Char Gen

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Char Gen

#1 Post by Ahlmzhad »

You can use any of the Mongoose books to roll up. Attributes are 3D6-1D.

Please feel free to post questions and comments here.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Char Gen

#2 Post by Ahlmzhad »

In the dice roller the campaign number is 734.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by The Bindoner »

OK, I've registered in the dice roller ( slightly different ID ). Before I commit to a character, what are we going for? I mean, do we need hard cases, or sneaky and subtle?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Leitz »

I'm thinking Freelance Broker, and mostly legal stuff. That's where the long term money is.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by The Bindoner »

Ha! One of my ideas was a Fence/Broker. I was also thinking about a Vargr Corsair. I have other ideas too....

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:Ha! One of my ideas was a Fence/Broker. I was also thinking about a Vargr Corsair. I have other ideas too....
My character has an ally from the same freelance brokerage. Talked the co-worker out of suicide since the firm was doing poorly.

That said, I'm pretty open to contacts of most sorts.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Leitz »

Are you using "Influence" from Book 7, "Merchant Prince"? I have the character sheet written up, with the rolls used to generate them.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by The Bindoner »

Had to re-register...

Re. getting the stats rolled : [3d6c1] doesn't seem to be an option. I could create a character with [3d6] then edit individual stat rolls, is that right? I assume Wis will be Edu and Cha will be Soc.

EDIT: I think I've worked out how to edit stats.

I have three 9's and three 10's, pretty good results. :)

EDIT:

Are we doing all the chargen rolls online?
Last edited by The Bindoner on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Leitz »

I have a 4, 6, 11, and 12, 12, 12. I wouldn't have believed me if I said I rolled that; first time I've had that many high stats. On the other hand, his career was sort of rough and didn't go where I planned, so it balances out. At this point I have a very Persuasive guy with some broker skill. I like his back-story as it forms in my head, it explains several things and gives him some drivers.

Subject to DM Approval:

Stefano Domici [M Human] A4BC6D 3 Terms Freelance Broker, 2 terms Royal Profiler.
Influence +4; Trendsetter Level (Raises +1 Soc, adjusted)
Admin-0, Broker-2, Computers-0, GunCbt-1, Investigate-2, Medic-0, Persuade-4, Social Science(Economics)-0, Social Science(Psychology)-0, Survial-0

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Leitz wrote:I have a 4, 6, 11, and 12, 12, 12. I wouldn't have believed me if I said I rolled that; first time I've had that many high stats. On the other hand, his career was sort of rough and didn't go where I planned, so it balances out. At this point I have a very Persuasive guy with some broker skill. I like his back-story as it forms in my head, it explains several things and gives him some drivers.

Subject to DM Approval:

Stefano Domici [M Human] A4BC6D 3 Terms Freelance Broker, 2 terms Royal Profiler.
Influence +4; Trendsetter Level (Raises +1 Soc, adjusted)
Admin-0, Broker-2, Computers-0, GunCbt-1, Investigate-2, Medic-0, Persuade-4, Social Science(Economics)-0, Social Science(Psychology)-0, Survial-0
That looks fine.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Leitz »

Ahlmzhad wrote:That looks fine.
Cool, thanks. Do you want the full break down on chargen or just the results? I currently have everything on the character sheet but it looks messy. Funny note, on all five survival rolls he had an "11". Leads a charmed life. Career tanked early on but he stuck through it.

Post character sheets here or will there be a separate thread?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Leitz »

If anyone wants to do the "Connection" thing, here's Stefano's history in a nutshell. He is an experienced, persuasive broker in his late thirties, and a relatively good guy.

Stefano joined a small freelance brokerage firm. (Career: Broker)

Term 1: The firm downsized, no advancement available. Stefano turned down a sizeable exit bonus to stick through the tough times. His influence started to grow at this point.

Term 2: A co-worker, deeply in debt due to the previous lean years, was going to commit suicide. Stefano successfully talked them out of it. Stefano discovered a strong talent for talking to people and connecting deeply.

Term 3: The agency again hit financial difficulties and Stefano's broker skill wasn't string enough to help. At the end of the term his contract ended and both parties agreed to not renew. Still, Stefano's exit strategy meant they parted on good terms and other broker's started to watch his choices.

Looking for work, Stefano finally gave in to a Duke's request for a trusted advisor. Stefano signed on as a Royal Profiler.

Term 4: Due to the nature of the work, someone in the Royal family was watching Stefano's every move. Relying on his intellect, Stefano was able to prove his trustworthiness enough that the person recommended Stefano for advancement. Even more than before Stefano's opinion was influencing the markets.

