Quest #23 "Even The Jungle Wanted Them Dead"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #23 "Even The Jungle Wanted Them Dead"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes the druid wants to seek out a man in the jungle who is reportedly killing phanaton by the dozens. He promised the tree dwellers that he would investigate and try to stop this menace. Chauncey the Adequate has told Mr. Nehru that he would seek out this alleged priest, hoping it will also stop the undead from occasionally wandering into town. They may be able to team up to kill two vegepygmy with one stone. ;)

Seeking Out The Jungle Priest
Starday, the 13th of Goodmonth
Early Morning, Misty, Warm

After a few days of grueling spell research that nearly got him killed, the half-elven druid is finally ready to set out into the jungle again. He assembles his team and makes all the necessary preparations before they depart.

Wes
Galanthas
Chauncey/Mr. Wrenly
Avaala/Treasure
Jaxsen
Monocar
Luther
Brother Gilbert
Lightfinger?

If you think you should (or shouldn't) be on this list, please speak up.
:lol:

Please post anything related to the organization of this mission here from now on! Thanks!

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #23 "Even The Jungle Wanted Them Dead"

#2 Post by SirOwen »

This looks like a badass party! Plenty of spell casters, solid walls of muscle, and even back up for the stealth. Lots of possibilities!
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Is quick to arrive after doing his morning prayers with scarecen and getting breakfast and a share for rations from the cook fire. He was all smiles and looking himself again, wearing some new scale armor.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Karaunios »

Galanthas the elf arrives, having donned his chainmail and filled his waterskins, still chewing some smoked bacon from his rations.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

...says his morning prayers, refills his travel rations and prepares his gear to go back into the jungle. He hopes this trip will have no casualties, unlike the last one. He will bring his "new" book, even though he will not have the time for serious study. He is quite happy to discover that Avaala and Treasure may be joining the group.
SpinwardMarch

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther joins the others, yawning and scratching indelicate places. He's all smiles for now. He looks much less bedraggled than a few days ago, as he has done some healing- plus his armor and weapons are clean, for a change.
FA FO

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey arrives promptly looking well rested - only a keen observer would note the strain on his countenance from the last few days of intense magical research. Mr. Wrenly is nowhere to be seen. Chauncey’s pointed hat, however, seems slightly more lumpy and squirmy than usual.

The wizard walks directly up to Brother Gilbert with a scroll tube in hand. “Brother Gilbert,” he says, “I’ve brought you additional reading material. This is a powerful metaphysical incantation, or prayer, I suppose, that when recited will ward off the unholy, the animate unliving, that which is unnatural and abhorrent to human decency. I present it to you in trade. I will consider an assurance from you that neither myself nor my companion... Mr. Wrenly... who unfortunately is running a bit late.... Ahem, that neither of us be allowed to perish on this mission to be sufficient payment. Also, importantly, I cannot employ it myself.” As he finishes speaking, his hat scrunches suddenly, then springs into the air, only to land neatly on the head of the giant, Monocar.

Chauncey rolls his eyes and looks slightly embarrassed.“I do apologize, Monocar. He thought that would be hilarious I simply could not talk him out of it. Come now, Mr. Wrenly, if you do not mind terribly,” he says. With a high-pitched shriek the hat launches itself back onto the wizard’s own head.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

Avaala and Treasure arrive, looking around the assemblage. "Good!" exclaims the Mage. "Both of my partners are here! Monocar, any word yet on the saw blade from the mainland?" he asks the Man Mountain.

"And Chauncey!" he continues. "Good to see you and Mr. Wrenly here. Together, we should be unstoppable."

He introduces himself, and Treasure, to anyone he hasn't met before.

Finally, he actually hugs Brother Gilbert."Good to be adventuring with you again. May our good fortune in the face of adversity continue!"
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen approaches the group. He forgoes all the handshaking and talking. He quickly bows to the group members he has not met and, to all of them at once says, "I am Jaxsen, a humble grub in the service of Bralm. Let us swarm our enemies and bring success to our hive." He then takes up a position near Wes.
"There is no spoon."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brotherr Gilbert

He graciously accepts the scroll tube, Many thanks, Chauncey. I do my very best to see that you and Mr. Wrenley return alive and hale.

He hugs Avaala back, not too surprised. I do hope that this trip is more successful than the last. I am glad we are together on this trip.
SpinwardMarch

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

REALLY good stuff here everyone! The Mr. Wrenly thing almost made me spit coffee again. :D

I am not sure when tkrexx might come back to us, but I will respect his wishes for a temporary break. So he may or may not be available for this mission once it kicks off.

Would the organizer of this folly like to give a clever speech or something before we depart?
:lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther laughs loudly when Wrenly pulls his "prank".

Before we go, can we share anything that we know- or suspect- that may be related to this bastard?
FA FO

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by SirOwen »

Urson wrote:Luther

Luther laughs loudly when Wrenly pulls his "prank".

Before we go, can we share anything that we know- or suspect- that may be related to this bastard?
Avaala the Grey

"If," Avaala carefully enunciates the word. "This Cleric was the source, when I first arrived on the island, the town was attacked by a particularly strong and resilient zombie. I was forced to use a magic item that multiplied my power ten-fold to weaken it enough to be destroyed. IF he can do that again, there may be some especially dangerous undead out there."
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Urson »

Luther

Then assume this is the case. Better to assume a rogue bear and later discover it's a cub than the other way 'round.

Some of us have encountered an older fella playing a flute- we saw him with a group of the villager's kids once, and they seemed to be entranced.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Wow! I have catching up to do! LOL!

Monocar looks up at the hat and laughs. Hey there little buddy! he then watched as the monkey and hat bounces over to Chauncy again. Looking over as he hears Avaala again he grins more and waves. Hey there! No word yet... I don't even know if the ship has made it back to send the letter. Hopefully soon, but I have no idea how fast the mail works. He did that pearl help at all?

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala The Grey

Nodding enthusiastically, Avaala tells Monocar, "Oh yes indeed! It worked perfectly and I could not have done it without you."
"There is no spoon."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

“Thank you all for choosing to come with me”,the half-elf says. “A few days ago, a phanaton called Chwee told me of an evil human who lurks in the jungle in an old temple, and delights in killing the phanaton by the score. It’s quite possible that this is the same cleric that we believe is responsible for sending groups of zombies to plague Beachtown”.

“There’s little we know about him except that he came to Beachtown for a short time, then went out into the jungle. Now he lurks out there with an army of zombies that follow every order, no matter how ridiculous.”

Wes looks around the group as he continues. “Our expedition will go into the jungle, learn what we can about him, infiltrate his temple by whatever means and…end his reign of terror”

“He’s out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable conduct. And he commands an army of zombies”.

“We need to end his terrible behavior with…”Wes searches for an appropriate way to end his sentence. He wonders if anyone can think of what to say...
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

... firm resolve. He offers his suggestion for the end of Wes' sentance. Brother Gilberrt considers undead to be abominations and an afront to the natural order.
SpinwardMarch

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by ChubbyPixie »

“We have been informed by a sassy and impudent bandit that this priest and Captain Bing are ‘in cahoots’ as it were, planning something sinister, and that the temple is roughly a mile beyond the end of the logging trail,” adds Chauncey.
The scroll he gave Brother Gilbert is a Scroll of Protection from Undead, in case I didn’t mention before.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

WAIT! Wait wait wait! Did you say we were heading out to kill a priest? I don't think that is a good idea... he starts looking up at the sun like he was expecting a fireball to fall from the sky and roast them all.

Return to “Completed Missions”