Chapter 2: Hell's Back Road

Pulpatoon
rossik
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chapter 2: Hell's Back Road

#161 Post by rossik »

"Thats a nice show of lights, little Karas", say Doctor Gori to his newfound pet.
Cocking his bow, he fires against the armored figure

[1d20] = 10 (i didnt find the atribute bonus i should use. Not dex, right? +3 for Wis, i believe, so it would be 13)

[1d8] = 3
Last edited by rossik on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Pulpatoon »

rossik wrote:(i didnt find the atribute bonus i should use. Not dex, right? +3 for Wis, i believe, so it would be 13)
Correct. WIS for ranged weapons! Please roll 1d8 for damage, just in case.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Zhym »

Bubba, freed of his bonds, tries to help the other bound prisoners get free. "Hey, guys," he says in a casual tone of voice, "I don't want to be bossy, but we might want to run, okay?"

Do I need a roll to help someone else get free?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Pulpatoon »

If you're trying to break the binds with your hands, it'll be a STR check, meet or beat 16. If you have a knife (you don't, but one of the charmed might be talked into giving you one) you can free them automatically.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#165 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galot sighs and goes for the brute force method of trying to break free of his bindings.

STR [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Anurak RIP

As Anurak is callously incinerated in a blinding flash of electricity, he thinks besottedly, "Wow! She's so powerful! What an awesomely hot girlfriend!" Then, the token that Yoothrandra gave him melts in his pocket and his tiny brain boils away, leaving nothing but a chargrilled corpse, a lot of ash, and a vague imprint of his final thoughts of puppy-dog love and adoration seared as if through over-exposure onto Urethria's brain. We may never know whether this has any effect on the Priestess of Nul at all but perhaps, when it is quiet and she is alone, she might feel a pang of something for what she has done.

Sigh! Poor Anurak. The course of true love never did run smooth.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#167 Post by rossik »

(OOC: edit it with the damage)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Pulpatoon »

Operation: Unfathomable! Day Three: Late Afternoon
"12... 13...

Doctor Gori's bolt sails over the head of the last armored figure, even as Urethria's decapitates push it over and use their javelins to pry off its head. Sparks and wiring spill out.

"11... 10..."

Urethria directs her decapitates to break the rest of her force our the the foam, and also zeroes in on the Sword of Demolition as the source of the countdown. Unstrapping it from the decapitate's backpack, she examines it with a furrowed brow. She then looks back to the captured/charmed party, and, still carrying the sheathed sword, starts marching back to them. "What manner of foolishness is this? I demand and explanation! Why does your weapon intone numbers so? Tell me, you jackanapes!"

"9... 8... 7..."

Bubba, realizing that the party is still within the blast radius of the sword, encourages his comrades to flee, but does not take his own advice quite yet. He considers helping Galot, the only other person to be bound up. But the mushroom-brains aren't always the snappiest at decision-making, and just watches as Galot continues to struggle with his bonds.

"6... 5..."

The party is 40' away from the bridge. Urethria is heading your way, and is about 20' away. You have five seconds to do something.

ACTIONS!
Next update: Wednesday! EDIT: Thursday
Last edited by Pulpatoon on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjulius
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#169 Post by mjulius »

Wither Whither, his undead head peering from Doctor Gori’s sack:
Attachments
B2627F73-E68F-463A-B984-669C19BBEAF7.gif
B2627F73-E68F-463A-B984-669C19BBEAF7.gif (108.64 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Wither Whither
Citizen Lich, Level 2; Hit Points: 5
STR +2/12 DEX +3/13 CON +1/11 INT +6/16 WIS +2/12 CHA +3/13

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#170 Post by rossik »

"Boy oh boy, living head, i think we should move"

Doctor Gori had seen blasts before. They never count up, always down. He will see his options and analise:
1- be quick, or be dead
2- if not enough space to run, he will take cover. maybe he can get the corpses of the robots as a barrier?

Does he think as any of those as better than the other?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#171 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galot tries to break free and run away from all foes....

STR [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Zhym »

Bubba thinks. It's hard to do, and it hasn't gotten any easier since the stuff in his head turned into mushrooms. Hey, maybe his mushroom brain is why the hypno-lady couldn't take over his mind! That's something he might have thought if he were more clever.