Term 5: As young royals are wont to do, one of the Duke's off-spring desired to participate in a military venture. Stefano was asked to attend the youth as a trusted financial confidant. When the youngling returned to the fold Stefano was gifted with rewards. He chose to leave with best wishes and on good terms.

Publicly and privately life has given Stefano some raw deals and rough times. Still, he carries on and smiles.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by atpollard »

Here is the start of my character:

STR [3d6k2] = 6
DEX [3d6k2] = 9
END [3d6k2] = 9
INT [3d6k2] = 6
EDU [3d6k2] = 10
SOC [3d6k2] = 10

So that was interesting.

So far ...

Fred (male) [6996AA]

Fred is short and balding with grey at his temples, and a little overweight. He is quiet and reluctant to make eye contact, but almost universally optimistic and typically in a good mood irrespective of circumstances.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote:Are we doing all the chargen rolls online?
I did, mostly still being in shock from the high stat rolls. Took a lot longer but it's all documented.
atpollard wrote:Fred (male) [6996AA]

Let me know if you want Fred and Stefano to be connected. They seem very different people but still "good guys".

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Leitz wrote:
Ahlmzhad wrote:That looks fine.
Cool, thanks. Do you want the full break down on chargen or just the results? I currently have everything on the character sheet but it looks messy. Funny note, on all five survival rolls he had an "11". Leads a charmed life. Career tanked early on but he stuck through it.

Post character sheets here or will there be a separate thread?
Please just the results.

I created a thread for character sheets, so please put it all there.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Ahlmzhad »

The Bindoner wrote:Had to re-register...

Re. getting the stats rolled : [3d6c1] doesn't seem to be an option. I could create a character with [3d6] then edit individual stat rolls, is that right? I assume Wis will be Edu and Cha will be Soc.

EDIT: I think I've worked out how to edit stats.

I have three 9's and three 10's, pretty good results. :)

EDIT:

Are we doing all the chargen rolls online?
If the dice roller isn't providing a traveller option for character sheet, then just set it up, and don't fret over it. You'll need the character to do dice rolls, but just put the actual character sheet info in the character sheet thread.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Once you post your character sheet you can jump into the Albion thread and the adventure can begin.

I'll add a table talk thread for above board chatter and questions. Let's keep the game threads to game posts

In game posts use Blue for character speech, Black for actions, and Red for out of character talk and questions.

Please use PM for discussions you don't want on the table.

I expect more role play and social/business conflict than combat, although if the players want to solve things with weapons there will be combat. I don't mess too much with the rules (I don't even have any house rules to post yet), but setting I do at times as I feel the need to explain things via technology. When I bring in non-book tech or deviate from book on tech I will point it out.

Looking forward to a fun adventure. I'd like to make this a more active posting game so I'll try to post as often as I can. I would like us all to post at least once most days. One thing as this is not necessarily the party cluster, but can have everyone off on their own players that post more will get more done.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Ahlmzhad »

atpollard wrote:Here is the start of my character:

STR [3d6k2] = 6
DEX [3d6k2] = 9
END [3d6k2] = 9
INT [3d6k2] = 6
EDU [3d6k2] = 10
SOC [3d6k2] = 10

So that was interesting.

So far ...

Fred (male) [6996AA]

Fred is short and balding with grey at his temples, and a little overweight. He is quiet and reluctant to make eye contact, but almost universally optimistic and typically in a good mood irrespective of circumstances.

He looks good. You may move onto the Albion and start your adventure.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Ahlmzhad »

For any struggling with the character sheet, check out atpollards in the character sheet thread. That may be the best way to do it.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by atpollard »

FRED
My original thought for Fred was just some average Joe [666666] who owned a small business (like a shoe repair shop) and had a few skills related to managing a business (like Admin) and a few craftsmen like skills related to actually DOING the work (like Mechanical).

When the abilities came up as EDU 10 and SOC 10, I decided that Fred needed to move to a more upscale small business ... like Gunsmith. So now Fred has a small regular monthly income (from Dilettante) and is still a former shopkeeper seeking “adventure”.

During CharGen, Fred rolled a few Ship Shares, but having Fred own a ship sort of goes against the character concept. I read that a second roll of TAS Membership could be traded for Two ShipShares, so I thought that you might allow Fred to swap his Ship Shares for a TAS Membership. Another alternative could be to have the Ship Shares be a silent interest in a ship otherwise related to the game. This is a REFEREE call on how you want to handle the Ship Shares.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Return to “Space Rats Campaign (1st Ed Mongoose Traveller)”