Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

Zhym
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

#1 Post by Zhym »

With one of your number dead and the other returned from the dead, you decide to rest, regroup, and continue your assault on the morrow. You can only hope that Vorkath's fate and the fates of all those in the Temple of Neheod that were taken to hell with him are not irrecovably sealed while you recuperate.

You solemnly divide the Unseen Servant's possessions, knowing that he no longer has any earthly use for them. Then again, you aren't on earth any more. Rool takes a silver mirror with plans to have it turned into a magical light. The two mages split the rings, Odilo taking the Ring of Regeneration and Risdac appropriating the Ring of Elemental Command. Xale takes a protective cloak. Arex takes the deadly Vorpal Katana (and the flint and steel and water skin). Please make sure your sheets are updated. If it's not on your sheet, you don't have it!

Returning to the bunk room where you spent the previous night, you again seal yourselves in behind magical wards (I will assume for the purpose of not dragging this out any more than it already has been). Blessedly (if such a term can even be used here), nothing disturbs your rest—nothing, that is, except vivid nightmares featuring horrible mis-shapen beast-man things, the souls of the tortured damned screaming in eternal pain, and visions of Vorkath standing at a precipice while attempting to hold off an endless horde of attacking devils. When you wake, you are rested, if not refreshed—although Hallagad and Odilo are each physically good as new thanks to their regeneration rings.

You can only assume that the infernal creatures the inhabit this place have also used the downtime to their benefit. Territory that you had gained in this apparent war of attrition may be occupied once again.

You have the morning to recover your spells and prepare for what awaits.

Actions?

Please post your spell lists for the day in the OOC thread. I'll allow pre-rest healing if you have any unused spells.

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 68/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 74/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 47/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 62/90; Rool (H LN T20): 38/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Light (on Shield, Malibran): expired

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

#2 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex says softly,”This is all new to me. Do any of you have a plan? Once we get ready to go I’ll become invisible but I’ll be with you. I can help with traps or locks if you want. Is the vorpal katana cursed? Did you notice odd effects when it was used?”

Arex updated his sheet.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Crime Boss

Rool approaches Malibran with solemn expression.

“I have not fared the best this past day,” Rool admits to Malibran. “My fortitude feels drained, and I ask for the favor of Pholtus to rejuvenate my being and secure my contributions to this noble quest.”

OOC: Rool has taken 47 hit points of damage.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Master Rool, here I will see how much I can help." Reaching out Xales lays his hands on Rool and invokes Dalt's healing power
"I am sorry Master Rool, but I think it best to keep some healing in reserve."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

"Odilio, perhaps You can use my cloak and then I can use the cloak from the unseen servant. That way we both benefit from the increased protection", asks Arex softly? "I am ok with you using the cloak yourself as well or anyone that can make use of the equipment to better the party. I'm not sure I'll even use the katana but hey you never know we might run into someone down here that can help us and they might need a katana. I'll take the cloak for now and give you mine but just say the word and I'll gladly give you the other cloak.

Arex changes cloaks and hands his to Odilio.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Crime Boss

Pleased at the rejuvenating surge from Xale, Rool thanks his old friend. “I will make the appropriate sacrifice to Dalt when we depart these nether realms.”

He then smiles at Malibran, “How about a permanent light upon this mirror?”

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Dram »

Odillo- Accepts the cloak from Arex. Thank you, I have been in need of more protection. He gets into his backpack pulls his spellbook. I have the spell reincarnation. Should I use to bring our fallen comrade back? He may not come back the same as he was.

Cwreando what was the cloak you gave Odillo? Zhym are Odillo Hit points back to full? If so he would loan it out to one of the other characters.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Cwreando »

Cloak +3

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Tanner

The warrior glances at Odillio, then at the giant Risdac. In this forsaken place, better nnot to tempt Fate. Our comrade is dead- no need to draw some fresh horror into his place.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex says,”if you are injured and need healing I can let you borrow my ring of regeneration for a short time.”

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Crime Boss

"I could use that to 'top off'," Rool says Arex, and holds out his hand to accept the ring.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Xale

Once Xale is fully healed he passes the ring to Rool. "Here you go."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

If nobody else has anything they need to do, we might as well move on. We'll get no further in our exploration of this ship sitting here.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran, your eyes finding difficulty keeping him in focus with his form shimmering and changing, seems to ready his own equipment. "Agreed, Master Mage, let us continue. Shall we consider which direction or area we should target"

Cast continual light on Rools mirror

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Agreed, we should keep together if at all possible."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Dram »

Odillo- Does anyone else need to heal? You may borrow my ring.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#17 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

I would borrow your ring, Odilo, but Malibran and Tanner appear to need it more than I.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

WolfOfGrey
Runner
Runner

#18 Post by WolfOfGrey »

Hallagad of Pelor

All caught up, so I'll start posting IC now. I noticed his character sheet has no background or artwork, so I'll work on that as soon as I get some time.

The paladin shakes his head, seemingly awakening from a long reverie. A new light appears in his eyes, as if he's taken on a new life. While he mourns the loss of his companion, he knows that there will be time for proper farewells in the future... hopefully. No time now to concern himself with the dead, now is the time to protect the living.

He tightens the strap on one leg greave. "An expert on the lower planes I am not," he says to no one in particular, "but I have heard that if one dies in the Hells, that is where one's soul stays. I pray that that is not true, for the monk's sake."
Norrin, Son of Thorrin, Faerun Adventures
Gorbaff Ironsword, Nono's Miralia Campaign

Reality is that part of the imagination that we all agree on.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex adds, "I think with several Rings of Regeneration we can get the group healed up nicely and move out when ready. I can bring up the rear as I think you guys have done this before and I don't know where I'm going. IF you want me leading just give me directions as we make our way."

Arex gets his ring of regeneration and verifies its marking as his, once everyone is done using it and puts it in his Bag of holding. He draws his weapons and puts his ring of invisibility on.

"Ready to go", whispers Arex.
Last edited by Cwreando on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Dram »

Odillo- Malibran and Tanner do you want to use my ring? I shall hold one of your rings if have one on each hand already.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”