OOC Combat

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Combat

#41 Post by ragnboneshopper »

I don't remember adding dex mods to initiative rolls in 2e, but maybe that's a 2.5e thing? I can't find anything on it and just wondering if I'm doing it right. Ag's dex is 16, with an aim of 16 and a balance of 12, but I don't see that either aim or balance mods initiative. I only see a mod to reaction for surprise purposes...

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by grey_starr »

ragnboneshopper wrote:I don't remember adding dex mods to initiative rolls in 2e, but maybe that's a 2.5e thing? I can't find anything on it and just wondering if I'm doing it right. Ag's dex is 16, with an aim of 16 and a balance of 12, but I don't see that either aim or balance mods initiative. I only see a mod to reaction for surprise purposes...
Dex has always been added (in 2E) to missile attacks. To hit only... Missile attack adjustment.

In Players Options (2.5) it's Missile Adjustment under "Aim"... so 16 Aim gives a +1 to hit. Balance provides your Reaction Adj... so a 12 Bal provides +0 initiative adjustment.

http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/
Under "Player's Option: Skills and Powers" (3rd from the bottom)... Chapter 2: Ability Scores... Dexterity, Aim, Balance
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by Stonjuz »

[quote="NJWilliam"]Branc, (HP 6/15)
Is he still at melee with them, he was retreating from them last round and they are blind.

Branc was able to step away on his inititative, towards F4?
F12 was able to blindly swing before Branc stepped away.
F9 & F10 were not allowed saving throws and were knocked out prone

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by NJWilliam »

Stonjuz wrote:
NJWilliam wrote:Branc, (HP 6/15)
Is he still at melee with them, he was retreating from them last round and they are blind.

Branc was able to step away on his inititative, towards F4?
F12 was able to blindly swing before Branc stepped away.
F9 & F10 were not allowed saving throws and were knocked out prone
Thanks, no problem with all that last round, just wasn't sure if Branc managed to get out of melee range of F12 when he backed away. Diagram looks like he's still quite close.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by wolfpack »

with cobbler dropping the one he waqs fighting with, are there any left attacking him? or is he free to run up to the roof where the mage was?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Stonjuz »

Correct, Cobbler is not in melee.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by ragnboneshopper »

grey_starr wrote:
ragnboneshopper wrote:I don't remember adding dex mods to initiative rolls in 2e, but maybe that's a 2.5e thing? I can't find anything on it and just wondering if I'm doing it right. Ag's dex is 16, with an aim of 16 and a balance of 12, but I don't see that either aim or balance mods initiative. I only see a mod to reaction for surprise purposes...
Dex has always been added (in 2E) to missile attacks. To hit only... Missile attack adjustment.

In Players Options (2.5) it's Missile Adjustment under "Aim"... so 16 Aim gives a +1 to hit. Balance provides your Reaction Adj... so a 12 Bal provides +0 initiative adjustment.

http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/
Under "Player's Option: Skills and Powers" (3rd from the bottom)... Chapter 2: Ability Scores... Dexterity, Aim, Balance
Yes, I see the usual mods from the Aim score to missile to hit, and the Balance score reaction adjustment part, which specifically says, "This modifier is applied to a d10 to determine if a character is surprised by an unexpected encounter. The more positive the value, the less likely the character is to be surprised." I don't see anything about this Balance mod applying to initiative, so I'm trying to figure out if we're house-ruling reaction adjustments to apply to initiative, because otherwise the rules don't indicate that it applies.

Not that it really matters to me personally. Ag's Balance is only 12, so a +0 reaction... :mrgreen:

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Stonjuz »

Hang in there. Just awaiting an action for Gilnes.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by Majik »

Sorry for the delay... busy week for me. :p
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by grey_starr »

With a Grunt, Benson again swings his club - and once again wishes it were a magical blade of reputation! ;)
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

cobbler could use some healing as well

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Majik »

Ginles is only down 3 HP, but if there is anything the healers can do... that'd be great. :)
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rukellian »

Majik wrote:Ginles is only down 3 HP, but if there is anything the healers can do... that'd be great. :)
Don't worry guys, I'm sure Fezuul will help out as soon as the current situation has settled down.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”