Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Expedition: Anforthas/Hunting the Wolfwere - 01 Oct 2021

#1 Post by Stirling »

Roster:
  • Bremen, Lord Commander
  • Anforthas, Squire to Bremen
  • Father Clauson, Cleric of Baudhil (NPC)
  • Lug, Ranger of Beith
  • Baxtaw, Elven Adventurer
Bremen: Hunting the Wolfwere. 1st October 2021

Bremen gathers his hunting party together at the Dining Hall The assembled characters and knights take a moment of silence, standing in memory of fallen brothers, slain mercilessly by this fiendish beast.

Father Clauson sounds the obituary "Amen" and leads the prayer of grace as a hearty breakfast is served. A space on the tower wall scrubbed clean in anticipation of a wolfskin hanging as another trophy. The breakfast continue as final plans and tactics are explained.

having been asked to GM this section, I hope to challenge and provoke the players in an entertaining expedition.
Last edited by Stirling on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Bremen/Hunting the Wolf-were. 1st Oct 2021

#2 Post by Marullus »

01 October 2021
The day begins dreary, damp, and cold, fall fading swiftly to winter. It is completely overcast and drizzly in the morning, turning into a soaking downpour which lasts all afternoon. The day begins at 57 degrees and never gets appreciably warmer.

With the equinox past, the days now dive into darkness, heading towards the winter solstice with less than 12 hours of light in a day. By the end of November, the freezing temperatures will arrive and last through the winter. The farmers of Gaul speak of the long nights with no small amount of fear - by late December, the sun will crest the horizon for less than seven hours with the dimness of twilight only slightly longer - pitch darkness will reign over 12 hours each day and the farmers huddle inside against what roams at those times.

Sunrise: 7:14am, Sunset: 6:49pm
Moon: Quarter moon waxing, moonrise 1:11pm, moonset 8:27pm

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Bremen/Hunting the Wolfwere - 01 Oct 2021

#3 Post by Karaunios »

Anforthas stands at the ready in the Dining Hall getting everything ready for the expedition, taking care of the horses and cleaning the armours, fulfulling his duty as a squire and eager to lend his sword in the quest.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Enters the dining hall. Looking for Bremen. Lord Bremen I hear we may be in need of horses on this journey. I would like to purchase one.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

"Man, it's getting nippy out there!" says Lug, glad to have his dire wolf cloak.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote:Rusty Tincanne asked me to let folks know he has a family emergency and will be offline for a brief hold until it resolves. He intends to return as soon as he can and remains excited to play/GM things. Please keep him and his family in your prayers and thoughts.
This thread will hold it's launch until his return.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Karaunios »

Send to him our best wishes.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Marullus »

If someone besides Bremen wants to lead this, I am okay with it. Lug? Anforthas? Baxtaw? It looks like Casper White is interested in joining too?

Stirling has been ready to run it; that precludes Foxy from going. Bremen can be precluded from adventures but still send some supporting NPCs at the group's request. Thoughts?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zhym »

Having Lug lead an expedition would sure make things...interesting. But I'm happy to do it to get things moving if you don't think Rusty will be back soon. Have you heard anything from him?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Marullus »

Unfortunately no word from Rusty at all.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Zhym »

Damn. That sucks.

So, yeah, we probably shouldn't wait on him. Like I said, Lug will lead if necessary, but he's better at following. Or semi-following, anyway. It's a much better role for an impulsive agent of chaos like Lug. If Anforthas or Baxtaw want to lead, that works for me. If not, maybe we'll see if Lug's leadership skills have grown since his disastrous effort in Keehnelf's game.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by hedgeknight »

Currently, Casper and Foxy and discussing business in her tent, but Casper would love to be on this quest...especially with Baxtaw in the group. ;) Is it possible for him to join up after he and Foxy meet with the sage...or does that screw up the timeline too much?
Winter is coming...

