#101 Post by spanningtree »

They are both lawful good.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Unspoken Words (OOC)

#102 Post by redwarrior »

Ok, that puts it in a different light. I'm now strongly in support of checking out what's behind the door. Phil stands the best chance of being able to bash it in. Saxony, Moony, and Allan could pile into the room, hopefully we are not overwhelmed and we find the source of the aura and destroy it?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by spanningtree »

Just grasping at thin air but maybe the "small iron box locked" has something of use in it?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by redwarrior »

I agree, it's worth looking into. Who is carrying it? Ruthgar? At the very least, I'm hoping we can use it to control the emanations from the gem, assuming we can't destroy it. It seems to go through the door, but maybe enclosing it? Did we actually try to open it? If not, suggest we hand it off to Allen to fiddle with while we fight the undead.

Also, not sure what this leader undead is, but he might respond to some holy water in his face?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Stirling »

Sorry for recent sporadic posting. I work as a lecturer in Leicester Uni and also invigilate over exams which are all up in the air due to the corona virus affecting students.

I also know Kris (Spearmint ) in in hospital isolation as he fights a lymphoma and is kept away from possible infection as this could threaten him fatally. He is doing well though.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by wolfpack »

I understand anyone affected by this. My wife an i are both high risk so the whole thing is freighting. if people need to be away for an extended period thats fine. they cna reenter the game when the hopefully make it back to posting normal.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by redwarrior »

I really think we should check the box from the cleric's room. It would seem reasonable that he would have some means of controlling the effect of the gem. I also seem to recall that the cleric's writing talked about 2 stones - might the other stone be in the box?

Failing that, we can try to destroy it - Maybe a bless spell? Holy water?
I'd be open to physically attacking it, but I expect it would fail without a significant magic item.

We could lock it in the lead coffin, but we don't know if it works like Kryptonite. Though I suppose we could watch Ruthgar and Sandy and figure it out...
One other alternative would be to toss it in the middle of the zombie room - that should make it safe from being randomly stumbled upon, as long as it's not sentient with the ability to either control undead directly or call evil creatures to it. Then, after we return and re-kill the zombies, we can deal with it

I'm thinking taking it with us is probably a bad idea. Sandy and Ruthgar would need to travel somewhat separate - which is just asking for it..

Thoughts?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Storm11 »

[1d10] = 5 : [1d10] = 2 : [1d10] = 2

Rolled spells results. 5 is light on the offensive list (thank the lords it wasn’t push) and 2 each for the others was Dancing Lights and Detect Magic along with Read Magic.
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by wolfpack »

Storm11 wrote:[1d10] = 5 : [1d10] = 2 : [1d10] = 2

Rolled spells results. 5 is light on the offensive list (thank the lords it wasn’t push) and 2 each for the others was Dancing Lights and Detect Magic along with Read Magic.

ok

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by wolfpack »

monster and treasure posts updated

Return to “Times of Antiquity Campaign (1e)”