Action Thread 6

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 6

#121 Post by rredmond »

I wanted to clarify before we push on. One creature is sitting down, in the middle of combat. Another creature looks confused, but isn't sitting down or responding to you. The 3rd and 4th (who are #2 and #3) creatures are still attacking.
I'll upload the map but here's the breakdown:
#1 - sitting and conversing
#2 - attacking
#3 - attacking
#4 - apparently confused
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (88.53 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#122 Post by Alethan »

Freda parries #2's attacks and shouts, "Stop! Your leader wants to talk!"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by max_vale »

Ogre; knowing that he was not in the least bit charismatic; moved away from the non-combative insect man and moved towards the two that were still attacking. Stepping in between the two insect men and his companions; with his shield out in front of him and his sword sheathed; Ogre does his best to seperate the fighting parties.

Doing his best to sound non-threatening; he called out to the insect-men; "Please; lay down your arms and talk to us as your fellows are doing!"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by Distorted Humor »

Elwita parries the attacks and tries to get them to listen.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen takes a defensive stand and waits to see what happens this round.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 7:31 a
Round 3

You all react quicker than the creatures, but everyone is parrying, except for Phanstern who takes a seat and Delgath who steps back a bit readying magic missile.

tkrexx wrote:Excellent! Many thanks, friend! He will approach Bug#4 & Bug#1 within 5 feet, keeping them between himself and the other two, and seat himself cross-legged on the murky floor. He addresses Bug#1, the speaker. I notice your companions do not understand my speech. Perhaps you will translate for me. You can see my friends have lost the will to fight; we have made a grievous error. We heard you approaching and we thought you were more of those awful Orcs! (They don't fancy us, for some reason.) Please ask your friends to join us here in this conversation. My name is Phanstern. How are you called?

The creature hisses to his comrades. The confused creature (#4) also sits down! :shock: Still looking slightly out of it. The other two press the attack.

Even though parrying the displays of the flashing swords attacking the party is amazing and two of the slashes are able to land hits. Freda through her normally impervious armor, and Eljay past her defenses. Freda takes 5hp and Eljayess 4hp

The lead creature further responds to Phanstern by saying “The slavers call me Quinquaginta when we interact.” The other sitting creature is shaking it’s buggy head. “What are orcs?
End of Round 3. #1 and #4 are on the floor. #2 and 3 don’t seem to be letting up at all. I’ll need an initiative roll from one of you, and called actions from everyone for Round 4. HPs updated below.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (59 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (58 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
------Hypnotism: 5 minutes left

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by rredmond »

Map. Yellow circles are folks sitting down.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (89.82 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by max_vale »

(OOC: It's possible you may have missed it; or perhaps just ruled that Ogre couldn't move there last round; but in my last post, I mentioned that he had sheathed his sword and moved over towards where the insect-men who were still fighting were...i.e. numbers 2 & 3; with his shield up and moving in between them and his companions if at all possible. Just wanted to make sure that was clear....if he has not yet reached this loaction; he will do so this turn; shoving in front of his companions, with a warning as to his intentions if need be. :) )

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#129 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett will remain in the back of the group, with the intention of staying as out of sight of the still fighting bug men as much as he can. He will keep his sword drawn, though, and prepare to parry any incoming attacks, or attack if necessary.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by saalaria »

Dredd maintains his vigil on the two facing phan but will periodically check the passage onwards for any activity. He is nervous about being the man on point and continually shifts from foot to foot, fidgetting all the while.
Once Blodgett withdraws or seemingly is out of battle he hails him::
"Blodgett my friend could you check out this passage and maintain a watch down it as I don't fancy anyone surprising us during these delicate negotiations!"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#132 Post by Alethan »

max_vale wrote:(OOC: It's possible you may have missed it; or perhaps just ruled that Ogre couldn't move there last round; but in my last post, I mentioned that he had sheathed his sword and moved over towards where the insect-men who were still fighting were...i.e. numbers 2 & 3; with his shield up and moving in between them and his companions if at all possible. Just wanted to make sure that was clear....if he has not yet reached this loaction; he will do so this turn; shoving in front of his companions, with a warning as to his intentions if need be. :) )

Yeah, what Max said!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern smiles broadly. Quinquaginta! Well met, then! His expression then changes as he seeks information about the slavers, knowing with his companions yet under attack there is little time for politeness. You have dealings with these "Slavers?" We have heard much about them, perhaps you could enlighten us about them, and your dealings with them, and where we might find them?