But he's not. He's Bubba, former guard, wearer of the lavender.

"I said RUN!" he shouts as he runs at Urethria. He hopes he can at least stop her from getting any closer to the others. If they're very, very lucky, maybe she'll wonder why he's charging her and run away. Maybe.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Pulpatoon »

"I said RUN!" cries Bubba, sprinting towards the approaching priestess of Nul.

"Boy oh boy, living head, i think we should move" Dr. Gori says to the remains of Wither. He takes off in the opposite direction from Bubba. Krodok is close on Gori's heels.

"5... 4..."

Galot loses some time tearing himself free from his bonds, but then he, too takes off after the others.

"3..."

Urethria halts her march as she sees Bubba running in her direction. Assuming that he is rushing to answer her summons, she shakes the Sword of Demolition at him impatiently. "You blithering simpleton! Tell me immediately exactly what is the nature of..."

Bubba, mushroom-brained but stout-hearted, collides into Urethria, knocking her off her feet. He turns to look back through the dim light of the Underworld, and sees the receding figures of his comrades on this strange trip. He thinks his gambit worked.

"2... Goodbye."

Dice: Brilliant red and orange fire erupts from the sword, swallowing Urethria and Bubba, and roiling out to consume Yithbara, Dr. Thontorious, and the remains of Professor Gormontine and his robots. Gurzubar turns and hires his eye-beam into the fire before he is overcome. The wall of fire rushes towards the fleeing adventurers, catching up with Galot, who disappears in the conflagration.

Doctor Gori, panting and exhasuted, comes to a rest about twenty feet past the perimeter of the fire ball. It is like standing in front of a terrible furnace, and even though he is safe, it is distinctly uncomfortable to be so close. Nestled into his chest, a baby tyrannoclops mews with upset. To his left, Krodok rolls around on the ground, putting out the burning sparks in his shaggy hide. From his sack, Gori feels a rustling and hears Wither's voice: "I... I'm feeling better. Could you let me out?"

Behind him, the fire burns down. The cavern is black and ashen, and the glowing fungus in this area has been obliterated, leaving a section of darkness. Smoke chokes the air.

Something coughs and wheezes in the darkness. "You... you absolute bastards!" rings the voice of Urethria.

What?! Oh No! She's not down yet!

Bubba, Gurzubar, and Galot are dead, as are all the NPCs except Urethria and Krodok. Galot was only able to run 40' due to his also taking an action, last round. Everyone's damage total dipped them far enough below zero that I didn't think the Dismemberment rules were appropriate.

I hope you'll consider rolling up a new weirdo, and see what other grisly fates await those who seek the Nul Rod. Beyond a new human, you could also choose a Wooly Neanderthal, and Citizen Lich, or a Cave Otter!

And I bumped up Wither's regeneration, because waiting for a day to pass in PbP is proving to be way too long. Maybe he got a surge of magical energy from the blast? Welcome back Wither!

For those left:
ACTIONS!
Next update: Friday!

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#174 Post by rossik »

Doctor Gori take lil' Karas, Wither and make a sign to the wolly man to run all to the same safe spot. He will try to hide far away, or if they all are able too, keep running til lady funnyname is but a dot

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Pulpatoon »

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 10.21.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 10.21.10 AM.png (107.26 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
The red circle is the explosion site.
The blue arrow is the path the party has taken, today.

Where do you wish to run or hide?

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#176 Post by rossik »

am i East or West?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Pulpatoon »

You ran back the way you came, to the East.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#178 Post by rossik »

Gori will try to run crisscrossing (sort of). Like run to the left side, then straight, then right side, etc. he will try not o make a obvious path. also, he will try to convince their buddies do follow him

mjulius
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#179 Post by mjulius »

Wither Whither will do as Gori does, attempting not to throw his hip out.
Wither Whither
Citizen Lich, Level 2; Hit Points: 5
STR +2/12 DEX +3/13 CON +1/11 INT +6/16 WIS +2/12 CHA +3/13

Return to “Operation Unfathomable (Knave)”