Rp Gaming Thread I

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Rp Gaming Thread I

#301 Post by Stonjuz »

With a nod to the remainder of our group, especially to Murdock, "To our tasks?"
Evan, THE FOURTH, ;) heads back to the pawnbroker, in hopes of making payment on his original instrument ticket. He will ask of known fencebroker activity nearby,while letting his Dwarven badge expose itself for an instant (intentionally), hopefully intimidating the keeper into accepting the trade.
"Anymore work need done around here? Or, are we square now?" , he says with a smile and begins whistling the melody to the old song 'The Straits of Tachao' while waiting for an answer.
Last edited by Stonjuz on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#302 Post by Shonuff »

He inspects the coins, making sure they aren't lower quality Hepulchor coins. He smiles under his bushy mustache and replies:
"Aye, we're square." The man begins again, recounting the gold coins.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#303 Post by Bhart »

Mouse snatches the backpack. He throws the waterskin, 2 jars of weaponblack, the pirate clothing, a healing potion and a vial of the toxin into the pack. He removes his badge and tucks it away inside his vest before putting on his pack.

When the small thief exits into the streets he immediately feels eyes upon him and instinctively tries to hide himself behind the rest of the group. He whispers to Trarth and Simmons "We need to move, there are too many eyes here. Wait a few minutes then meet me 4 blocks to the west." With that he pulls his cap down low and heads off.

Mouse alternates his path between major thoroughfares and deserted side streets or alleys. Occasionally the paranoid thief double backs and retraces his steps to check for a tail. When he reaches the meeting point he looks for a place he can go un-noticed and watch Simmons and Trarth approach. He studies the street look for signs that they were followed.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#304 Post by NJWilliam »

Trarth grabs both a small shield and a large shield, and any and all of the other items that are left on the table that others neglected to grab for themselves. He winks at Mouse and heads East and South before meeting Mouse 4 blocks West as discussed.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#305 Post by Computer +1 »

Simmon slips on the bracers, happy for any added protection. All the eyes watching the group on the street along with the scene inside has left him worried and very quiet. Distracted with his inner thoughts he doesn't even think about splitting up as he silently falls in line with Trarth to head over to the meeting spot.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#306 Post by Stonjuz »

Evan, to keep himself occupied while waiting momentarily, finds a shaded bench and begins to strum out a toon while thinking of 'M'.

When the daylight is falling down, into the night
And the sharks try to cut a big piece out of life
It feels so right to go out to catch an outrageous thrill
But it's more like spinning wheels of fortune which never stand still
When the sunlight is rising, up in my eyes
And the long night has left me back at somebody's side
It feels alright for a long sweet minute like hours before
But it's more like looking out for something I can't find anymore
There is no dream that you can't make true, if you're looking for love
But there's one girl who's burning the ice away from my heart
Big city nights. Maybe tonight!

(Scorpions)
Last edited by Stonjuz on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#307 Post by Bhart »

Once Mouse feels comfortable that no one has followed Trarth and Simmon he leads them toward the south ward. The guy we are going to meet is a fence named Jenner Heim. I knew his pa but I've never met him, so I'm not sure what to expect. He took over his pa's business when ole Goage crossed the wrong people and got himself skinned alive. the thief begins to explain in a low voice as they walk. He gives a nervous glance behind them checking again for a tail. As they round a corner he continues, The way I figure it, IF anyone is tryin' to move stolen goods as exotic as them disks, Jenner'd be in the know. He's working out of a tavern on Broken Tooth Alley and Warrior's Way. If I 'member right it's a pretty rough place, so be alert.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#308 Post by Stonjuz »

From his bench outside the relic shop, an idea for a festival song comes to mind. Just as he begins to bring it to life, Murdock arrives. Evan puts the instrument away and hopes that the man has news.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#309 Post by Rotten »

"News? I just got here and I hope I wasn't followed. We are going to play prospective buyers of relics, specifically the disks. You and Arjiri, the buyers and me your bodyguard. Hopefully she will get here soon, m'Lord," winks Murdock.

Endeavor

#310 Post by Endeavor »

Endeavor wrote:and make her way to the vicinity of the shop where the earlier plan had been formulated to pose as and make her way to the vicinity of the shop where the earlier plan had been formulated to pose as buyers (and wait for the other two, if they are not already present, without lurking suspiciously).
OOC: chronology of arrival is up to the DM I suppose based on how the city was traversed and how many stops were made etc.

Endeavor

#311 Post by Endeavor »

Endeavor wrote: ...and make her way to the vicinity of the shop where the earlier plan had been formulated to pose as buyers (and wait for the other two, if they are not already present, without lurking suspiciously).
OOC: chronology of arrival is up to the DM I suppose based on how the city was traversed and how many stops were made etc.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#312 Post by Stonjuz »

Evan bows to Arjiri as she arrives.
"Excellent, just two doors from the left, this pawnbroker is one place you may have to masquerade without me. I have done business in the past there. Love of money lives there, my instincts tell me. See what you two can find out. If you care to investigate that, he has not admitted to any fencing operations, but it would not surprise me if he knows of such. Then we can go to the more stylish and trendy shops after that."

