The Action Thread

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Action Thread

#381 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Pol rushes up to Ull, just missing grabbing the Amethyst before Ull picks it up. He skids to a halt and stands there, gazing at the ginourmous jewel and panting from the exertion. After a moment he says"...um ... The Dark Ones said I should carry that... I asked them just now and they said for sure I should carry it...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#382 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket looks to where his amethyst came from, maybe more are coming for his brothers.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by max_vale »

Lipput shakes his head at Pol's scheming to get his hands on the gem and his other brother's glance to see if more jewels were coming.

Speaking up he says; "Youse can take turns holding it...but we's gots to keep looking for dat crystal thing for the wizard or we might be stuck down here forevers".

With that; the half-orc warrior-thief will carefully shift through the refuse; looking for anything ELSE shiny, glass or crystal like....

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by onlyme »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Pol rushes up to Ull, just missing grabbing the Amethyst before Ull picks it up. He skids to a halt and stands there, gazing at the ginourmous jewel and panting from the exertion. After a moment he says"...um ... The Dark Ones said I should carry that... I asked them just now and they said for sure I should carry it...
Ull laughs. If that is what they said, then why'd they roll it right to my feet, huh? this is simply a fair exchange for the amount of wine I had to spill to find it.

is this something he can strap to his back? or does he need to use both hands to hold it?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#385 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 2, Turn 4 - The Grand Pipe/Near the Rubbish Pile

Several of the brothers spend some time going through the rubbish pile hoping to find other valuables. Alas, there is nothing comparable in value to the huge gem, but the pile does contain other items: a head-sized blob of gum arabic, lots of enormous broken shells of walnuts and eggs, a bone comb the size of a garden gate, a piece of sealing wax the size of a human torso, several very large toothpicks that look more as javelins, the stub of a candle as large a man, a huge chicken feather, about 10 feet of rope and a spatula the size of an oar.

onlyme wrote:is this something he can strap to his back? or does he need to use both hands to hold it?
It is about the size of a soccer ball, but heavier of course. It would fit into a normal-sized backpack or sack.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by onlyme »

After the brothers scan the pile, and Ull packs his gem into his backpack, he will call out.
See guys, we all got something. Onn, there is an oar for you. Lipput, your rope. Theket can have that wax seal. Pol, the comb. I have that purple thing. Every one is happy. Now, let's go find that lens.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#387 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket steps into a shadow and looks to the west, peering to see what he can in that direction.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#388 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 2, Turn 4 - The Grand Pipe/Near the Rubbish Pile

There ain't no cardinal directions in this module, there's only a pipe. :)

All can see pretty much the same to either direction of the grand pipe...a pipe loosing itself in the distance. A thin rivulet of brackish water flows languidly from one direction to the other (into the direction the brothers had been traveling from on the thinner pipes above).

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Day 2, Turn 4 - The Grand Pipe/Near the Rubbish Pile

There ain't no cardinal directions in this module, there's only a pipe. :)

All can see pretty much the same to either direction of the grand pipe...a pipe loosing itself in the distance. A thin rivulet of brackish water flows languidly from one direction to the other (into the direction the brothers had been traveling from on the thinner pipes above).

Ull will adjust his gear, and head toward the same direction as the water. figure the lens might have floated that way.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#390 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket grabs the 10 feet of rope and a couple of toothpick javelins before heading off following the stream as well.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#391 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 2, Turn 5 - The Grand Pipe/The Trapped Troll

Musical Theme: Deeper and Deeper

The brothers make their way down the pipe following the flow of the rivulet. Soon the tilt of the pipe increases, and while not sufficient to hamper the journey it is clear they are slowly, slowly descending into the depths of the earth.

A horrid scratching, breathing noise is coming from somewhere further down...whatever is making the ruckus must be immense! The scratching and heavy breathing become louder and louder as the party advances...then the maker of noise finally comes into sight.

The opening of a smaller pipe joins the main one here, on the right side from where the brothers are facing. A monumental, green warty nose spans almost the width of the pipe and five gigantic fingers desperately scrape the wall. A strong unpleasant stench hangs in the air. With a grin, the brothers recognize the creature - a troll, surely a source of fun. It seem the creature, the size of a titan for all the half-orcs care - just its nose is bigger than any of them - has got its head and hands stuck in the pipe opening and is in dire straights to set itself free.

Ignore the white circular hole. That is just a folder hole on the adventure sheet that was passed into the scan.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote: Image

Ignore the white circular hole. That is just a folder hole on the adventure sheet that was passed into the scan.

I dunno. It looks like a missing lens to me...

Ull sees the stuck troll and asks his brothers. Uhh, ideas here? Maybe he can help us scratch our backs if we scratches his. Or maybe we run him through? What to do. What to do...

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by ChubbyPixie »

onlyme wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote: Image

I dunno. It looks like a missing lens to me...

Ull sees the stuck troll and asks his brothers. Uhh, ideas here? Maybe he can help us scratch our backs if we scratches his. Or maybe we run him through? What to do. What to do...
"How could he help us? He ain't got the lens, do he?" Says Pol. "Maybe he ate it?" pol will stand on his toes and try to get a look in the troll's mouth. Without actually touching it.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by max_vale »

Lipput will reach out and yank his brother back from the Troll's mouth. "Watch it...if he's been stuck for awhile; he might try and eats you....as for helping him...I say we just leaves him be....maybe he's got a beef with the wizard, who knows....anyway it ain't none of our business....let's just try and find da lens."

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#395 Post by Vargr1105 »

As Lipput draws Pol back the trapped troll notices the movement and his eyes (but not his head really, it is too jammed in to allow much movement) dart in their direction. The thing speaks and its voice *booms* out like the very bells of doom.

"Oi!? Whoze there? Huuu...tinny little orcses. Come ta help Trootz outta here? Good! Gooood! Tiny orcses will chop up Trootz noses? Chop Trootz noses, pulease?..."

Note: In case the description wasn't clear, this thing is *immense*, larger than a Titan from the brother's perpective. It's long nose alone is bigger than any half-orc and is only 2 feet short of scrapping the opposite side of the wall.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#396 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket, Bestest Half-Orc Brother

"Chop up yer nose? How?"
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by onlyme »

NJWilliam wrote:Theket, Bestest Half-Orc Brother

"Chop up yer nose? How?"
Ull shakes his head... Theket. Use a sword, and do as he say...

Seriously... Think we can go around him, safely? or shall we turn back and check on the other pathway? though the lens should be this direction due to water flow...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#398 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket, Bestest Half-Orc Brother

Theket looks at Ull, says "Oh," and then draws his scimitar, Blacktooth, waves it around, and says, "Okay, I kin chop yer nose wit Blacktooth, but what you got for me fer doin it?"
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by onlyme »

Ull shakes his head once more, but with a bit more purpose than the usual nonverbal communication he uses with Theket. Brother... I think :idea: we need to help him out. Let's move to the other side and see what we can use for leverage. ;)

that may be the first time I ever could work those stupid faces into a dialog...

with that Ull will attempt to move to the other side of tootz.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#400 Post by Vargr1105 »

As Ull walks and passes in front of the gigantic troll its eyes widen and a strange expression takes hold of his face.

"Ooohhhh...MUNCHIES!" he bellows.

Opening its cavernous mouth Trootz extends its long tongue like a whip or tentacle lashing at the passing half-orc. Sadly (or fortunately depending on the point of view) the oral organ isn't quite long enough to reach the moving morsel. In eager despair Trootz says something even as his tongue is a-probing and a-lashing which sounds unintelligible.

Return to “IM15 Round the Bend”