Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Endeavor

Re: OOC talk

#242 Post by Endeavor »

NJWilliam wrote:Costumes from the festival?
that's snappy thinking

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#243 Post by NJWilliam »

Thanks.

How about: height, weight, eyes, garb, weapons

Were they early, on time, or late for shift change?
Who scheduled the shifts?
Who knew about the shifts?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#244 Post by Stonjuz »

I still think the thing to ask the last guard alive....
What did the attackers say they were going to do with the discs?
would be helpful

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#245 Post by Computer +1 »

They couldn't say anything because of the silence spell.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#246 Post by Stonjuz »

oops, yea, i'd be a terrible csi

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#247 Post by NJWilliam »

Maybe they said something and couldn't be heard but a dwarf could read lips?
Okay, maybe that's a stretch.
How about gestures or thieves cant?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Endeavor

#248 Post by Endeavor »

Not that I really mind as I do enjoy savoring the details of the game however if we question at this rate, it will probably be an actual week b4 we get out of the Engineer's Guild. Maybe we should speed it a bit? I'm all for asking my question with some edit to it just to move things along and then someone else, using that answer, can ask the next one?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#249 Post by Stonjuz »

i will be attending my local games convention this coming weekend. bwtween thurs-sunday.
so , i may be absent from any posting
Ill try to post something, but no promises.

Endeavor

#250 Post by Endeavor »

Stonjuz wrote:i will be attending my local games convention this coming weekend. bwtween thurs-sunday
Have fun! No singing! :D

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#251 Post by Computer +1 »

Endeavor wrote:Not that I really mind as I do enjoy savoring the details of the game however if we question at this rate, it will probably be an actual week b4 we get out of the Engineer's Guild. Maybe we should speed it a bit? I'm all for asking my question with some edit to it just to move things along and then someone else, using that answer, can ask the next one?
I totally agree. I know I want to maximize question planning time but I think I am just getting taking too long. Lets all just go for it and keep it moving!

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#252 Post by Stonjuz »

I know it seems I'm not posting, but Evan's totally disappointing song, has left him 'gun shy' and he just wants to stay out of the way of any progress the others are extracting from the questioning.
He is there, eyes open, but not of much help at the moment.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by NJWilliam »

I saw a symbol of tentacles. at least eight adorning their clothing, so i surmise it must be a squid or octopus.
Pirates!

From the Ancient Kingdoms World materials:
Pirates of the Southern Sun
Along the southern coast of Thaaed, is a long sea that connects the two massive oceans of Edus. The seas are broken up by islands, jetties and peninsulas of land from both Thaaed and from the Southern Continent. This sea connector, and series of cliffs and peninsulas, is the claimed territory of the Southern Sun Pirates.
The Southern Sun is a fleet of drakkars, galleons, sloops and
warships from far off exotic coasts, captured and manned by bloodthirsty pirates and privateers. The Southern Sun is ran by a council of pirates, called the “Eight Arms” and the symbol is a sunburst with eight octopus arms coming off it in golden glory.
The council of Eight Arms is made up of all the Commodores and Admirals of the Pirates of the Southern Seas. Each Council member commands at least six ships, and often the numbers sit in the twenties. Each ship flies the Council lord’s flag, along with a smaller flag of the Council of Eight Arms underneath it. This marks the vessel as a true pirate and often means the prey it’s locked onto will indeed lose its cargo, and maybe its life.
Each southern coastal country has its share of its own Southern Sun Pirate Commodore, and it is rare one Pirate lord will terrorize the same country as the other. The pirate Lords rarely team up and can be found fighting each other for sea hunting grounds and fighting over safety lanes. When the countries that line the southern coast strike back with fleets of naval ships, Things change within the different pirate gangs. The pirates have been known to band together to protect each other and the right to piracy.
Once a year, the Pirate Lords come together to the council of Eight Arms at a private location to discuss treaties, declare war, and pick which country they intend on pirating from. This meeting can last anywhere from five minutes to seven weeks and has yet to be disturbed by Naval fleets finding the location.
AWESOME! Now, which one of you have ever been to the Southern Sea, and/or know about the Pirates of the Southern Sea? no? anyone?....ok then :)
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#254 Post by Shonuff »

I really hate when people do the "blah**" in my games in face to face,
but I agree, it will speed things along in a PBP. definitely.

