Chapter 21: Pact With The Devil

Inferno
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 21: Pact With The Devil

#321 Post by wolfpack »

Brevos pulls his cloak up over his head and leans against the nearest tree.

the town is full of several hundred undead roaming the streets, you aren't safe there without a full army.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by rredmond »

Rudolph, enjoying this invisibility, will come around and behind the knight. Partly to see if no one is following, and partly to test the invisibility coupled with his hobbit silent steps and to test the knight. But mainly to make sure the knight is really alone. Oh boy St. Cuthbert, this is going to make this lot even more interesting to work with, he thinks.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by ravenn4544 »

Urson wrote:Jerome

How so is it not safe? We are a formidable-looking group, and with the Gods of Light on our side, how can we fail?

Mouser
laughs out loud.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Urson »

Jerome

Jerome blushes a bit- whether he's embarrassed or angry, who knows?

I....see. Have you good people found any cause for this plague of undead? I would like to give my Master a full report when I return.

Jerome studies whatever part of the village he can see, noticing the gloom and the building sense of dread.

Do any of you require healing? I have been blessed by Himself to offer some small help in that way.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#325 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bo glares at Mouser once the paladin joins them, but he keeps his cool for now.

"Jerome is it? Well it is nice to meet you, good knight. Do you sense anything strange about us? Tainted perhaps? We have been having horrible nightmares since we first visited this place a few days ago. I am wondering if we didn't contract some minor evil curse from something inside this town."

After shaking hands, if he still wants to, Bo does what he can to make the newcomer feel welcomed into the group.

"There are a couple of wee ones with us as well, unseen, so don't get too excited if you suddenly spot a fresh footprint or hear some rustling noises nearby."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by wolfpack »

Urson wrote:Jerome

I....see. Have you good people found any cause for this plague of undead? I would like to give my Master a full report when I return.

Kid if you go where we are heading, none of us are likely to return the doom laden ranger responds wryly.

with that he moves

So whats the decision are we heading to the trail or do you insist on returning to the town?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by rredmond »

"I would prefer to avoid that place if we aren't sure that there's anything we need there," squeaks an unseen Rudolph from behind Jerome. "If I have to follow you humorful merrymakers to the hells and back, I'd like to better my chances on the getting back part."
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#328 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Let's return to the village after we destroy the source, says an invisible Urdur.

By the way, I'm Urdur. Don't worry if you can't see me, that's normal, he says to Sir Jerome.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#329 Post by Scott308 »

Ingrid Esthof

If nobody else wishes to go for the item in the secret room, I will abide by that decision.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Urson »

Jerome

The young knight looks a bit baffled by the voices of unseen people, but adjusts quickly.

Clearly, swarms of undead that could wash over us like waves on the beach is a valid reason to avoid this village. What reasons are there to enter? Unless one of you knows of some potential source in the village?

Scott308

#331 Post by Scott308 »

Ingrid Esthof

Telkis here knows the location of a scroll of some sort- do you know what was on the scroll, Telkis? I, along with others who are no longer with us, found a hidden room full of occult writings. In this room, there was a table with a locked drawer. We could tell that something moved inside the drawer as we moved the table, but it was locked and we did not wish to break the lock as we knew there were undead outside the door and did not wish to reveal our presence. Then we heard trouble and went to help our companions. We felt that was more important. Currently, the threat is too great to justify getting whatever is in that drawer.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#333 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bo

"Should we not at least try to gather these things before we leave again? We walked freely through the town once before. Perhaps we can get in and out quickly this time so we don't draw too much attention to ourselves again. If we stick together and keep alert, we should be in and back out in no time."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Urson »

Jerome

Could we create a loud diversion, and draw the Undead away from the area where the valuables are? I would hate to see potential sources of power go to waste.

OH! And I do not mean drawing the accursed into battle. I mean keeping them busy chasing one noise and another.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by ravenn4544 »

Mouser listens to the debate for retrieving this unknown 'artifact' go on and on. "We'll be debating this for hours if we don't do something.." he seems resigned,.." so let's do it. Listen, I have the best chance of slipping in and out of there unheard - any maybe unseen. So if it has to be done, tell me where it is, and I'll go.. Making noise and a distraction to keep them away would be helpful...."

He tightens his pack and tightens his boots of silence.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by wolfpack »

While the others discuss Brevos climbs a nearby tall tree to see over the walls into the city streets and see if there are any walking dead visible.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#337 Post by SocraticLawyer »

ravenn4544 wrote:Mouser listens to the debate for retrieving this unknown 'artifact' go on and on. "We'll be debating this for hours if we don't do something.." he seems resigned,.." so let's do it. Listen, I have the best chance of slipping in and out of there unheard - any maybe unseen. So if it has to be done, tell me where it is, and I'll go.. Making noise and a distraction to keep them away would be helpful...."

He tightens his pack and tightens his boots of silence.
Urdur says, I can make you unseen to all eyes.
But I think it unwise to divide our forces again...

If Mouser is set on going, Urdur casts Invisibility on him first.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by rredmond »

The unseen Rudolph adds, "we are doing something. We are avoiding the village and getting rid of the greater evil or whatever. Why are you so keen on getting into the cursed village? I may or may not be rubbing a gigantic scar on my chest at this point. The druid said stick together, honestly after walking around with all you impulsive and paranoid folks this past week, it's the smartest thing any of you have said. Plus my scar aches, that means it's going to rain soon..."

Rudolph moves away from where he was standing, in case anyone gets aggravated at him and throws a kick or a rock or something at his voice. :D

Scott308

#339 Post by Scott308 »

Ingrid Esthof
OGRE MAGE wrote:Bo

"Should we not at least try to gather these things before we leave again? We walked freely through the town once before. Perhaps we can get in and out quickly this time so we don't draw too much attention to ourselves again. If we stick together and keep alert, we should be in and back out in no time."
Precisely! The last time we were here, we spent quite some time before we discovered the dangers here in town. We were neither quiet nor cautious, and we divided into numerous groups. This time, we head straight to the scroll, then the occult room, then get out of town.

Mouser, while I think it is admirable you would be willing to slip into town alone to retrieve the items, I think it is a bad idea. We have not had good luck when one of us have gone off on their own. I think it is best we all travel together. We try to be quiet and stay alert. Plus, this time, I have my holy symbol, not to mention we are all properly equipped, instead of scrounging for make-shift weapons and Ill-fitting armor. I also would prefer not trying to cause distractions. We shouldn't let them know something is in the area if we can help it.

Telkis, if you would please lead the way?

Return to “The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)”