OOC Thread

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#141 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:where the heck is Max? I am pretty sure he didn't go to GaryCon, and I'm waiting for his action on Action Thread 1.1 so we can move the action forward. I can't use the "stand around and do nothing" method unless we want Lipput to be torn apart by wormies.
He visited this afternoon, so probably thought he had made a post/move already.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the hold up people.....basically; my computer died this weekend....which coincided with my wife taking a trip to see an old out of state Law School friend for a baby-shower for the past few days; leaving me and our 2 year old.....and after Friday afternoon....with no working computer. She just got back...using her computer now....anyway; it's been a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG weekend; but I'll quit whining and do my best to get this show back on the road! :)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#144 Post by Vargr1105 »

I read something on the OSRIC rules that I was not aware before, and it may be of special interest to Pol:

Spell memorization requires only a 4-hour period of rest (and not necessarily sleep) after which individual spells may be re-memorized normally. Yes, this means it is possible to re-memorize spells more than once per day, assuming the party is willing to grant spellcasters the downtime required.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#145 Post by Vargr1105 »

NJWilliam wrote:OOC: Is there extra rope? 30' drop and was it a typical 50' coil?
You are correct.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Vargr1105 wrote:I read something on the OSRIC rules that I was not aware before, and it may be of special interest to Pol:

Spell memorization requires only a 4-hour period of rest (and not necessarily sleep) after which individual spells may be re-memorized normally. Yes, this means it is possible to re-memorize spells more than once per day, assuming the party is willing to grant spellcasters the downtime required.
This is super helpful. If we don't die right now...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#147 Post by Vargr1105 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Ooc: How many climb checks will I need for the climb back down?
just one

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#148 Post by Vargr1105 »

NJWilliam wrote:Theket thinks for a moment and says,"Mebbe since we is smaller we need less rest?"
LOL! :lol:

If there were PbP RPG Oscars for "Best Hilarious Performances" I'd be nominating you guys for it.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Vargr1105 wrote:
NJWilliam wrote:Theket thinks for a moment and says,"Mebbe since we is smaller we need less rest?"
LOL! :lol:

If there were PbP RPG Oscars for "Best Hilarious Performances" I'd be nominating you guys for it.
I also LOL'd. Heelarity.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#150 Post by Vargr1105 »

onlyme wrote:For some reason I thought there was a time limit on the lens retrieval, but after looking back I dont see one. So...Ull would prefer to rest a day and recover some hit points.
The "some reason" may be that there was a time limit on the lens retrieval on the original tournament module. Specifically two hours of IRL gaming. We are ignoring that, of course. ;)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:
onlyme wrote:For some reason I thought there was a time limit on the lens retrieval, but after looking back I dont see one. So...Ull would prefer to rest a day and recover some hit points.
The "some reason" may be that there was a time limit on the lens retrieval on the original tournament module. Specifically two hours of IRL gaming. We are ignoring that, of course. ;)

Are we at two hours RL yet? Maybe we could still complete it... :D

I was thinking there was something about the spell would become permenent if not back by a certain time. But then again, I have also been watching a ton of disney and dreamworks movies with the kids, and all of them apparently have to have that plot element... But, once I read the intros again, I realized it wasnt there.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#153 Post by Vargr1105 »

onlyme wrote:Looks like we need to start eating the spiders after we skewer them. Also, dont we have wine?
You do have wine left, correct. not be best of choices for hydration though. ;)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by ChubbyPixie »

I'd like to wake up with these (after my nightly prayers, followed by a self-administered face-slap, of course.)

Spells: 1st level: Cause Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds (x3), Sanctuary 2nd level: Augury, Find Traps, Spiritual Hammer (x2)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by Vargr1105 »

Don't forget that since about 24 hours have passed, and you can re-memorize spells after each 4 hours of rest, there was enough time to re-memorize, cast, re-memorized again, etc your full complement of spells.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Don't forget that since about 24 hours have passed, and you can re-memorize spells after each 4 hours of rest, there was enough time to re-memorize, cast, re-memorized again, etc your full complement of spells.
Does this mean he could have learned and cast cure light wounds a few times yesterday, and still be fully stocked?
If so, I would like to request a slight do-over. I would imagine had we played out the 24 hrs of rest, we would have taken advantage of that.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by onlyme »

I dont know how the math works, but make sure you didnt use up the last 4hrs worth of spells. You want to make sure you have those still in the chamber ready to go...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#159 Post by Vargr1105 »

Jesus! :shock:

Ok let us step back a moment here

1 - Just like everyone else, Pol needs his normal circa 8 hours of rest today. That leaves him 16 hours for memorization and further rest/mem cycles.

2 - Praying for spells takes 15 minutes per spell level. In my house rules I round it down to 1 Turn per level to make things easier. That means 50 minutes after each rest must be spent praying to the Dark Ones.

So the rest day looks like this for Pol:

Until hour 8:00 - resting
Until hour 8:50 - praying then cast 5 x CLW
Until hour 12:50 - resting
Until hour 13:40 - praying then cast 5 x CLW
Until hour 17:40 - resting
Until hour 18:30 - praying then cast 5 x CLW
Until hour 22:30 - resting
Until hour 23:20 - praying then cast 5 x CLW

Right now (circa 24 hours after the party camped): Pol has 0 1st Level spells. He can pray for two new 2nd level spells (to replace or substitute) at 20 minutes of prayer for each.

Oh yes, and pretty much everyone is healed up to max. Don't know why I bothered rolling natural healing with this crazy dark cleric in the party. ;)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#160 Post by Vargr1105 »

Looks like we need to start eating the spiders after we skewer them. Also, dont we have wine?

You still have wine left. Not the optimal choice for hydration though. ;)

Return to “IM15 Round the Bend”