Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

Zhym
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

#301 Post by ravenn4544 »

Was it implied that we rested here or just took a second to search?

We can continue down this hallway if folks would like. There is also that female voice from the darkness we ran into by the large statue that might be good to go back to when we are rested and ready. I'm not sure if there are any other paths to take.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Rex »

Xale is fine either way, we are already here so may as well just continue down the hallway.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Zhym »

ravenn4544 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:16 pm Was it implied that we rested here or just took a second to search?
You have not yet attempted to rest.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will re cast resist fire upon himself before proceeding down the hall..

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by Rex »

Xale

Xale will move down the hall as well.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#306 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The mage will take the gem (unless Hallagad took it) and the wand, giving each of them a quick once-over, mainly to see of there are any markings or anything to give a clue what they might be. He will then follow along, further down the hallway, carrying Tanner.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by AleBelly »

Hallagad puts on his familiar armor, happily ceding the gem to Risdac. He calls after Xale. "I neglected to mention, for this place may be affecting my memory: You may wish to lend the ring to Tanner. It shall bring him back, too. But I lent the ring to you for now. It is your decision."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Rex »

Xale

"I think it is affecting all our memories my friend. I forgot about the ring." Xale moves over and slips the Ring of Regeneration on Tanner's finger.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Urson »

Tanner
Tanner is motionless for a few seconds, then suddenly takes a deep gasp of air. He doesn't speak, but his eyes are open and aware.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran watches as life returns to the still soul of his comrade. "That ring is indeed a useful tool! It can greatly aide our quest! I am heartened!"

With that, he kneels next to Tanner. He places his hands on the head and heart of the ravaged body of the warrior. "Mighty Pholtus! Our need is dire and our quest is Just! I pray for your gifts to return life to his Noble Warrior!"

He prays quietly further and a warm intense glow forms around the man. His wounds seem to scab, heal and disappear. Some scars, though, will yet remain...

Malibran Heals Tanner for all but [1d4] = 1

OOC: that's the last of my more powerful spells (heal / raise dead / etc) until we rest.....

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Zhym »

Sorry, folks, the ring isn't that fast. Please see the OOC thread, but basically: it heals 1 HP/turn whether you're dead or not. The ring will raise Tanner after about two hours of healing.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by Zhym »

Xale puts Hallagad's Ring of Regeneration on Tanner. The fighter's mangled, bloody mess of bone fragments and cartilage slowly starts to coalesce again into something resembling a person. But the process is slow—it will be a couple of hours before Tanner returns to anything resembling life.

Risdac inspects the wand. It'is like a toothpick in the giant's hand. The wand is made of ash, but has no markings. Better than markings, though, Risdac can remember seeing the thing in action. And maybe he can remember what the creature said when it used the wand...

With some time to—pardon the expression—kill, Xale and Malibran explore down the hall past the closed doors to explore the aft-ward, open chambers. These chambers contain only moldy, fly-covered compost and mundane supplies. An open-mouthed snake head, just like the ones you've seen in other rooms, juts from the aft wall at the end of the hall.

Map:
Demonwing 20-07-14.png
Demonwing 20-07-14.png (352.94 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): DEAD (-12/107); Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 89/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 43/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex)
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Continual light mirror (Rool)

Scott308

#313 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The mage sets the wand on the floor. The creature uttered the words, "Baj rau vot" to activate the wand.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Scott308

#314 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

If nobody shows an interest in the wand, Risdac will pick it up. Do we feel that we should rest now, or continue onward? I have not used many of my spells, but I know that Malibran has used some powerful spells; I do not know what others still have available. If we do rest, the ring will have time to do its job on Tanner.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Rest is a good idea, I am down to my last healing spell."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran agrees, "Time is of the essence, but without our abilities, we will be sorely pressed for sure! Let us take a brief respite and gather our strength"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Zhym »

You make plans to settle in for at least the couple of hours it will take Tanner to revive with the help of Hallgad's magic ring.

Are there any preparations, precautions, or protections you want to lay down, or should I just move the time forward (with whatever rolls are appropriate)?

Also, Tanner has one of the regen rings. According to the character sheets, Arex also has one. Is he continuing to wear it, or is he loaning it out? (Apologies if that's already been discussed and I've forgotten it.)

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): DEAD (-11/107); Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 89/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 43/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex)
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Continual light mirror (Rool)

Scott308

#318 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The mage settles in for a rest.

Risdac doesn't have any spells that can help during a rest. He can take whatever watch.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Rex »

Xale

Xale settles in for rest and meditation.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will cast a glyph of warding in the room below the grate to warn of any unwelcome visitors.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”