Character Creation

thirdkingdom
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Character Creation

#61 Post by The_Wanderer »

So I'm going fighter with that third set. For a skill, can I narrow Performance to a specific type of Performance? Taken one step further - how likely is my character to start with a small musical instrument?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by sulldawga »

The_Wanderer wrote:So I'm going fighter with that third set. For a skill, can I narrow Performance to a specific type of Performance? Taken one step further - how likely is my character to start with a small musical instrument?
You're going to start with thousands of gold so you can buy yourself a set of every small musical instrument in existence.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote:
The_Wanderer wrote:So I'm going fighter with that third set. For a skill, can I narrow Performance to a specific type of Performance? Taken one step further - how likely is my character to start with a small musical instrument?
You're going to start with thousands of gold so you can buy yourself a set of every small musical instrument in existence.
Yeah, knock yourself out. I'll get you hp, gold, and magic item rolls ASAP.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by thirdkingdom »

Hit points (low rolls, but you should have a better reroll next level): Hit points:: 1d8+1 7 2d8+2 16 3d8+3 14 4d8+4 16 5d8+5 20 6d8+6 26

11,000 gp.

Magic items:
Potion of fire resistance
potion of levitation
armor +2

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote:

Hit points (low rolls, but you should have a better reroll next level): Hit points:: 1d8+1 7 2d8+2 16 3d8+3 14 4d8+4 16 5d8+5 20 6d8+6 26

11,000 gp.

Magic items:
potion of levitation
armor +2
Ok...Am I being dense? What kind of armor +2?

Also - Any issue with me tweaking the fighting style Sword and Shield to Mace and Shield? I think Feargus likes to smash things.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:

11,000 gp.

Magic items:
potion of levitation
armor +2
Ok...Am I being dense? What kind of armor +2?

Also - Any issue with me tweaking the fighting style Sword and Shield to Mace and Shield? I think Feargus likes to smash things.

Forgot to roll for armor type; it's plate. And yeah, a mace is fine.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by The_Wanderer »

Alright, creation is done. Feel free to take a look if you'd like. Otherwise let me know how you want to integrate Feargus.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:Alright, creation is done. Feel free to take a look if you'd like. Otherwise let me know how you want to integrate Feargus.
Let's see where this is going IC. I'll want to get you introduced IC ASAP.

Els
Squire
Squire

#69 Post by Els »

Here's my stats:
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 8
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 3
Charisma: 16

Sorry for taking a little while to get these up, it took me much longer than it should have to find the "Reply" button.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by thirdkingdom »

Els wrote:Here's my stats:
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 8
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 3
Charisma: 16

Sorry for taking a little while to get these up, it took me much longer than it should have to find the "Reply" button.
I'll wait to roll out hp until I see what Knacks you've selected, but for now you start with:

7000 gp
Potion of human control
Scroll leading to a treasure worth 19,000 gp
Scroll of undead ward
Scroll containing the 2nd level spell Arcane Lock
Sword +1/light 30' radius

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by Atlictoatl »

Looking for HP for:

*Haaki, 7d4+7 (with familiar)
*Syoksya, 2HD owl familiar
*Lujana, riding horse

B/X doesn't have war dogs in its equipment list, but I'd be interested in purchasing three of them if that's acceptable.

Should we buy/carry animal feed for horses and such?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:Looking for HP for:

*Lujana, riding horse

B/X doesn't have war dogs in its equipment list, but I'd be interested in purchasing three of them if that's acceptable.

PC, familiar, horse:: 7d4+7 24 2d8 11 2d8 5

That's a good hp roll!

War dogs . . . call them 75 gp each. 2+2 HD each: http://orokos.com/roll/753797: 3#2d8+2 13 7 7. Let's say barding for the dogs would cost 75 gp each (1/2 of horse barding, due to the rarity), gives AC 14, weighs 150 cn.

At this point I haven't been worried with tracking feed for animals. We may do that if you start trekking across a desert or tundra, but right now I don't think we need to worry about that.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Atlictoatl »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Atlictoatl wrote:Looking for HP for:

*Lujana, riding horse

PC, familiar, horse:: 7d4+7 24 2d8 11 2d8 5

That's a good hp roll!

War dogs . . . call them 75 gp each. 2+2 HD each: http://orokos.com/roll/753797: 3#2d8+2 13 7 7. Let's say barding for the dogs would cost 75 gp each (1/2 of horse barding, due to the rarity), gives AC 14, weighs 150 cn.

At this point I haven't been worried with tracking feed for animals. We may do that if you start trekking across a desert or tundra, but right now I don't think we need to worry about that.
Thanks for the dogs and answers.

It is a good HP roll for a PC! (Which is kind of sad, because it's exactly average (2.5*7) before the CON bonus. Says a lot about how our PCs generally fare!)

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by beniliusbob »

Hi folks. Looking forward to playing with you all. :)

I will be playing Zellar, a dervish.

thirdkingdom, I'll take set 2 below and swap the 10 in Wis for the 16 in Cha.

I believe I saw you roll for PC hp and gold. Let me know.

I'll start filling up the sheet proper tomorrow.
thirdkingdom wrote: Beniliusbob:

Set 1. http://orokos.com/roll/772622: 6#3d6 6 10 10 13 15 8
Set 2. http://orokos.com/roll/772624: 6#3d6 10 14 10 14 14 16
Set 3. http://orokos.com/roll/772625: 6#3d6 13 12 10 9 8 17

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by thirdkingdom »

beniliusbob wrote:Hi folks. Looking forward to playing with you all. :)

I will be playing Zellar, a dervish.

thirdkingdom, I'll take set 2 below and swap the 10 in Wis for the 16 in Cha.

