#3521 Post by Rex »

Treasure looks good, thanks.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #21 "Island Hopping"

#3522 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

A short while after returning to town, Maag visits his companions. He tells each them the same tale:

"Right den, I've got a bit of a problem. I'm tryin' to buy sumfin' a bit sweet. Nuffin' dodgy, right? Just der sort of fing yet can't buy at der Hi-Lo."

"Trouble is, der seller only wants cash on der nail. Would yer be interested in a trade?"

Maag holds out three of the gems from his share of the treasure.1x50, 2x25gp "One, two, or all three". Maag is careful to enunciate the "th", of three, almost like he'd run across this potential misunderstanding before...
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3523 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Quonundrum wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:13 am
I know OM loves to do this, but I took a stab at treasure distribution ...

I exchanged gold for pearls in each share (except Saracen's). These can be used for identifying magic items, saved for later, or exchanged for gold if you'd rather have the cash.

I did the same for the 18 assorted 25gp gems, mainly as they're easier to carry than a bunch of coins.

Andron will give his light stone to Tlachtga as the GP value of the Jade Dog is a bit less than the others. I also suggest trying 'Manalishi' as the command word for the dog; could save a pearl.

* Smokey Grey Activation Sphere (500) - Andron can hold onto this for activating an obelisk(s).

Saracen
Continual Light Stone (250)
Chime of Gluttony (0)
337gp

Andron
Puzzle Box? (500)
Gold Band? (500)
2 x 100gp pearl
3 x 25gp gems
62gp

Lerrick
+1 Mace of Athena (200)
Pink Powder? (250)
Reinforced Potion Box w/ 6 Unidentified Potions (2000)
1 x 100gp pearl
2 x 50gp
3 x 25gp gems
62gp

Gramble
?-Sprinkler (500)
1 x 100gp pearl
2 x 50gp
3 x 25gp gems
62gp

Maag
Gloves of ? (1000)
1 x 100gp pearl
2 x 50gp
3 x 25gp gems
62gp

Tlachtga
Jade Dog (200)
1 x 100gp pearl
4 x 25gp pearls
3 x 25gp gems
62gp

Alordan
Cottage of the Silver Fellowship (2500)
1 x 100gp pearl
4 x 25gp pearls
3 x 25gp gems
62gp

Now you see why I tried to give him the bonus? :lol:

I would also think that anyone needing something identified would need to put up their own pearls. Or was that what you were thinking too?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3524 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:58 pm Maag is careful to enunciate the "th", of three, almost like he'd run across this potential misunderstanding before...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3525 Post by Quonundrum »

Right.

For an identification, 100gp of pearls must be provided.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3526 Post by Urson »

Daisy

Daisy explains how and why she became Mayor, and emphasizes that she will happily step down if someone feels they're better suited for the job.
Ah know ya'll are just gettin' back, and may not want to go out again right away. Ah'm going to talk with the natives tomorrow morning, hoping we can get some agreement so that Beachtown can be moved somewhere with better soil. If any of ya'll think you can help with languages- or if you got friends there- Ah'd appreciate you coming along.
She nods at the information about the kobolds. Ah'll ask The Princess to go talk with the dwarves. She believes she can deal with them.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3527 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Sorry, made a mistake with the treasure split. Where I had listed 2 x 50gp in a couple shares, I meant to write 2 x 50gp pearls. So I assume then Maag wants to trade a 50gp pearl and 2 x 25 assorted gems?

Andronichishche first appears confused at Maag's request, then slowly, apparently, understands as a warm smile waxes across his face. "Ah, I believe I understand. Perhaps a special gift that requires subterfuge to preserve the surprise?" He rummages in a belt pouch, quickly counting his loose coin. "Yes, I can help you, Mr. Maag. I will trade for all three." Scooping up a handful of coins, he counts out ten platinum pieces and fifty gold pieces.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3528 Post by kruk »

Lerrick
Urson wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:40 pm Daisy If any of ya'll think you can help with languages- or if you got friends there- Ah'd appreciate you coming along.[/dialog]
I speak several languages...gnome, gnoll, goblin, hobgoblin, orcish, elvish, and halfling to name them all. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

She then reaches into her pouch and pulls out 2 50gp pearls as well as her vial of pink powder and hands them to Andron. Andron, the two pearls will cover the cost of the identification of the powder, correct? And here is a 100 gp pearl for identification of the magic power of the mace.

