[010] In The Ruins

ffilz
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: [010] In The Ruins

#161 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

She will signal to the launch that they want to get in, and prepare to do so.
SpinwardMarch

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#162 Post by Faanku »

Nathan too.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by joertexas »

As the two on the ground watch, Vee maneuvers the shuttle to a landing spot between two rock outcroppings with finicky precision. Visible through the pilot window is a dark-skinned woman with blonde hair.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Tiglath »

As the airlock on the launch works its way through a decontamination cycle a male voice greets Taheri and Nathan.

"Welcome to the Domain of Foix*. Please stow and safe any energy or assault weapons you may be carrying by disconnecting their power packs or removing magazines". Not until both have complied does the inner airlock door open and the pair are greeted by a portly man of middle age wearing a vacc suit. He is armed with a sophisticated looking silenced SMG slung across his chest but isn't making any threatening moves with it. In fact, he seems to be making every professional effort to be welcoming and polite.

"Welcome aboard! There is water and rations available and please let me know of any medical needs you may have. I am Grimaud and am at your service while you are guests of the Domain. The flight crew are nobles of House Foix - if you simply address either of them as "My Lady" that will suffice".

Apparently satisfied he offers a cheerful smile and says "Please, relax and take a seat".

He then keys his comm and says "My Lady, the guests are aboard".

* The Domain of Foix is a collection of core worlds and extensive business interests controlled by local (non Imperial) nobility in this section of the Rift.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He then keys his comm and says "My Lady, the guests are aboard".
"Very well," Vee replies.

OOG: Waiting for Harper's player to respond before I continue...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Harper is in NPC mode now as shaidar left the game - and so the floor is yours!)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Harper is in NPC mode now as shaidar left the game - and so the floor is yours!)
Okay, then ;-)

"We will be ready to fly when they are seated," Vee says over the cabin intercom so the newcomers can hear her, as well.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#168 Post by Faanku »

Though uncomfortable being unarmed in an unfamiliar ship, Nathan has been in enough hostile situations to recognise a favourable one. His older vaccsuit is stripped to the waist, and he quickly finds a comfortable seat in which to sit. "Lady Foix, huh? Can't say I was expecting nobility this far outside civilisation, but they do have a tendency to surprise, eh?" He winks at Grimaud and looks around the room in cautious nonchalance. "What's the word from your team inside?"

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud gives a wry smile "Well, I can say my service to the House so far has been full of surprises!" He ensures Nathan and Taheri both have water and offers a choice of rations or energy bars to eat while advising "Lady Anevey is indeed a Lady of the House but also a Knight of the Domain - their duties are a little more militant. She would greet you herself but is piloting this craft. I will enquire as to any news". Again Grimaud keys his comm and asks "My Lady, all are now comfortably seated for flight operations. Is there any update from the Temple to share with our guests?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Again Grimaud keys his comm and asks "My Lady, all are now comfortably seated for flight operations. Is there any update from the Temple to share with our guests?"
"I will ask," Vee responds as she applies power to the lifters and pilots the shuttle high enough to clear the local terrain. With Harper's guidance at the sensors, she brings the shuttle around on a course that will take them as close to the site as she dares bring them. "Lord Foix, we are airborne with two passengers. They wish to know of you've seen anything of their compatriots."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by ffilz »

Ok, now we should pause while I handle stuff inside the ruins. I hope to have an update tomorrow.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#172 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

Hello. My name is Commander Ayanda Taheri, formerly of the Imperial Navy. She indicates that Nathan should introduce himself, as whatever he thinks is appropriate.

Thank you. My crew member and I are grateful to all of you for picking us up. The air/raft suffered two major system failures: The grav system and comms both went out. We were hiking down closer to the temple, hoping to find our team.

She can be very polite when necessary, but equipment failure tends to piss her off.
SpinwardMarch

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: "Lord Foix, we are airborne with two passengers. They wish to know of you've seen anything of their compatriots."
Foix replies “Please send my compliments to their mission leader and enquire if they are able to assist us in the temple. We have an indication on four possible contacts likely to be their missing comrades. If they are able to help then return to the original LZ and hold there. Squee is at the temple entrance and will guide them to us once you are on the ground”.

(OOC: Noting the GM's cue to pause I'm adding dialogue not action! :) )

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Goin' Underground (by The Jam).

Anything through the left hand doors?

I suggest we have a tenuous (at best) LOS/comms link back up the ramp and main corridor to Squee.
At the moment, you have a workable comms link back up the ramp to Squee.

You open the door to a chanmber roughly 6 meters across, 10.5 meters wide, all three doors on the left seem to enter the chamber. On the walls on either side are tapestries. The tapestry on the right wall (farthest from the entrance) depicts daily life of a canine sophont (the Vargr), the tapestry on the left depicts various rituals of the Vargr. There's a lot to take in and analyze. A single Vargr is in the room, apparently exploring it. The Vargr is armed with a bow and a spear and armor that likely counts as jack. The Vargr is startled by your entrance. Around the neck, it wears a necklace of spider mandibles.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Tiglath »

As Sara unlatches the door and then moves back in the action of opening it Foix steps across the threshold and into the room. Instinctively his autorifle centres on the Vargr as he checks his peripheral vision (corners and ceiling) for other threats.

On the tactical channel Foix sends “Well, this must be a Vargr - but how?”

His immediate tactical appreciation of the scene prompts him to add “ ... and wearing no vacc suit. Environment check!”

He takes another pace forward to clear the doorway and stops. Confident that he has the tactical advantage over the low tech Vargr he lowers his weapon from the aim (but not enough to compromise a snap shot).

Foix addresses the alien “Vargr, I am Foix” and waits its response.

The Vargr will see a large armed sophont utterly confident in its ability to defeat it in combat but apparently willing to attempt communication.

(OOC: Foix is (probably unconsciously - due to hardwired "noble" DNA and also because he can't help himself :roll: :) ) using his natural Social Standing (13) plus his Leadership (2) skill to pump up his appearance as an “alpha male” to the max.

Also the “barbarian” Vargr is clearly not wearing a vacc suit. Do we need them inside the temple???)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix replies “Please send my compliments to their mission leader and enquire if they are able to assist us in the temple. We have an indication on four possible contacts likely to be their missing comrades. If they are able to help then return to the original LZ and hold there. Squee is at the temple entrance and will guide them to us once you are on the ground”.
"Stand by one." Vee switches back to the intercom system. "Our mission commander is in the building. He says there are four contacts that may be your people. He also asks if you are able to help our ground team."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#177 Post by Ramona »

Ana looks at Sara and rolls her eyes, she sticks her tongue out and pokes her helmet a couple times as though she’s trying to lick it. Ana frowns before she holds her finger up, “Weathers changing boss, looks like there is a storm a brewing.

She sighs and pokes the atmospheric reader on her wrist to pull up a read out. “You know, you could just pull off your helmet. If you die, air is bad, if you die slowly, air is not quite so bad.

Ana watches the meter get a reading and recites it back.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#178 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

We would be happy to assist you, Lady Anevey . What the situation on the ground? She is taking in the surroundings and contemplating what to do.
SpinwardMarch

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#179 Post by Faanku »

Nathan looks a little less enthusiastic to venture into certain danger than his colleague. "Not that I'm not here to help, but I signed up for a piloting gig; I'm no soldier, Taheri."

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud effortlessly breaks from “professionally hovering” to very politely and efficiently collecting up any waste from food or drinks the new arrivals may have consumed. He says to Nathan “M’sieu, in the company of the Comte it is possible to find yourself doing the most unlikely things! I too am no soldier and yet, for now, I am proud to be Lady Anevay’s bodyguard and I will protect her with my life! If you wish to come to the Comte's notice then my advice is to go inside”.

Politely including Commander Taheri in his reply he adds with a nervous smile “Again, while I am no soldier the Comte most definitely is – he was a General of La Légion. He also has General Jones with him - who is entirely frightening … er … formidable! So I believe you should be quite safe. Although, Commander, you appear to be well equipped to look to your own defence”.

(OOC: La Légion étrangère / The Legion are a local (i.e. non Imperial) military force parts of which would be rated as elite. They have a solid reputation as effective if somewhat ruthless troops. As the Imperium’s military presence in the Rift wanes and local tensions rise they are increasingly used as a “fire brigade” being deployed from one military flashpoint to the next.

Their most recent large scale deployment was the defence of Hessia against local revolutionary forces).

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”