Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

#241 Post by Zhym »

Arex hollers, "What do you see up there, folks?!"

"Nothing yet," answers Xale.

"Croak-ribbit-croak," adds Tanner.

One round elapses.

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 69/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 76/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 74/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.4 turns
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Continual light mirror (Rool)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Zhym »

Xale yells down his plan. "I think he may be insane, driven that way by being trapped here. I am going to attempt to get the wand from him."

A few moments later, you hear a sound like something metallic smashing or crashing, accompanied by a grunt from Xale. "I need some help right now!" he yells.

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 69/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 76/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): ??/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.3 turns
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Continual light mirror (Rool)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#243 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Someone help! I'll lift!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Master Thief

Rool approaches Risdac, gets his attention, and whispers, "Lift me up so I can see what happened. I'll go invisible using my ring."

OOC: Rool will switch his Ring of Protection +2 with his Ring of Invisibility. He will keep his Ring of Fire Resistance on.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Zhym »

Hallagad speaks up for the first time in what seems like forever. "They need me up there! Quick! Send me up!"

Scott308

#246 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Grabbing Hallagad, the giant lifts him through the opening. You're next, Rool!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran casts dispel magic (or had) on the area of the frog. I don't know how effective he'd be fighting if he stayed that way :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Zhym »

Risdac hoists Hallagad into the space over the room, then reaches for the now-invisible Rool. Above, the sounds of a mighty ruckus continue.

Xale and Tanner only:
Xale calls for help as he attempts to smash the surprisingly strong figure with his hammer. Tanner, returned to his human form, leaps forward with his blade. They each get only one blow in before the figure pounds Xale with its fists again (-33 HP), sending Xale flying across the room and down through the opening into the room below. His body lands in a crumpled, lifeless heap at Risdac's feet.

Hallagad arrives in the upper space just in time to see Xale hurled down. The Paladin rushes forward, adding his blade to Tanner's against their foe. They each strike with solid blows, but the white-hiared figure still seems only barely injured. The gargantuan beast you faced not long ago was more affected by your strikes than this pipsqueak seems to be!

With Xale dead, the figure grins again with a mouth full of pointy, yellowed teeth. It looks quickly between Tanner and Hallagad, deciding who to kill next. Clearly, it is enjoying the carnage.
After a moment, Xale's body flies out of the hole to crash in a crumpled, lifeless heap at Risdac's feet.

FYI, I had Malibran's Dispel Magic take effect last round.
-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 69/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 76/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): DEAD/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.2 turns

Scott308

#249 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Seeing the body of their companion fall to the floor, the mage is done playing with their foe. Standing on tiptoes and craning his neck, he attempts to spot the mysterious creature. If he is able to see it, he will cast Flesh to Stone on it.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran hardens his gaze at the damaged body of Xale. With no time for lengthy spell casting at the moment, he will try to boost the protection on Risdac and lend what aid he can.

Cast protection of evil on Risdac

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Zhym »

The sounds of battle continue from above. Risdac cranes his neck and stands on his toes to peer through the hole in the ceiling. As he does, Malibran casts a spell to protect him with evil. Sorry, from evil. Malibran is definitely not a secret agent of darkness among you. As far as you know.

The deceptively frial-looking figure turns on Hallagad, mauling him with a powerful blow from a bony fist (-23 HP). Hallagad tries to counterattack, but his holy sword slips from his grasp! He quickly recovers his sword and steps back. (Fumble; 2nd attack of the round lost.)

Tanner presses the attack with two sharp cuts of his sword, one seemingly deep. His opponent is only starting to show the effects of all these attacks. The gargantuan beast you fought not long ago didn't take hits as well as this weak-looking thing![/ooc]

Risdac decides he is done playing around. He casts a spell meant to turn the thing's flesh into stone. The figure's pale white skin turns gray and speckled. It grows wide, stony, batlike wings. Its hands grow claws. When the transformation is complete the frail-looking figure has indeed turned into stone—but as a gargoyle!

It looks itself over and nods, pleased with the transformation, and turns its attention back to the paladin.

Actions?

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 69/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 53/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): DEAD/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.1 turns; Protection from Evil (Malibran, on Risdac): 3.9 turns

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will ask Risdac, "Can you lift me up there to help? Would that help?"

Meanwhile, trying to take advantage of a few precious seconds, he will try to assist the fallen Xale. Using his powerful gift, he will pray for the Favor of Pholtus to breathe life and vigor back into Xale!

He'll use his rod from of resurrection on Xale

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Urson »

Tanner
Snarling in something that could be Gaelic, Tanner presses the attack.
att[1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 THAC0 4
att[1d20+3] = 20+3 = 23 THAC0 4
sword[1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11
sword[1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11 x2=22

LOL wut?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Zhym »

Malibran kneels over Xale's lifeless body. Holding forth his Rod of Resurrection and speaking the holy words Memento Vitalum, the priest of Pholtus returns the priest of Dalt from the dead! Xale climbs to his feet, once again at full strength and ready to fight!

Meanwhile, the battle above rages on at Tanner and Hallagad face off against the incredibly strong creature that seemed like it would be so weak. Tanner snarls something in Gaelic and scores two devastating hits—at least, they would be devastating to most creatures. This one just sneers and keeps fighting. Hallagad also deals two powerful blows against his foe (39 dmg). The creature is now heavily winded. One more round like this one should finish it off!

But the enemy gets its turn first. It punches Tanner with a blow that leaves the fighter breathless (-27 HP), then follows with a deadly uppercut to the jaw CRITICAL HIT: -54 HP). Tanner's body lands next to the reviving Xale. The monster turns to Hallagad, who it is now fighting one-on-one, at least for the moment.

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): DEAD (-12/107); Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 53/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.1 turns; Protection from Evil (Malibran, on Risdac): 3.9 turns

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Rex »

Does Xale have his spells still?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Zhym »

Yes.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Risdac, can you get me back up there?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran rushes over to Tanner to lend what aide he can - but the aide that Tanner needs will have to wait.... He calls up the hole "Can you call come down and we fight it together?"

He's uncertain of joining up the hatch if such monumental healing will be required....

Scott308

#259 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The giant will lift Xale back into the fray.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Zhym »

The battle seems like it may be nearing its end—one way or another. Risdac lifts Xale back into the "attic" area where the fighting is (Xale can attack next round). Xale arrives just in time to see the little whatever-it-is smash Hallagad with two punches that leave the paladin little more than a lump of bloody flesh and broken bones that once resembled a man (-69 HP—Hallagad dead).

The creature turns toward Xale...

Actions?

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): DEAD (-12/107); Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): DEAD (-15/93); Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 3.9 turns; Protection from Evil (Malibran, on Risdac): 3.7 turns

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”