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Stirling »

The Fall Festival begins on 23rd Sept and I believe runs for a weekend (or until 29th) which leaves a couple of days for Casper to visit Gaul and return in time for joining Wolfwere hunt.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw is willing to let Lug lead the expidition. Lets get this adventure rolling. How many are in our group?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Marullus »

No problem with the timelines. This will adjust and kick off 08 October (current game clock).

If Lug doesn't like leadership and Baxtaw is willing to defer, I think the best IC choice is for Bremen to put Anforthas in charge so he can prove himself. He is the lowest level as a Frontline fighter, but the RP of leadership is totally different. Final choice is between Baldoroar and Foxy. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Zhym »

Lug would be okay with Anforthas as leader. He's less sure about Foxy, from what he's heard of her exploits. ;)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Stirling »

Foxy is not going on this trip, she has already met the Wolfwere once and has other notable concerns than chasing it around the plains. (Stirling DM'ing also rules his character out remember!).

I think Bremen would defer in his absence the expedition leadership to 'tried and trusted colleagues' so principally one of those who accompanied him to Scatha's lair, Baxtaw or Lug. A new squire appointed to lead would not work I think in the context of other npc's following.

As the DM I am just finalising all in character knowledge of the area and background info. I will update the preparation scene shortly.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Stirling »

October 8th 2021. White Tower dining hall. Sunrise 7.35am.

Bremen, Lord Commander remains absent along with Dirk Bronson his aide. Other issues, more important than hunting a 'wolfwere' have begun to occupy his attention. Reluctant at this time to leave the stronghold but insistent that the hunt does get underway to avenge the death of his men and restore confidence in his ability to lead, Bremen L&C, appoints the duty to Lug or Baxtaw to 'seek and destroy the Beast'. 

Lug, Ranger of Beith
Father Clauson, Cleric of Baudhil (NPC)
Anforthas, Squire to Bremen
Baxtaw, Elven Adventurer
Casper, Cleric of Gwanwen. 

are the current roster. He will send along three NPC's, to assist his previous allies, Clauson, Baxtaw and Lug. These three men are recent graduates and part of the contingent of loyal workers and devotees at the White Tower. 

Gregor: Chainmail, shield, longsword, mace, lance.
Davidas: Chainmail, shield, longsword, axe, lance.
Jaime: Studded leather, short bow, javelins x 4, short sword.

Between them they carry rations for two weeks, normal expeditionary supplies, two four man tents and a large net and set of manacles should the 'Wolfwere' be made captive. They ride on horses which have battle familiarity training. Though they look young and inexperienced they seem to have a determination to follow and obey orders, eager to prove their worth. They buckle on newly sewn cloaks which bear the motif of the White Tower, black velvet hooded capes with a scarlet fringe and emblazoned with a white 'chess piece' type castle in a golden Baudhic sun circle.

A week on from the last hunts premature ending, Father Clauson gives another "Amen" though this leaving is more austere and spartan. A raised glass of blood red wine lifted in remembrance and a solemn vow from the Baudhic among you echoes around the dimly lit hall. The wind gusts brown dead leaves against the rain spattered windows and horses neigh impatiently in the courtyards.

Okay guys lets get this rolling. Give me an action for your character. Any final questions, discussions or tactics.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Karaunios »

Sorry I was away. Since things were a bit blocked around here, I didn't visit the boards as often as usual. But now I'm back and can post on a daily basis (and I'm excited to!).

If it's late for Anforthas to lead the expedition I can accept that. If there's still time, well, I'd be glad to oblige! Just hope I'll be up to the task.

I've to point out too that part of my absence was due to having posted on the Harvest Festival that Anforthas was looking for volunteers to join the quest but didn't get any feedback.

Anyway, I'll read tomorrow morning and give a proper IC answer then (Central European Time Zone).

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Karaunios »

Actually, I can't post Anforthas actions until I know it's too late for him or not to lead the expedition, as he wasn't mentioned by Lord Bremen in Stirling's last post as leader of the troop. But, again, if there's any update regarding this subject or it remains the same, I'll accept that!

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”