the intro rules PDF about that. Is it individual or group? What die to we use? etc...
DCC is d20 based so Normal Initiative is D20 + Agility + Miscellaneous Modifiers

For 0 level characters it's rolled as a group as each player controls multiples. So I need everyone to roll 1d20 + highest agi in your group. Miscellaneous modifiers really won't come into play until 1st level and beyond are reached. For your round of initiative your 4 characters will act in unison.
Vargr1105 wrote:What are we reacting to exactly? Who or what is the foe and where is it? Do we have to declare actions on the same post where Initiative is rolled, or is Initiative rolled and then actions declared and attack/damage/etc rolls made?
Basically the more you include at once the faster I can interpret all the actions and keep the round moving quickly. So i'd love to have initiative, actions, attacks, & damage thrown together if applicable. Feel free to name multiple actions based on what occurs to cover yourself. " I.e.: If Monster A attacks my ally, Jim will attack but if Monster A attacks Jim he'll run for the hills"

I will also use initiative at times even if combat is not applicable or may end up being avoided. In this situation you are reacting to the vines grown within two corpses that currently block your path.

Thank you for bringing up some of your concerns Vargr, if there's anything else you need clarity on please let me know.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by AQuebman »

Another tip for those who are without the rulebook that will be helpful for your 0th level adventure: You may permanently burn luck points down to 3 to modify an attack or damage roll. You can either declare the burn at any point before or after an attack roll and same with damage.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by AQuebman »

unfortunately I own the PDF version of the rulebook and for purposes of running this game I would love to share it. The issue is that it's 50mb and no email or free service I know of is going to let me upload that. It's worth a buy anyways but if somebody has a work around I can pass that along for use in this game only.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by AQuebman »

FYI for future knowledge:

Daggers, Darts, Handaxes, Javelins, & Slings are the only ranged weapons that apply strength modifier to damage and that's only at close ranged.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by NJWilliam »

so with a -1 strength modifier, Bronn would do more damage at medium or long range with his sling?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by AQuebman »

NJWilliam wrote:so with a -1 strength modifier, Bronn would do more damage at medium or long range with his sling?
Yes and I think this makes sense as at close range it's the force of getting it to the foe whereas from a distance it's the velocity that is built up as it sails.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by AQuebman »

Everyone whose email I had I sent the PDF of the Corebook via Dropbox. Thanks to Alethan for that tip. If you can't get it or have an issue let me know.

Update coming this afternoon or tonight after work.

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”