I believe I saw you roll for PC hp and gold. Let me know.

I'll start filling up the sheet proper tomorrow.
thirdkingdom wrote: Beniliusbob:

Set 1. http://orokos.com/roll/772622: 6#3d6 6 10 10 13 15 8
Set 2. http://orokos.com/roll/772624: 6#3d6 10 14 10 14 14 16
Set 3. http://orokos.com/roll/772625: 6#3d6 13 12 10 9 8 17
http://orokos.com/roll/772645: 7d6+7 29 2d6+1 10

29 hp, 10,000 gp.

http://orokos.com/roll/772646: 8#1d100 79 70 62 21 61 17 99 58

# of scrolls:: 1d3 1http://orokos.com/roll/772651: 1d115 74 Scroll of protection from undead.
Armor. http://orokos.com/roll/772648: 1d100] 2 Armor +1 Determine type as desired.
Misc weapon. http://orokos.com/roll/772650: 1d100 35 http://orokos.com/roll/772652: 2d6 5 Crossbow bolts +1

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by beniliusbob »

!draft sheet in progress

== Zellar ==
7th level human dervish

XP 50,000 / 100,000
Alignment Lawful

== Attributes ==
STR 10 (0)
INT 14 (+1)
WIS 16 (+2)
DEX 14 (+1)
CON 14 (+1)
CHA 10 (0)

+5% experience points bonus

== Background/Languages/Knacks/Skills ==

===Background===
Zellar's background

===Languages===
Common, faery

===Knacks===
Lay on Hands
Prodigy

===Skills===
Naturalist
Wilderness Survival
Healing
Riding

===Class Abilities===
Cleave
Holy trance
? fighting style
Create clerical potions
Turn undead
Initiative bonus
Wisdom bonus to AC
===Spells===
Spells per day: 3/2/1/1
1st level. Command, cure light wounds, detect evil, light, protection from evil, remove fear, resist cold, shillelagh**, augury.
2nd level. Barkskin**, bless, detect magic, know alignment, hold person, holy chant, resist fire, spiritual weapon, find traps.
3rd level. Cure blindness, cure disease, detect invisible***, dispel magic, locate object, mirror image***, remove curse (reversible), striking, speak with dead.
4th level. Cure serious wounds, detect lie, exorcise, neutralize poison, protection from evil 10’ radius, tongues.
5th level. Atonement, commune, cure critical wounds, divination, flame strike, insect plague, quest, true seeing.
== Combat ==
AC 16 (+1 Dex, +2 Wis, +3 leather armor +1)
HP 29 / 29
Movement Rate {tbd}
Initiative Modifier +2 (+1 Dex, +1 class)
Attacks
*Primary Melee Attack:
*Secondary Melee Attack:
*Primary Ranged Attack:

Saves:
*Petrification & Paralysis 11
*Poison & Death 8
*Breath 13
*Staves & Wands 9
*Spells 11

== Equipment ==
*Money: 10,000 gp
===Readied===
Leather armour +1

===Packed===
Scroll of protection from undead
Crossbow bolt +1 (x5)

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by beniliusbob »

Question about encumbrance for you, thirdkingdom. I hate to be min-maxy but without the ability to use missile weapons I don't want to be encumbered. So, with 10 Str, can I ready 2 or 3 items? Also, do I need to ready my holy symbol? This will impact what fighting style I choose.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by thirdkingdom »

beniliusbob wrote:Question about encumbrance for you, thirdkingdom. I hate to be min-maxy but without the ability to use missile weapons I don't want to be encumbered. So, with 10 Str, can I ready 2 or 3 items?
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Also, do I need to ready my holy symbol? This will impact what fighting style I choose.
So, curiously, it doesn't look like a divine caster's holy symbol is actually *used* for anything. Both p. 22 and 42 of OSE simply state that "a cleric must carry a holy symbol." I usually assume that one's holy symbol is worn as an amulet, and is specifically used only to turn undead. The holy symbol is small enough that it doesn't really count towards a readied item, though; it instead is a "thing" that counts towards a larger group (like flasks of oil or misc. items).

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by beniliusbob »

thirdkingdom wrote:
beniliusbob wrote:Question about encumbrance for you, thirdkingdom. I hate to be min-maxy but without the ability to use missile weapons I don't want to be encumbered. So, with 10 Str, can I ready 2 or 3 items?
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Also, do I need to ready my holy symbol? This will impact what fighting style I choose.
So, curiously, it doesn't look like a divine caster's holy symbol is actually *used* for anything. Both p. 22 and 42 of OSE simply state that "a cleric must carry a holy symbol." I usually assume that one's holy symbol is worn as an amulet, and is specifically used only to turn undead. The holy symbol is small enough that it doesn't really count towards a readied item, though; it instead is a "thing" that counts towards a larger group (like flasks of oil or misc. items).
Sorry for the confusion. So... with 10 Strength I can ready 5 items. If I want a full 120 move, I can ready half of that. I just wanted to confirm that we round down and I can ready 2 items (e.g. leather and weapon) and move 120.

I was thinking about AD&D where holy symbols are usually a material component, and how that might force me to ready 3.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by beniliusbob »

Sorry, one more encumbrance question. I notice the other PCs have backpacks readied. Is this intrinsic to the nature of a backpack within this system? Can I "stow" my pack in addition to the items within that pack? How would this affect the "digging out?" Would I have to unstow the pack and then unstow an item within it?

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”