Ron, you'll have to keep track of rounds for me as the conversation continues. I realize the Bugs may have a difficult time with common, and that may slow it down some.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by Distorted Humor »

I will block and back away if I can, showing that I mean no harm...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by rredmond »

max_vale wrote:(OOC: It's possible you may have missed it; or perhaps just ruled that Ogre couldn't move there last round; but in my last post, I mentioned that he had sheathed his sword and moved over towards where the insect-men who were still fighting were...i.e. numbers 2 & 3; with his shield up and moving in between them and his companions if at all possible. Just wanted to make sure that was clear....if he has not yet reached this loaction; he will do so this turn; shoving in front of his companions, with a warning as to his intentions if need be. :) )
Crap, you are correct. I did miss that. Hmm, I'll move you up now.
tkrexx wrote:Ron, you'll have to keep track of rounds for me as the conversation continues. I realize the Bugs may have a difficult time with common, and that may slow it down some.
No worries, I'm keeping track in the consumables line at the bottom of the action posts. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 7:32 a
Round 4

Everyone continues parrying, except for Phanstern who takes a seat and Delgath who steps back a bit readying magic missile. Eljay steps back to cast a spell (that's your second first level spell cast, I think the other was a CL). Blodgett moves over to aid Delgath.

Eljay's spell gets off right at the beginning, but seems to have no effect.

The creature hisses a laugh "the rest don't speak Slaver" he calls over more vehemently in their language. The confused creature (#4) looks as if he's starting to get up, but at the command sits back down. The other two do attack, but if because it's only half-hearted, or because everyone in the party is playing defense, none of their four attacks hit. But they seem to back off a bit, and appear, even in their very alien way, confused about what's going on, looking to the one that is speaking with Phanstern.

Phanstern wrote:Quinquaginta! Well met, then!

The creature nods in recognition at Phanstern.
Phanstern wrote: His expression then changes as he seeks information about the slavers, knowing with his companions yet under attack there is little time for politeness. You have dealings with these "Slavers?" We have heard much about them, perhaps you could enlighten us about them, and your dealings with them, and where we might find them?

The creature responds: “You slavers give us meat and blood for our nest to grow in strength, that is a deal no? You are in the wrong section for slavers, your kind belongs west and north of here. This section is only for the Aspis and our ants. You are not safe here. You go East, we will eat you, you go West past the stairs, we will eat you - all my kind will assume you are here as a meal. The Cow would have it no other way. You should go back up the stairs and come down in a slaver section, yes much safer, very dangerous here. Or even quicker, to your friends at the top of the ladder, but be sure they know you are slavers too as you come out or they will kill... we don't take the ladder..”

End of Round 4. I see what you are saying about how fast you can ask questions rexx, but I'll keep this going in Rounds, which are a full minute long, and be liberal with the language difficulty (both speaking and understanding) of the creature you are speaking too. Plus, I have no idea where the heck this is going. Eljayess has a direct line of prayer to the dice gods... or perhaps Karraway is praying away real hard to the stone dice gods. :)

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (58 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (57 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
------Hypnotism: 4 minutes left

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by rredmond »

Map. I think I have everyone in their correct spots. :)
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (89.67 KiB) Viewed 1548 times

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#138 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Blodgett moves over to aid Delgath.
Ron, I don't remember doing that (I might be losing my mind; very possible). What aid does Delgath need anyway?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:
rredmond wrote:Blodgett moves over to aid Delgath.
Ron, I don't remember doing that (I might be losing my mind; very possible). What aid does Delgath need anyway?
Dang your right. You moved back and he called for help. I mentally jumped to you moving over there. sorry about that.
Delgath is just nervous, you "help" by being another target if something comes out of that tunnel. :D

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#140 Post by ToniXX »

saalaria wrote:"Blodgett my friend could you check out this passage and maintain a watch down it as I don't fancy anyone surprising us during these delicate negotiations!"
Damnit, I totally missed this. Blodgett does as his friend asks, and, trying to use his infravision, looks down the hallway for anything approaching, sword still drawn. He's standing off to the side of the hallway, not directly in front of it. He doesn't want to make a nice silhouette target.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”