900th member

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

900th member

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

I have been eagerly waiting to see who will be the 900th member on the board. Personally, silly as it might be, I think it is pretty cool that it could be anyone. I am trying to think of a neat way to welcome them when they arrive.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: 900th member

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:I am trying to think of a neat way to welcome them when they arrive.
With an instant ban. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#3 Post by Scott308 »

That would be an unexpected welcome, for sure!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Bluehorse wrote:I am trying to think of a neat way to welcome them when they arrive.
With an instant ban. ;)
Likely we'll fight over who gets to do it...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

:lol:
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Hey Bluehorse it is such a part of the Unseen Servant culture that we eagerly await new members. That's why I dig this place so much, everybody is supportive and helpful, and the few problems we have are rare and can be dealt with swiftly. So many of the members are mini-mods in maintaining the great thing we have going here it's so awesome to see. This place is great because the members are like you and because of how they make this a wonderful place to play.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

rredmond wrote:Hey Bluehorse it is such a part of the Unseen Servant culture that we eagerly await new members. That's why I dig this place so much, everybody is supportive and helpful, and the few problems we have are rare and can be dealt with swiftly. So many of the members are mini-mods in maintaining the great thing we have going here it's so awesome to see. This place is great because the members are like you and because of how they make this a wonderful place to play.
8-) I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here thus far.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Has anyone ever actually been banned? I agree with rredmond, a great group of people here.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote:Has anyone ever actually been banned? I agree with rredmond, a great group of people here.
I didn't think so, but I looked earlier today and apparently there are a couple dozen banned accounts. They're all spam accounts as far as I can tell.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Mostly spam yes. The one or two problematic members we may have had, I believe self-banned. But that was a really long time ago.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

There was one person who was within a gnat's hair of getting banned, but he decided to flame out in a blaze of mediocrity and left on his own. It was the next step, though.

We do closely monitor activity that is detrimental to the site, like abusive behavior or DMs habitually abandoning games, and will take action accordingly.

But yeah, at this point I believe the only user IDs that have been banned are spam accounts.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:...blaze of mediocrity ...
Just found my new band name! :D

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:...blaze of mediocrity ...
Just found my new band name! :D
TM.jpg
TM.jpg (2.21 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by Alethan »

Would also be a really good spell name!

Well... a low-level spell, anyway. But with room for different names for the advanced versions.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Would also be a really good spell name!

Well... a low-level spell, anyway. But with room for different names for the advanced versions.
A cantrip, maybe?
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by rredmond »

Blaze of Mediocrity: This spell, created by the Wizard of Meh... :lol:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Oooo, how about this cantrip encases it's target in a wall of flames, that immediately goes out. The shock of not being hurt causing the target to lose initiative, but no other deleterious effects. ;)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Bluehorse »

rredmond wrote:Oooo, how about this cantrip encases it's target in a wall of flames, that immediately goes out. The shock of not being hurt causing the target to lose initiative, but no other deleterious effects. ;)
This needs to happen! I love it!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

I think there's a whole class of spells that could be created under this idea...

Insignificant Haste: When cast, the recipient of the spell has their movement increased by 5%. It also allows the user to add 1 additional attack for every 20 consecutive rounds of combat (effective on the 20th round). Side Effects: When the spell wears off, the user receives an age spot on the back of their hand (85% chance) or their head (15% chance).

Missile of Mediocrity: When cast, a parchment flying apparatus approximately 10" long appears next to the caster. This apparatus can be commanded to attack any visible target, which it will do automatically for 1d2 damage. However, it takes 2 rounds for it to reach the target and is affected by atmospheric conditions, which may delay the apparatus by 2d10 rounds. There is a 1% chance the parchment flying apparatus will hit the intended target in the eye, causing additional mild discomfort.

Tongues of Passability: This conveys upon the recipient the ability to speak and understand Pig Latin for the duration of the spell.

Ray of Lesser Enfeeblement: The target of this spell receives a small, almost-invisible parchment cut on their hand (caster can determine right hand or left hand) on the webbing between their thumb and first finger, causing 1 point of damage. If a wedge of lemon is applied to the cut within two rounds, the damage is doubled.

Angst: The target of this spell suddenly becomes slightly concerned about something they may or may not have done in the last week. Does Steve think you meant to miss the orc with your axe? Does Joe know you were the one who nicked his sword blade last Tuesday while using it to hit small rocks you were tossing into the air? Did Carolyn not like the camp meal you cooked last night? A slight sheen breaks out on the recipient's forehead and the palms of their hands become sweaty. If cast in conjunction with Ray of Lesser Enfeeblement, damage will be doubled.

Minor Globe of Insignificance: When cast, the recipient is surrounded by a 4' radius sphere. Within this sphere, they are able to adjust the ambient temperature by up to 2 degrees. They can make it either warmer or colder, but not both.

Return to “Suggestions”