Rp Gaming Thread I

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Rp Gaming Thread I

#321 Post by Bhart »

Mouse removes his cap and stuffs it inside his vest as he takes in the bar room. He whispers to Simmon, "I'm headin' to the bar. Stay within eye sight, but not too close. Everythin' about you screams you're a Jackboot so you might spook 'em." He gives Trarth a the once over and nods "You're ok but you look like money so watch yer purse."

The little thief slides through the crowd and finds a place at the bar. When the barrel chested barkeep approaches. He slides a silver coin heads up onto the bar while flashing a thieves' cant hand sign for 'I've got information to trade'. "A mug of yer best."Mouse says as he watches the man for signs that he recognizes the gesture.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by NJWilliam »

Trarth watches the fighters, gauging their skill and ability, as well as simply enjoying watching a fight. "Now we're talkin! Simmon, you see anyone settin up the fights around?"

Without taking his attention from the fight, he says, "Mouse, you had a contact here?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#323 Post by Rotten »

Murdock listens to Redus go on a bit, then replies, "All very nice things I'm sure, but M'lady is interested in Dwarven made goods, specifically things involving Engineering. You see, they are planning on building a new cottage and Dwarven architecture is all the latest rage amongst the wealthy families. Would you happen to have anything to suit her needs?"

Murdock watches the shopkeeps facial expression and body language.

Observation - need 11.5 [1d20] = 14

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#324 Post by Stonjuz »

observ (13.5)[1d20] = 10 appraise (15) [1d20] = 18
Evan can help with that observation while standing there, but hopefully he doesnt have to appraise anything presented. He is too busy working on his next musical.

Thought silently to himself:

I'm a pawnbroker What do you want on your ring
Every woman I meet They want the same old thing

Have to use my tester , See if it will stand the test
Yes, I am your pawnbroker , nothing but the best

18 carat is okay, But 14 will make the grade
Yes, I am your pawnbroker, nothing but the best that's made

B.B. KING

And then he sees the tamborine. Then he spots Arjiri looking at the tamborine too. ;)

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#325 Post by Shonuff »

Mouse:
Mouse watches the bartender as he looks to the thief's hands and curtly nods. He takes the coin and puts it into the mouth of a strange dragon sculpture. Even over the loud cheering of the fights, you can almost hear the coin fall into the hollow neck and belly and continue to a place unseen. The tender turns and pours a mug from a kask of beer labeled "Smoky Dragon Stout" and places it beside your hand.

With a second glance around the bar, he looks back to you and speaks low. " What are you looking for?"
Trarth, Simmon
You watch as the two dwarves are both knocked clean out by the monster of a man he stacks the dwarves on the edge of the ring, sitting on them both. The crowd cheers and boos, shouting for more. A female, almost elven in looks, floats off the floor and out over the ring. Her icy pale skin and her white hair belies her true race. With eyes the color of glowing saphirres, she looks around the ring. As she turns you notice tattoos in strange arcane designs all over her body. "Well now boys, who's next? Eh? Who wants a part of Rodug the Ravager? Who's next to step into this ring with the Ravager of Hepulchor?" The icy white woman floats around, looking the crowd over.

As you speak to Mouse and realize he isn't answering, you turn to see he's gone, not even in the crowd you've elbowed your way into.

Murdock, Arjiri, Evan:
Redus listens and his face goes slightly dark as you mention dwarven made goods. He tries to bring his smile back to full glory as he responds. " Fine sir, Apologies that i do not have anything here in the store of dwarven make. But if the lady wouldst wait a bit, I could dig up some rare Deepdark goods from the gnomish empire. I do have a large collection of rare and some say, dangerous, items that were taken from a ruined elven kingdom in the Wildreach that was overtaken by demons. Adventurers drug the chest into my shop not five days ago to sell their demon-touched elven antiques." He smiles, trying to see if your interest was piqued by his descriptions.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#326 Post by NJWilliam »

Trarth shrugs off his backpack and hands it to Simmon with his sabre on top. He steps forward toward the elven looking tattooed lass, and says,"Aye, I'll give it a go."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#327 Post by Rotten »

Murdock begins to frown a bit, "No dwarven made goods you say? Let's take a look at your elven antiques."

ooc- to speed the conversation up a bit, Murdock will begin to banter back and forth once the elven goods are displayed.

"These are some fine items indeed. These adventurers must have been brave and strong to have entered such ruins. What sort of group can accomplish such a haul as this?" Then whispering, "A guy like myself has always been interested in adventuring, do you think they could use another strong warrior? Do you know how I might contact them."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#328 Post by Computer +1 »

As Trarth hands over his pack and items Simmon in woken from his daydream with a start.
He looks at Trarth with a horrified expression and speaks in a quiet voice, You mean to fight with that brute?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#329 Post by Stonjuz »

Letting Murdock and Arjiri continue the conversation with Pondbottom, Evan waits for an opportune time to ask the shopkeeper if he knows anything about the fire.

Endeavor

#330 Post by Endeavor »

While barely even half-listening to the irrelevant pawnshop banter going on, a torch reflected golden-silvery gleam from the glass case hits Arjiri's eye peripherally and yields her interest somehow...

Minding the rhythm of the banter going and watching the shopkeeper for an opportune moment, Arjiri lets her eyes casually slide toward the source of the gleam from the dispay case and she spots an electrum plated rage pendant of Nimbos.

"ACK!" She proclaims in her own silent inner dialogue "That's better than the one I bear and that sucks! I want it."

She salivates over it internally and looks for similar pieces / findings as her eyes moving around Redus' cases and stock at chosen comfortable moments....
Last edited by Endeavor on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#331 Post by Bhart »

Mouse considers the beer in front of him before taking a sip. He looks around to be sure no one is too close before answering the barkeep. "I'm looking to talk with Jenner about recent events in the ward. I new his pa a few years back and I hear from a little bird that he's runnin' the family business now. Would you be him?" The little thief says in a low voice before giving a nervous glance around the bar once more.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows”