CharGen Chatter

Antman9
Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: CharGen Chatter

#41 Post by Gerrin »

I'm good for being an RPG group and I think trying to gather would be an interesting and dangerous way to start :)
Trying to finish my character, will post as soon as he's done

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Sounds good. I haven't had a chance to really look at the area at all so will just go with whatever. Illinois is out for sure.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#43 Post by OGRE MAGE »

We have a 3 letter term for Illinois folk up here in Sconny. :mrgreen:

I like those middle of the night ideas best.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Antman9 »

Great responses everyone :)
I'll take the Illinois option off the table then, unless someone wants that as their home.

Wolfpack, I have you down for Ballwin, MO & in-game DM/GM ;)

Thanks Gerrin, Rex, and OGRE MAGE

I'm working on the Outbreak Level 0 post now (for the starting session). I'll try to get it posted before my flight leaves this afternoon.

I'll go through everyone's posts and tally the votes and responses, and make a compilation post no later than Tuesday evening on that. If I have internet this weekend I'll make some posts, otherwise have a good weekend everyone. :D
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Antman9 »

Also...OGRE MAGE

Love your Avatar!
Iron Maiden is one of my all time favs. Perhaps He'll make an appearance in this game ;) :lol: That would be weird!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Not sure how close we are trying to get on our homes. Not sure if we are doing it by value or size or what. I have no clue what mine is worth since I have been in it for 16 years. 24x32 foot colonial (s story) with a finished basement and attached 22x22 garage on 10.5 acres. Mostly forest, except about an acre around the house. In the woods out back I have a 50 yard range and an improvised natural shelter/fire pit I built as practice (just big enough for 1 person to get out of the weather.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by wolfpack »

ok downloaded your sheet and updated. think there are some dice rolls needed however. are you rolling those?
Attachments
Outbreak_Undead_2E_Char_Sheet-Todd.xlsx
(603.05 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Antman9 »

Rex wrote:Not sure how close we are trying to get on our homes. Not sure if we are doing it by value or size or what. I have no clue what mine is worth since I have been in it for 16 years. 24x32 foot colonial (s story) with a finished basement and attached 22x22 garage on 10.5 acres. Mostly forest, except about an acre around the house. In the woods out back I have a 50 yard range and an improvised natural shelter/fire pit I built as practice (just big enough for 1 person to get out of the weather.
Basically just want you to choose a location that mimics where you live now, then you would pretend it's your RL home/plot. With the info you've given I can choose a local around STL based on that. If you have additional info/requirements shoot them my way. It may assist me with choosing a location.

For Everyone - Info like what Rex provided might help in the Outbreak Scenario as we get started. That way I/We All have an idea of what your RL Home resources are. If you feel comfortable sharing that is. I doubt anyone will hold it against you if not. :)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Antman9 »

wolfpack wrote:ok downloaded your sheet and updated. think there are some dice rolls needed however. are you rolling those?
Thank you sir. I have downloaded and will check it out when I get a chance. I'm allowing everyone to do their own rolling, but will roll for folks if they want me to. :D

The Skills have Unsupported, Supported, and Specialized dice rolls associated with them.

If you have an Ability with a Supported Skill (you can use the spreadsheet I provided or the online SPEW-AI worksheet to see these) then you use the Supported Dice roll, otherwise you'll roll as Unsupported.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#50 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Antman9 wrote:Also...OGRE MAGE

Love your Avatar!
Iron Maiden is one of my all time favs. Perhaps He'll make an appearance in this game ;) :lol: That would be weird!
Oh yes! Lets go through the entire life of Eddie, from the first self titled album right up till Brave New World. :mrgreen:

My all time favorite metal band. I will be seeing them again in August in the twin cities. \m/ \m/

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

I live in a suburb on a double lot (1/2 acre) in a 1500 ft cape code with 2 bedrooms and a finished basement. back yard has privacy fence and above ground pool, attached 2 car garage, and detached 1 car garage in back.

I also have a small garden in back with 2 8x3 raised garden beds
Last edited by wolfpack on Fri May 24, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by wolfpack »

Antman9 wrote:
wolfpack wrote:ok downloaded your sheet and updated. think there are some dice rolls needed however. are you rolling those?
Thank you sir. I have downloaded and will check it out when I get a chance. I'm allowing everyone to do their own rolling, but will roll for folks if they want me to. :D

The Skills have Unsupported, Supported, and Specialized dice rolls associated with them.

If you have an Ability with a Supported Skill (you can use the spreadsheet I provided or the online SPEW-AI worksheet to see these) then you use the Supported Dice roll, otherwise you'll roll as Unsupported.

You can just roll for me.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rex »

I am an awful roller with the dice roller so you can roll for me as well. If I get a few minutes I may look at my skills again. I don't have composure, which I should and nothing for butchering or off-roading.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Monsieur Rose »

How are we doing languages? I've seen a few different ways. Actually, how about bows and crossbows as well? Some places they are normal abilities, some places they are that special gestalt ability.

Personally, I prefer just making them simple abilities, just like anything else.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by wolfpack »

I see no skills for forging, hunting/fishing, or trapping. I have both under ability but no actual skill

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#56 Post by Scott308 »

wolfpack wrote:I see no skills for forging
Forging or foraging? :lol:
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by wolfpack »

Scott308 wrote:
wolfpack wrote:I see no skills for forging
Forging or foraging? :lol:
forging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuk7Lw_uV5s

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Antman9 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:How are we doing languages? I've seen a few different ways. Actually, how about bows and crossbows as well? Some places they are normal abilities, some places they are that special gestalt ability.

Personally, I prefer just making them simple abilities, just like anything else.
Whatever languages you know in RL, your character will know in-game.
As for the Bows/Crossbows, I'll explain that in more detail in another post. Once I finalize the char sheet I'll explain how I house-ruled to simplify a few things.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Antman9 »

wolfpack wrote:I see no skills for forging, hunting/fishing, or trapping. I have both under ability but no actual skill
I was thinking about that too wolfpack, along with Leatherworking and a few others.

We'll add them as we move forward. I'll be going through everyone's life experiences this week and adding skills/abilities/career experiences as needed. Once I flush out the character sheet and finalize house rules (next 24 hrs) it will be easier to address some of these things. So for now, make sure you have all skills/abilities, and levels of experience (number of years, etc) on your life experiences list. That will make it easier for me to address the gaps. How does that sound?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rex »

Sounds good to me.

Return to “HeliXSwitch Initiative (Outbreak: Undead 2E)”