Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Action Thread

#342 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 2, Turn 3 - The Grand Pipe/Near the Rubbish Pile

Lipput scans around but sees no hint of movement or any immanent threat. Meanwhile Pol calls upon the wisdom of the Dark Ones and with bewitched sight likewise looks all around him. He detects no traps at all in the vicinity up to 30ft. Oddly, the region where Ull is stuck to the amber substance on the floor does not identify as a trap either.

Pol will be able to automatically spot traps for the next 5 turns.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by ChubbyPixie »

NJWilliam wrote:Theket sort of whispers, "I gots a gourd fills that slippery stuff."
"The Dark Ones aren't showing me nothing! Probably because of sumpthin you guys did that offended them..." says Pol, frustrated. He pauses for a second thinking hard."Theket, maybe you should try pouring a bit of that blue slime juice on Ull's boots... to unstick him..." Pols sounds authoritative while managing to look utterly unsure of his own suggestion.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by onlyme »

Ull listens to the idea with bewilderment... "So he pour the oil around me boots, and then get a running jump, and knock me into the shiny thing?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#345 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket gets out his gourd of blue slime and sniffs at it a bit.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#346 Post by Vargr1105 »

When Theket uncorks the gourd a beautiful cherenkov-blue glow emanates from inside. While nowhere near luminous as a torch it is still sufficiently so to ruin his orcish infravision. The contents smell oily and fruity, not unlike some potions he has tasted before.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by ChubbyPixie »

onlyme wrote:Ull listens to the idea with bewilderment... "So he pour the oil around me boots, and then get a running jump, and knock me into the shiny thing?
"...Um... do you think that would work?" Pol asks hesitantly.

ooc: Can Pol smell the liquid when Theket opens it? I'm guessing (thanks to DM hints?) that it's the remnants of a potion that the wizard spilled down the drain. Maybe what caused the worm to grow? DRINK IT!!!

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#349 Post by NJWilliam »

Vargr1105 wrote:Day 2, Turn 3 - The Grand Pipe/Near the Rubbish Pile

When Theket uncorks the gourd a beautiful cherenkov-blue glow emanates from inside. While nowhere near luminous as a torch it is still sufficiently so to ruin his orcish infravision. The contents smell oily and fruity, not unlike some potions he has tasted before.
Theket blinks twice and says, "Where'd ya scaredy cats go?"

As he gets a smell of the gourd, his eyes grow large, "My gourd made this stuff good!" and he takes a large sip, inhaling deeply of the fruity aroma.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by onlyme »

ChubbyPixie wrote:
onlyme wrote:Ull listens to the idea with bewilderment... "So he pour the oil around me boots, and then get a running jump, and knock me into the shiny thing?

ooc: Can Pol smell the liquid when Theket opens it? I'm guessing (thanks to DM hints?) that it's the remnants of a potion that the wizard spilled down the drain. Maybe what caused the worm to grow? DRINK IT!!!

what worm grew? they are all normal size, just large compared to us???
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by ChubbyPixie »

onlyme wrote:
ChubbyPixie wrote:

what worm grew? they are all normal size, just large compared to us???
Well, maybe it was a really tiny worm at first... :)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#352 Post by Vargr1105 »

Theket takes the gourd to his lips and guzzles on the odd blue substance. All see an illuminating blue blow streaming from his mouth as if a brilliant candle was shinning from somewhere in his insides as he drinks deeply.

The fluid doesn't taste all that good compared to some of the fruit juices and other...fermented juices he has sampled in the past. Still, it ain't that bad either. And does go down fast, remarkably fast! There something remarkably odd about the apparent oily looks of the drink and its true consistency.

After his gulping experiment Theket does not feel any different, and neither do his brothers notice any external effects except radiant bits of blue luminosity around his mouth, where droplets of the drink still remain.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by max_vale »

Lipput's eyes widen at the sight of his brother; now somewhat glowing blue; and shakes his head and says; "Well...I hopes you don't explode into a mess of blue goo...."

Upon Pol saying that he didn't detect any traps; Lipput cautiously moves towards the shining object; keeping his head on a swivel and looking up, down, front, back, side to side, etc. He was feeling uneasy....and not just because his brother was glowing in the dark....

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#354 Post by Vargr1105 »

Lipput scans the rubbish pile attentively. He can discern several objects on it, a head-sized blob of gum arabic, lots of enormous broken shells of walnuts and eggs, a bone comb the size of a hedge gate, a piece of sealing wax the size of his torso, several very large toothpicks that look more as javelins, the stub of a candle as large a man, a huge chicken feather, about 10 feet of rope (string?) and a spatula the size of an oar. The glinting object, whatever it is, seems to be in the middle of the rubbish somewhere near its top and he cannot tell any details.

Meanwhile, Ull is still stuck to the floor.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by onlyme »

Ull starts to get a bit nervous...
"Umm brothers, any ideas how to get me outa here? I need to keep my boots on, I would think. How about pouring some of that near me"
He also looks around for anything he might could grab onto.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#356 Post by NJWilliam »

Theket approaches where he hears his brother Ull's voice coming from and gingerly pours some of his precious blue glow grog around his brother's nearest foot.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#357 Post by Vargr1105 »

Theket applies the blue fluid as best he can at the base of one of Ull's feet. The effects are immediate, Ull begins to feel the edged of the sole of one boot becoming un-sticky and as he pulls and twists his lower limb the foot begins to loosen...much like a stubborn tooth being pulled out.

In no time he manages to get one foot free and is about to set it down where the floor isn't covered by the amberish substance when...

PM Sent.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by onlyme »

Theket applies the blue fluid as best he can at the base of one of Ull's feet. The effects are immediate, Ull begins to feel the edged of the sole of one boot becoming un-sticky and as he pulls and twists his lower limb the foot begins to loosen...much like a stubborn tooth being pulled out.

In no time he manages to get one foot free and is about to set it down where the floor isn't covered by the amberish substance when...

PM Sent.

I take this to mean PM sent to Ull. If so, he can't read.... it.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#359 Post by NJWilliam »

PM Sent.
Theket's eyes open wider and wider and wider, a pained look overcomes his face as his ridiculous eyes make him look like a half-orc bug.
He pushes the gourd of blue glow grog into Ull's hands, and with his hands now freed he pulls down his breeches as he urgently looks about and then dashes a few yards to the left (to the extent he can dash with his breeches around his knees), turns, and squats.
His pained expression subsides as the sounds of exploding bowels echos through the pipe.
He shouting something again and again, whatever he is trying to say is completely drowned by the bellowing bursts from his half-orc nether region, and the only evidence of his shouting is his mouth and lips moving.
Each time Theket opens his mouth to shout, he loses control of his bowels yet again.
This continues for an impressively long time, even by half-orc standards.

Finally, hands leaning heavily on his knees, he looks up and says, "Don't drink dat, . . . . is potion of stinking cloud."
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by onlyme »

Ull just shakes his head at whatever is left of Theket. Umm, ok brother. And uhhh, you better? He then gets down to applying a bit more of this magical solution on the sticky stuff to free his other boot.

Return to “IM15 Round the Bend”