Out of Character Chatter

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Out of Character Chatter

#1 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Here it is.

Characters may not all be at the same point in time, or even working with the other characters so as action evolves in the various threads please be mindful of on board and off board knowledge. This will avoid private threads for situations that are mundane, but just not known to others.
Last edited by Ahlmzhad on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of Character Chatter

#2 Post by Leitz »

Are we using 'Influence' from 'Merchant Prince'?

How much leeway do we have to create the scene?

Thanks!

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Leitz wrote:Are we using 'Influence' from 'Merchant Prince'?

How much leeway do we have to create the scene?

Thanks!
My short answer is yes. My qualified answer is I'll have to look at it tonight (or might need to get info from you about it if I don't have that book).

Your PC's have as much ability to set the scene as they take. You meet on my guys craft or his office not much, get my guy to meet you at your place quite a bit. Meeting is in a public place, some and variable based on the location chosen.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Leitz »

That works. The non-mechanics behind "influence" are probably cooler than the effects. :)

I'll set a scene shortly, public place. I tend to write. :)

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Well I do have Merchant Prince. I thought I did.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Leitz »

Ahlmzhad wrote:Well I do have Merchant Prince. I thought I did.
I take that as you don't have it? I can write up the notes, or restructure the character. In truth, my main thing was the coolness factor of Stefano being able to influence markets. In reality, I'm not sure they really linked game mechanics to text well.

Lemme know your druthers, I'm okay either way. The use of Merchant Prince was more for the extra Event options. Turns out most of them we're good for Stefano. :(

Addendum: Not sure I interpreted your sentence correctly, sorry. I've quit drinking coffee and it shows...

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Leitz wrote:
Ahlmzhad wrote:Well I do have Merchant Prince. I thought I did.
I take that as you don't have it? I can write up the notes, or restructure the character. In truth, my main thing was the coolness factor of Stefano being able to influence markets. In reality, I'm not sure they really linked game mechanics to text well.

Lemme know your druthers, I'm okay either way. The use of Merchant Prince was more for the extra Event options. Turns out most of them we're good for Stefano. :(

Addendum: Not sure I interpreted your sentence correctly, sorry. I've quit drinking coffee and it shows...
Yes, I think you misinterpreted it, though I can see why. I have merchant prince, and yes we will be using it.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Leitz »

Can Stefano get general information on Antil? Education, general background, things that would be on an investment prospectus? The player doesn't really need it but I'm setting the stage for Stefano's people skills.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Leitz wrote:Can Stefano get general information on Antil? Education, general background, things that would be on an investment prospectus? The player doesn't really need it but I'm setting the stage for Stefano's people skills.
No problem.

And for others always ask if I don't give you the info you want, or all the info you want I may just not have thought of it like this. Just on general tone, you're all doing well. Just keep creating, and I'll drive it around to the story line. Love the details you guys are throwing out.

If D'Arcy and Fred want to have had some contact previously I'm fine with that just add it in here. My assumption is that D'Arcy has been solidly on planet form most (but not all) of his past. Fred seems to have been mainly on another planet, but at some point they could have crossed paths. If my take on your stories is wrong then please correct me.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Spearmint »

D'Arcy background. Navy life and a stint in law enforcement caused him to travel to nearby locations. Recent years on Albion with rogue outfit and currently freelancing between brokers and 'entrepreneurs'.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Leitz »

Stefano is starting to feel like the only mostly law abiding person in the group...

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Ahlmzhad »

I'm adding private forums as it looks like we'll be a bit disjointed, and so separate private threads will be beneficial.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by The Bindoner »

Stefano is starting to feel like the only mostly law abiding person in the group...
Kiki is a respectable broker, thank you, and no more a criminal than is a Barrister defending an accused. ;)

If the character is acceptable I'll buy some items and write myself in. If not, I have other character ideas.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Ahlmzhad »

The Bindoner wrote:
Kiki is a respectable broker, thank you, and no more a criminal than is a Barrister defending an accused. ;)

If the character is acceptable I'll buy some items and write myself in. If not, I have other character ideas.
Kiki is good to go, you can jump in in either the Space Port or On Planet as you fit either place.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Leitz »

And if you want a connection, let me know.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:

OOC, looked at your character sheet. Kiki's Term 3 is Stefano's Term 4. The "Event for Stefano that term was "A high ranking member of the family (royal, in this case), is watching your every move." It was Stefano's first term in the new role and he passed the check and gained the Royal Doubter's support. Kiki's dealt with a Royal Trade ship and personal request, so maybe Kiki was investigating Stefano?

Lots of other options, that one just stuck out for me.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by The Bindoner »

OOC, looked at your character sheet. Kiki's Term 3 is Stefano's Term 4. The "Event for Stefano that term was "A high ranking member of the family (royal, in this case), is watching your every move." It was Stefano's first term in the new role and he passed the check and gained the Royal Doubter's support. Kiki's dealt with a Royal Trade ship and personal request, so maybe Kiki was investigating Stefano?
I had noticed the same thing, it does seem the logical point of contact between Stefano and Kiki. As a dealer in items of contested provenance perhaps Kiki would have been testing whether he would make an honest assessment of the sort of deals she presented to him? Or maybe the Royal Personage wanted what they wanted ( and did not want to be bothered by the how of it ), and the test was whether Stefano would be willing to overlook the practicalities of acquisition?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:
I had noticed the same thing, it does seem the logical point of contact between Stefano and Kiki. As a dealer in items of contested provenance perhaps Kiki would have been testing whether he would make an honest assessment of the sort of deals she presented to him? Or maybe the Royal Personage wanted what they wanted ( and did not want to be bothered by the how of it ), and the test was whether Stefano would be willing to overlook the practicalities of acquisition?
Makes sense. Stefano himself would not likely buy something he had to worry about, but he doesn't actually buy lots of stuff anyway. If Kiki presented "the thing", Stefano would let the patron know his understanding of the situation. If he saw "the thing" in the patron's drawing room the next week he'd make a favorable comment on the artistry of it. :)

On a side note, Stefano is relaxing in the park. I was going to move him out, but if Kiki wants to contact him she's welcome. She probably got one of his business cards. :)

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by The Bindoner »

On a side note, Stefano is relaxing in the park. I was going to move him out, but if Kiki wants to contact him she's welcome. She probably got one of his business cards
Missed the moment.

I think, if we're going to take Contact skills, Kiki would pick up Diplomat 1 from a situation like that.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:
On a side note, Stefano is relaxing in the park. I was going to move him out, but if Kiki wants to contact him she's welcome. She probably got one of his business cards
Missed the moment.

I think, if we're going to take Contact skills, Kiki would pick up Diplomat 1 from a situation like that.
Stefano might pick up Streetwise. Maybe someone *was* doing something and Kiki and Stefano teamed up to find the actual guilty person(s).

Addendum: Since she last saw him Stefano has lost a lot of weight, toned up, and quit several bad habits.

Return to “Space Rats Campaign (1st Ed Mongoose Traveller)”