OOC II: The Forge of Fury

DM: Dave
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

OOC II: The Forge of Fury

#1 Post by dmw71 »

Restarting here.

Your first action should be reviewing your new character footer information (here) and posting either:

• Confirmation that everything looks good; or
  • A list of corrections.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II: The Forge of Fury

#2 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Good to see this back.

The only thing I see on Sky is her movement rate should be 30 normal, 20 climbing. Everything else looks good.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Good to see this back.

The only thing I see on Sky is her movement rate should be 30 normal, 20 climbing. Everything else looks good.
Fixed. Let me know if you ever spot anything else.

And, yes, I've been meaning to kick start this one for a while, but I'm already struggling to keep up with my other three games (especially given my work situation for the until August). So, expect the pace to be slow, especially at first, but it's better to be slow than completely stagnant, right?
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Slow is better than a dead/stagnant game yes.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

Announcement
Once we kick things off again, I am going to request (in all my games) that everyone include an unmodified 1d20 roll with each of your updates. Something like:
Roll, If Needed: [1d20]

This would be in addition to any rolls you would normally include.

If this included roll is needed, it will be used. If not, it will be ignored (the result will not carry over).

There are many times when, while compiling a list of everyone's actions, and factoring in what a monster/NPC would do, a roll would normally be called for. For instance, a Stealth check. I will sometimes:
  • Make a roll myself;
  • Publish the update but request the roll after the fact, then go back and edit to reflect the roll result; or
  • Post the update but stop the action short, then specifically call for a roll(s).

It's not a huge deal if you forget, but it would be really helpful, especially in my current situation where I'm extremely pressed for time, to have these rolls to call upon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Shaede »

Looks good!

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

easy enough i technically already have that macro. Will do as asked Dave. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

I'm still working on getting this one kicked off.

However, now seems like a good time -- for everyone except Warrick, who's a brand new character -- to spend some downtime. As your accommodations have been largely paid for, whatever you selected for your lifestyle expense (which is found in the 'Currency' sidebar on your character sheet) can be downgraded by one (e.g. wealthy @ 4gp becomes comfortable @ 2gp; comfortable becomes modest @ 1gp; etc...).

Actually, here are your expenses:
  • Kelben: Modest (1gp) > Poor (2sp)
    Sky: Wealthy (4gp) > Comfortable (2gp)
    Klilxuac: Comfortable (2gp) > Modest (1gp)
    Ricwrick: Modest (1gp) > Poor (2sp)
    Warrick: Modest (1gp) > Poor (2sp)

I also want everyone to select a Downtime Activity they want their character to pursue during these periods of downtime:

I'm going to admit, I have never used this system before, and I don't know exactly how it works (as written), so I may modify things a bit, but I'm thinking I'd like to at least experiment with them. There are seven total adventures in the hardcover you're going through, so this downtime is something we'll probably spend between each of the individual adventures (like now).

So, feel free to take some time and explore the various options. Once you've selected one, feel free to let me know, here or in your private forum.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Unfortunately viewing dnd beyond on a mobile doesn't give the sidebar you speek of. I'll have to fix that later.

In his down time I think Kelben would train and practice a profession.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Unfortunately viewing dnd beyond on a mobile doesn't give the sidebar you speek of. I'll have to fix that later.
There isn't actually anything to fix. I looked up and listed everyone's lifestyle expenses above:
  • Kelben: Modest (1gp) > Poor (2sp)

So, you wouldn't change your lifestyle expense on your character sheet. Just while in Oakhurst, and being supported by the locals, when it comes time to spend your lifestyle expense, you'll do so at the lower level.
GreyWolfVT wrote:In his down time I think Kelben would train and practice a profession.
Okay, help me out here.
  • Training what?
  • What would his profession be?

Now, to everyone, I will say that none of this is required (except paying for your lifestyle expense). If you, as a player, are not interested in exploring any downtime activities -- that's cool. If you do, however, and you want to role-play a bit and root your character into some non-adventuring activity, of which there may be some (eventual) benefit, this would be your chance to do it.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok to the first part.

Training I'll say learning a new language. Maybe Elvish if Qelgrax Klilxuac is willing to teach it to him perhaps?

Profession: Spy/Criminal if the background is right.
BACKGROUND
Criminal / Spy
Feature: Criminal Contact
You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#12 Post by Scott308 »

The dragonborn will spend time reading and studying Treasures of the Fire Lords, hoping to learn something useful.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Gerrin »

Due to some unforeseen family issues I'm going to have to take a hiatus from the six or so games I'm involved in.
Hope to be back soon.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by dmw71 »

Gerrin wrote:Due to some unforeseen family issues I'm going to have to take a hiatus from the six or so games I'm involved in.
Hope to be back soon.
I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I do hope everything works out.

Thanks for letting us know.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Good luck Gerrin.

Sky will use the time carousing and performing for the town. She hopes to make some contacts and money along the way.

Her current goal is to learn ways to create magical items. Particularly the so-called immovable rod and magical instruments. She hopes to impress and befriend people who could help her further that goal.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

Just a quick note, which I'll be adding to all my games, that I'm starting to get into a better groove at work, even with the increased workload.

Hopefully that will mean an uptick in activity.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Good luck Gerrin.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#18 Post by Scott308 »

Best of luck, Gerrin.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Shaede »

Hey all. Sorry for my hiatus. Back in full swing later this week. How are we doing? Need a replacement?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by dmw71 »

It's funny, I actually have the start of the next post for this game saved as a draft.

I think we're still good with four, but the lack of a cleric will make things a bit more interesting, or challenging.

Should be fun.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Tales From the Yawning Portal (5e)”