Endeavor

#313 Post by Endeavor »

Arjiri queries Evan: "Lark-Tongue, don't you think your previous relationship with the broker could yield us more information than a masquerade? I have no intention of playing a giggling strumpet canoodling with her paramour so perhaps we should just accompany you within and then see what our combined effort may yield?"

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#314 Post by Stonjuz »

"Inside, the keeper knows that I am merely a clubfoot new arrival. To persuade him has been easy to this point, but to decieve? He obviously recognized the value of this fine-crafted instrument. This was my great, great, grandfather's Gibsophonic. Much more than a clubfoot deserves. Perhaps he may know of other goods in our market, but he also knows I am broke. To masquerade as collectors isnt going to be possible. And he has been fair to me, so I do not want him to be strongarm influenced."

Endeavor

#315 Post by Endeavor »

Waiting for Evan's explanation of the circumstance to conclude, Arjiri crosses her arms while listening then reiterates: "Yes I too agree that a masquerade is something we should not invest in; perhaps going in as your "broke" self with accompaniment may yield us more information and as well create a more 'refined' <ahem> interaction with the shopmaster, which you mentioned was a concern of yours.... This all hinging upon your ability to spit smooth spirit out at the same pace you toss it back...." :P She chuckles at the metaphor, entertaining her own self as usual.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#316 Post by Stonjuz »

"Then let us go in. The other team has a head start on us I venture to say."
Extending an arm to the lovilies comes naturally and Evan does so with lark-tongue flair. "Shall we?"

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#317 Post by Shonuff »

Mouse, Trarth And Simmon:
You three reach the corner of Broken Tooth Alley and Warrior's Way. "The Golden Knuckles Gaming Hall"
sits like a tired warrior, leaning against "Lady Changecloak's Fineries" dress shop next door. The sign over the door is a shirtless dwarf in baggy pants with 8 rings on his fingers, giving him...golden knuckles. The place is packed and people are staggering in from the festivities and staggering out onto the street to enjoy more. At the door outside are two of the ugliest creatures you've ever seen. Faces like a bat, smushed-in noses and big pointed ears, (with bites taken out). Their bodies covered in fur, then covered in splintmail. Small clubs hang on their hips, and the two bugbears sneer at you as you approach. Inside the sound of a fight is going on.

Once you go inside, you see the interior of the gaming hall has been pushed to the walls and the center of the building drops 4 foot into the ground. A circular ring is being used by two dwarves and a huge Anistlavi human. The trio are surrounded by cheering betting patrons, as the bar is being manned by a large human with a barrel chest and handlebar mustache. You notice the ceiling has been covered with mirrors. Squares of mirrors entirely cover the ceiling, and those in the back use it to watch the fight from the cheap seats.
Arjiri, Murdock And Evan:
You all gather and enter back into the familiar pawnbroker. Redus Still sits on his stool behind the counter. The thin human with the oiled black goatee looks up and smiles as you enter. "Redus Pondbottom, Pawnbroker and lensmith at your- . . ." He stops at seeing Evan again and smirks greedily. "Hello again, Master Evan. Back for another Loan?"

We all ready to kick this adventure back on high gear? or we still doing the "holiday thing"?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#318 Post by Stonjuz »

[quote="Shonuff"] Arjiri, Murdock And Evan:
You all gather and enter back into the familiar pawnbroker. Redus Still sits on his stool behind the counter. The thin human with the oiled black goatee looks up and smiles as you enter. "Redus Pondbottom, Pawnbroker and lensmith at your- . . ." He stops at seeing Evan again and smirks greedily. "Hello again, Master Evan. Back for another Loan?"
"No sir, Mister Redus, I have brought prospective buyers to your establishment today. It seems the young lady here, and her servant, has a desire for trinket and I mentioned that I may be able to guide her to someone in the know."

Endeavor

#319 Post by Endeavor »

"Thank You, Sir Evan" Arjiri calmly and graciously states as she reaches into her coin pouch and pulls out two gold pieces, placing them in the palm of the Hummingbird "Your service has proven sincere".

Waving her hand toward Murdock and allowing her face to come out of the shadow of her hood, she continues: "My man-at-arms here, generally in charge of such matters for my house and having had in-depth involvement in the details of our current acquisitions could expound on our visit with infinitely more lucidity and circumscription than I alone could muster."

She then withdraws slightly back into her hood's shadow and looks around the shop casually, as if just taking in a new surrounding, for any magical items, traps, anything that seems unusual or that she would recognize, especially relating to the discs. [Just in case: Observation=16 [1d20] = 2 ;) This girl is on observation fire! :o ]

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#320 Post by Shonuff »

Arjiri, Murdock and Evan:

Redus looks to Murdock and swallows a bit of trepidation as he clears his throat. He shifts his eyes to Evan and then back to Murdock.

"Ah-. How can I help you this day, M'lord? I have a wide array of fine royal quality items that would make your lady's house the Envy of Gothmoor. From serving sets to Paintings retrieved from the Mysterious forests of the Deep Dark. I have curios from sunken ships, and statuary that once sat on the mantles of dead kings." He stammers it out but with each word, he seems to gain his confidence, until ending with a wide genuine smile....even if looking like a used wagon salesman.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows”