CHAPTER 8b: West on the Long Route

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 8b: West on the Long Route

#21 Post by shaidar »

After a short discussion all but one of the people from the other group leave.

Silvestri gets Kurot's attention and signals 'all clear' and gestures for the group to move towards them.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by rossik »

MacMak walks back, a smile on his face. Everything is going to be alll right

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, 290D/81

After Silvestri, Denslow and MacMak regroup, their knowledge is communicated to the others.

Due to the nature of PbP, this is the most efficient way to convey their experience:

Norjax wrote:

The Long Route, 290D/81

Silvestri, Denslow, MacMak

You approach the crest of the hill and see four, armed people waiting to greet you.

Behind them, a mixture of people go about their business, unconcerned about your approach.

Forming a circle, are a dozen wagons with a defensive shield raised to the outside.

Inside the circle, are more people and their oxen used to pull the carts. The entire scene is of a traveling troop prepared to camp for the night.

Actions?

--
shaidar wrote:Silvestri nods at the four

"Greetings fellow travelers. We are peaceful folk looking to pass on by without trouble"
--
Norjax wrote:

The Long Route, 290D/81

“I am Kurhn, Captain of the Guard for the Exhalted Merchant Troop of Vildal En Tripalli,” begins the helmeted man in padded armor. “We greet you with the Fellowship of Merchant Hospitality. Our caravan is traveling into Lantica bound for Nuv Vano.”

The three other guards nod in agreement. Then, the tattooed man wearing a skull mask holds his right hand over his right eye and looks towards your companions 400 yards away.

Kurhn cocks his head, slightly, and then asks,“Where do you travel from?”

Actions?

--
shaidar wrote:"I am Silvestri. We have come from Hagalton, a few days travel behind us. You should be warned that there are Pigmonn raids all along this road, as well as other dangerous folk"
--
Norjax wrote:...

The Long Route, 290D/81

“We know that all too well,” the amazon with the metal fork, slung firearm and bone-white skin replies to Silvestri.

“We fought off a pigmonn troop just north of the Pah Addle Desert,” Kurhn adds. “Three of our party fell before we defeated the orks. Two days ago, we came across a carcass field of dreadtooth and pigmonn stripped of their equipment. Unfortunately the field attracted a flock of vorpal carrion birds. One of our older merchants was pierced by a vorpal beak before we drove them off.”

“What ammenities does this Hagalton offer?” the amazon asks.

Actions?

--

greyarea wrote:Denslow replies, Our condolences on your loss. We too lost a companion recently. Not to pigmonn nor vorpal carrion birds, but to devious and evil travelers. It is from that treachery that much of our party is wary of fellow travelers. We offered an olive branch, they replied with brambles. Please be not offended by our caution.

Hagleton is a smaller town but with much trade and good folk for all kind, plantient and others. You might be able to trade there.
--
Norjax wrote:...

The Long Route, 290D/81

“I’m sure our Merchant Primate will be interested in Hagaton’s possibilities,” the amazon concludes. She then addresses Kurhn, “It will confer with them.”

The amazon leaves along with the short, stocky pistol-armed individual who communicates with her in squeaks and clicks as they walk away.

“Thank you for your condolences,” Kurhn replies to Denslow. “We know all too well the dangers of overland travel and the necessity of precautions. You are welcome to make camp in proximity to ours.” He then offers, “The Primate will want to formally meet you at tonight’s feed. I will contact you after you’re settled in.” The masked guard mumbles something unintelligible.

“If you will excuse me now,” Kurhn adds. “I have duties with some other guardskin." He nods at you, offers a type of salute with his left hand and walks back into the wagon circle.

The masked guard remains. He does not speak nor acknowledge your presence. He slowly paces the ground and scans the area to the east of the marker stones, back towards your group.

Actions?

--
shaidar wrote:Silvestri looks at Denslow and Macmak

"That went well, shall we return to the group?"
rossik wrote:The hearing of the vorpal carrion birds makes MacMak shiver. He knows thats a bad omen, but he will keep it to himself.

"Sure, i dont think we could had a better result! I suggest we regroup"
greyarea wrote:I too agree, says Denslow. Perhaps we can trade with these folk here too.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, 290D/81

You make camp an appropriate distance from the merchant troop’s position. That night, you attend an end of the day feed (Supper) with the leader of the merchants, the Primate Vildal En Tripalli. Kurhn has informed you that she should be addressed as Primate (Her title) or The Honorable Vildal.

This mysterious mutant appears to walk on multiple legs hidden by a bulbous, cloth covering. Six arms ending in human-like hands sprout from her upper torso and appear to be in constant motion. A feminine voice emits from a multi-eyed face, but you cannot see a mouth. You are not even sure if she speaks to you in a psychic manner or through vocal cords.

The Primate, Kurhn, two guards and seven merchants are present at the meal. The dinner conversation is light, with talk about who they are and such. In short, they hail from Sval Thantos on the coast of the Exica Sea. Increased activity from the Karub Pirates has disrupted trade in Sval Thantos, so the merchant group decided to try their luck in Nuv Vano and the trade on the Eastern Sea.

OOC: This is an opportunity to ask questions and/or inquire about trade/ barter.

If there is nothing to discuss, we will conclude this encounter and you will depart in the morning for the Gam’A Zone.

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Points]:

Belial – 57/57 [2/9]
Bruce – 50/50 [12/12]
Denslow – 42/42 [16/16]
Frank – 63/63 [13/13]
Kurot –50/50 [10/15]
Ron – 69/69 [15/15]
Silvestri – 60/60 [13/14]

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by greyarea »

Greetings, Primate. Thank you for inviting us to this feast, says Denslow, who partakes of none of the food, unless they have topsoil he can tap. What types of things did your merchant group trade in Sval Thantos? I am not a trader, but we all have searched for goods for the local merchants in the area, with varying degrees of success. We are headed now on such an expedition. Perhaps you have items we could use to aid us in our explorations.

How many day's journey is Sval Thantos from here? I've never seen the sea, western or eastern.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, 290D/81

“We ply various imports from in and around the Exica Sea,” the Primate answers Denslow. “Some quick examples; salt and dried fish meats from the Exica Sea, fungal extracts from the Fungoid Forests, crystals from the Krebuxo Desert, fruits from Co Mixa, intoxicants from Ol Ubar, fish egg paste from species in the Lightning Sea, pottery from Ot Anukam, metal pots and utensils from the Jag Oru Coast.” She then rattles her arms in unison before continuing. “I’m not sure I understand your request for ‘expedition aid’. Are you short of foodstuff and liquid nourishment?”

They offer Denslow a sample of enriched top soil from Co Mixa.

The Primate adds, “It took our group around 35 days to travel that distance. A party, such as you, could probably make it in 25 days or so, assuming you travel the Long Route and its tributaries”

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Points]:

Belial – 57/57 [2/9]
Bruce – 50/50 [12/12]
Denslow – 42/42 [16/16]
Frank – 63/63 [13/13]
Kurot –50/50 [10/15]
Ron – 69/69 [15/15]
Silvestri – 60/60 [13/14]

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by greyarea »

We are not in need of nourishment, although this topsoil is quite fine. I would love a sack of this for my travels, says Denslow. Now that we have a clearer knowledge of your wares, my friends and I will see about trades, if they are interested. I am only interested in the soil at this time.

Actually, if you will allow the breeze to blow my leaves a different direction, what would it take to get a copy of a map of the Long Route and its tributaries, including information on dangers and curiosities you've encountered along the way?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, 291-292D/81

One of the merchants offers Denslow a sack of Co Mixa soil for 5gp.

Denslow is given a crude map, similar to this:

The Long Route and its tributaries are marked by the reddish line.

--

On the morning of day 291, you bid the merchants farewell and continue to the Gam’A Zone.

Return to the Tunnels...

Return to “Archive”