Lerrick received 2 50 gp pearls and 1 100 gp pearl as part of her treasure. Since Lerrick gave them to Andron there is no mention of the treasure in Lerrick's sheet (which I am working on now)

HP role for lvl 4: [1d8] = 4
Last edited by kruk on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3529 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In case some of you aren't reading the other threads, Maag is asking for volunteers over here too.

viewtopic.php?p=506676#p506676

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3530 Post by Quonundrum »

See below about Cora's mace. Andron can still attempt to identify any other properties, but Lerrick wouldn't be able to use them.

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm The mace is clearly designed to be used by a follower of Athena, but since there are none of them around on the island to my knowledge, in the hands of a non-follower, it acts as a +1 weapon, and nothing more.

The pink powder has yet to be identified, but Kruk seems to have a grasp on what that might be used for, so I will leave it at that.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3531 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche listens carefully as Mayor Daisy explains the situation with Beachtown and her request for aid. He runs a hand through his deep brown hair, perhaps a bit gray now after his experiences on the island, then strokes his chin in thought. "I believe so," he says pensively. "Rao ...", gesturing to the morning sky, "teaches us that through dialogue we may achieve peace. I feel it would be my duty to assist you in this task. I do know of magic that will allow me to understand, but not speak, their language."

He frowns now, considering what he just proposed. "However, it does require physical contact, which may be interpreted as hostility. I also know a blessing that would allow us to express our intent for peace, without words. It may help in convincing them to try communicating with us, at least."

Almost as an afterthought, he procures what appears to be a chunk of rock tied to a short leather thong from his pack. The rock bears an image that looks like a holy symbol of some kind. He stares at it thoughtfully as he continues. "I do have an obligation to a friend, though, that I must attend to in the morning. Are you able to delay your trip for one day? If so, I would be at your service, Mayor Daisy."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3532 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Der yer go." Maag hands over the pearl and the other two gems and pockets the cash in return.

"On der subject of pearls, I fink I should give yer dis big one as well. Yer said yer needed it to work out what dese gloves do." Maag nods at the gloves tucked into his belt. "Let me know when yer ready to do it."

One 100gp pearl, one 50gp pearl and two 25gp gems deducted.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3533 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche stows the pearls and gems in a belt pouch and nods in agreement. "Very good, Mr. Maag. I will inform you when I am ready."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3534 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

To Andron, "Here is a pearl and the jade dog, please identify it. Thanks."

She hands over her 100gp pearl and the jade dog.

Pearl removed from sheet.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3535 Post by wolfpack »

Gramble hands over the sprinkler and large pearl to Alordan.

I have to find a taxidermist then I'm heading to get good and sloshed.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3536 Post by wolfpack »

gramble si level 3 fighter less than 1k from level 4

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3537 Post by Urson »

Daisy
If ya'll need a day or two to recover, Ah reckon we can wait. The Princess and Ah will go see the Stoneguts, and then we can go see the Native folks in a couple of days.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3538 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche collects the Sprinkler, the vial of Pink Powder, and the Jade Dog, carefully placing the valuable items into his pack. He also secures the offered pearls, essential for the identification magic into a belt pouch. "Thank you, everyone. I will see to identifying these as time and energy permits."

Speaking to Daisy now. "Thank you, Mayor Daisy. Our experiences on the island were rather draining. Rest for both mind and body will be most certainly welcome. Please be careful with the dwarves. I have little experience with the mountain people, but from accounts of their behaviour recently, they seem to prefer acting before dialogue."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3539 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"It is unusual for the stout folk to be rash or hasty. Deadly foes and they will hold a grudge forever. Stubborn as the rock they come from for sure, good luck changing their mind on something, but rarely evil. I wonder what has driven them to their recent behavior."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3540 Post by Quonundrum »

kruk wrote: She then reaches into her pouch and pulls out 2 50gp pearls as well as her vial of pink powder and hands them to Andron. Andron, the two pearls will cover the cost of the identification of the powder, correct? And here is a 100 gp pearl for identification of the magic power of the mace.

I would suggest instead of the mace (just a +1 for non-Athenians), identifying a potion from the egg. All of them likely provide a protection effect of some kind.

Return to “Completed Missions”