Exploring the 'Guineaman'.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Exploring the 'Guineaman'.

#761 Post by Spearmint »

Guineaman goodbyes.

Decisions made, the party abandon ship. The spartan loot is loaded in the jolly boat, piled in wrapped sailcloth like crates of smuggled goods. Rene offers a likely hiding niche before the stuff can be appraised and sold off. Some row to shore, others navigate 'three sheets to the wind', using each other as crutches to hobble the jetty planks. The yawning gaps are egress ed without mishap and despite the reeking smell and grisly looks, the Militia guard turn another blind eye to your return to harbour. A clink of coins get exchanged as they remark, "See told you no place for a woman. She ain't here. Must a got nibbled inside." Old Plighty gets frisked of his 10gp wager but the others are waved through as the guards hold noses.

In the middle of the might few hostels are open but Vladric of the Grinning Ogre opens a stable block and on bales of hay the exhausted party collapse.

During the next few days, the party report back for duty on the newly refitted McGregor's Revenge. Some of the party are affected by a wasting disease from the necrotic touch of the mummy. It takes some prayer and fasting, not to mention an offering tithe to rid the charisma draining leprous infection.

Rene is appraised and offered signing on terms to join the crew as a cabin boy. His crafting skills shortly to be in high demand.

Everyone heals fully and experiences gained. Rumours abound among the crew of what happened, blag as you see fit.

Treasure chest forum contains info on end of exploration rewards. Post for any final actions or deliberations.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#762 Post by Stirling »

Szmodics

Takes the respite of the stable, wrapping himself in a dry horse blanket and using any fishing nets to string up a makeshift hammock if there is not enough space. During the next days he will revisit the Flint Street Forge and pick up his new armour now it has had time for the fire proof resin to soak in. He has some extra shopping he would like to get, some 'artisan tools' if you know what I mean. Other than that he is healed up, levelled up and ready to go again.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#763 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sig digs in his purse for a few gold coins to spread amongst the guards on the docks as the group leaves the area. (60gp deducted from sheet, 5 coins each)

He speaks to them quietly for a moment before heading back to his private room in town. There he, Gin, and Face get some much needed rest and share a nice big breakfast once they arise again.

Sorry, almost forgot about this one.
He catches up to Ferrol on the way back.
Monsieur Rose wrote:Ferrol

Somehow the waterlogging and bruising only serve to make the chiseled elf look even more dashing. He repositions the large duffel of coins on his shoulder and buttons his tax coat. "Sig. I'd like to keep that hand for research, if you don't need it."
"Sorry friend, but I got big plans for this little critter. I'm dying to see what makes it tick myself, so if ye'd like to pair up on some research sometime, just let me know. And if ye want one fer yerself so badly, I think there were still a few of them skittering around on the deck of that cursed ship. Maybe you could talk one of these gents inta going back fer a hand along with the silver?"

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#765 Post by Leitz »

The next day; after a good clean up, washing his clothes and gear, eating and drinking his fill, Stubble takes the bag of gun parts around to any reputable gunsmiths. He's happy to by a brew, or lunch, for the time to talk and understand better how the weapons work. What he's really after is figuring how to fire a cannon via flintlock ignition.

Of course, having a backup trade and a brace of reliable pistols wouldn't hurt, either.
OOC: Not sure how much pistols cost, but if a good gunsmith is helpful and educational, Stubble will shop there.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#766 Post by shaidar »

Bluehorse wrote:Rexlin

The grizzled veteran will notice Alderhay and the gold tooth he has. Hey guy, what would you trade for that?
Alderhay shrugs "That depends on what it does, I'll let you know after I've had it's magic examined"

Once Alderhay has returned to safety he literally collapses into a bunk and sleeps off the effect of the ogre potion. When he finally awakens he cleans himself up and goes to visit Mr Perryman, to see if he is interested in identifying the tooth's properties for him.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#767 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin
shaidar wrote:
Bluehorse wrote:Rexlin

The grizzled veteran will notice Alderhay and the gold tooth he has. Hey guy, what would you trade for that?
Alderhay shrugs "That depends on what it does, I'll let you know after I've had it's magic examined"

Once Alderhay has returned to safety he literally collapses into a bunk and sleeps off the effect of the ogre potion. When he finally awakens he cleans himself up and goes to visit Mr Perryman, to see if he is interested in identifying the tooth's properties for him.
The... what? Look I can get you a nice pistol, in the deal when you are ready to talk.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#768 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ferrol

"I'll take you up on that offer to collaborate, Sig. Where are you staying? To be honest, I didn't spend much time here before heading out with you guys."

Ferrol pauses when Sig suggests heading back to the ship to pick over the remains. "Interesting. Maybe I will."

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#769 Post by Hotgoblin »

Iggway will visit one of the local temples to aid herself in healing from the necrotic effects of De LaVega’s touch. She would also like 6 vials of holy water.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#770 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc goes with Iggway and offers the following "Iggway I think Gaston and Roger could be of great use to you in your efforts of making of healing potions from snake venom. If they are willing I would be open to letting them go and help you. They have done a lot to help save my hide already."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#771 Post by Spearmint »

The next day everyone rises to balm bruises and better themselves. Whilst the McGregor's Revenge is being refitted you have a final couple of days to recuperate and make last minute shopping, drinking, whoring and prayers.

Experiences gained and treasure shared, the ghostly galleon becomes a distant memory as characters hone skills and prepare for the next adventures.

I will close this thread and conclude in town actions in the Nicholls Freeport in the 'Pirating in the islands' thread.

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”