There I hope that post helped speed things along..i summarized the maximum amount of info you'd get.

**= One PC goes into deep Rp dialogue with me(DM) and garners information, key to the adventure, he returns to the other people at the table, and goes " My character repeats .."blah" without actually SAYING what he/she learned...knowing the others at the table heard in ooc by sitting at the table, but instead of giving the character's interpretation of what they heard..

in FTF it's annoying..but yeah PBP it takes FOREVER, i agree for the "blah" in this case..

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#255 Post by Computer +1 »

Thanks for the speed boost!

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#256 Post by NJWilliam »

Well, got the pirate clothes, but not the ship!
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#257 Post by Shonuff »

ok Ston.. what is it you don't get, about these badges..

You can break laws that would normally get you thrown into the dungeons simply by flashing your badges to authorities if you're all caught.

you don't kick in a door flashing the badge like a cop..
you get to act like the Punisher.. or a SEAL team.. going into homes.. threatening or killing even if need be.
Essentially, it'll stymie the law and keep them off your back in town, long enough to find the disks.
You can find information from informants by throwing them against walls, putting them to swordpoint, dangling them off the Bridge by their feet... you can go into a store that may have fenced the disks and toss the shop, break stuff, go into the back and kick in the PRIVATE door. If the Watch shows up.. "diplomatic immunity" you walk away scott free.
Can you steal? yes
can you kill? yes
can you break laws? yes

Will you? tthat's up to your alignment, but the point of the badges is that you have the authority to!

now, you can't kill the watch.. or dispatch guards, that would be a diplomatic incident. but if the guards are dirty or the attempt to kill you , you can kill them in defense.. it'll be a diplomatic paperwork nightmare, but the dwarves can deal with that. Your job is to find the disks.. however...BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, you can. the badges keep the law off your back if they walk in on you guys doing something..."questionable"

that clear it up?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#258 Post by Stonjuz »

perfectly, 8-)
i had got it prior. I/the player gets it, but Evan does have a slight alignment issue. Sort of like when a rookie cop learns that there might be corruption in his division.

if we find out, at the end of the movie, that the chief of police was in on it from the start...well... ;)

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#259 Post by Shonuff »

ok , so someone tell me:

who is going where,
with who
and for What purpose?

or are you all meeting up in a group all together?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#260 Post by Stonjuz »

Rotten wrote"I've taken into consideration everyone's input and think that the first group to check out the relic shop should consist of myself, Evan and Arjiri. They can play the part of prospective buyers and I can play their bodyguard. Evan and Arjiri have already shown that they can work together well as a team working the crowd in the Blackened Dragon. The second group will consist of Simmons, Mouse, and Trarth. Mouse, you are going to need to stick close enough to the other two to let them know if you need help. Otherwise, do your thing on the street. Trarth might even be able to get involved in a boxing match to gain the locals trust. Simmons, you can play Trarth's manager if it comes to that. This accounts for splitting up the Dwarven speakers and hopefully everyone is in agreement."

"We may get new leads once we visit the crime scene and can adjust as needed. So let's go."

This was our, er....Murdock's plan.
As far as I know Evan is to meet him and Arjiri at the relic shop. Since Arjiri left already, Evan is happy to accompany Murdock to our mission but will need to make a stop at the pawnbroker. Exactly which relic shop are we to meet at? I have no idea, Mouse had that info? Hopefully he told it to Murdock, but Im almost certain Evan can find the relic shop area and they should at least be able to find him, hiding in plain sight.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows”