Sounds like a great trip
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Word on the streets: OOC pt 3

#202 Post by Scott308 »

Bluehorse wrote:My wife is a Detroit girl herself. I know things... :lol:
Detroit proper or a suburb?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#203 Post by Cwreando »

I’m a Missourian. :).
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Dram »

I am a Michigander myself living in the thumb of North of Lapeer/Flint area. Have any you Michiganders ever been to the "Red Dragon" it is near Otisville Mich.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#205 Post by tarlyn »

Here in Montreal we have a tavern called "Le Dragon Rouge". Medieval and kind of pricy. Their burger is really good, but expensive. It

is a larger than normal burger and very spicy. You need to make reservations to get in.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#206 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here in the town i am in there is a bar called "One Main Tap & Grill" there is another called "Black Krim Tavern" and a 3rd called "Echo Whiskey Pub"
I honestly haven't been in any of them except the first one when they were still under the original name of "Ashley's Bar" and it was kinda a dump back then.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#207 Post by Scott308 »

Dram wrote:Have any you Michiganders ever been to the "Red Dragon" it is near Otisville Mich.
I have not been there, but it looks like a pretty good game store.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:
I am foggy on directions but I knew that their main landmark for getting home was Tiger's Stadium

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Bluehorse »

LOL! I guess I am the only Southern Boy here? Born and raised in Oklahoma, now traveling between Fort Smith and Little Rock for work. a 3 hour commute is hell but the check is nice so no real complaints. :)

GreyWolfVT

#210 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well we do have a canadian too Brett so you're not the only "solo" one ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#211 Post by tarlyn »

P.S as an afterthought... who is carrying Asad? LOL!

GreyWolfVT

#212 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tarlyn wrote:P.S as an afterthought... who is carrying Asad? LOL!
Some of Benham's skeletons are.

In other words a/the "Skelton crew" is.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#213 Post by tarlyn »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
tarlyn wrote:P.S as an afterthought... who is carrying Asad? LOL!
Some of Benham's skeletons are.

In other words a/the "Skelton crew" is.
1 point for you , sir ... LOL!

Scott308

#214 Post by Scott308 »

Dram wrote:Anuzal- Once Benham clears the room he checked. He opens the door next to it.
I believe this is where Benham actually is at the moment. He just checked the door to the east of the room he is shown as being in on the map. I didn't like that one unknown area being left behind.

Scott308

#215 Post by Scott308 »

Bluehorse wrote:
Scott308 wrote:
I am foggy on directions but I knew that their main landmark for getting home was Tiger's Stadium
So it sounds like she actually is from Detroit. Most people that say they are "from Detroit" are from one of the suburbs, but people have no clue what you are talking about if you tell someone not from the area you are from Livonia or Royal Oak.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Dram »

Yes the "Red Dragon " is pretty awesome game store. The same couple has owned since I was kid. They deal in everything from Magic cards to just about every RPG game(AxisStar Trek,Star wars, and All D&D games) you can imagine. And they carry pewter figurines to
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#217 Post by Scott308 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:sorry i was just really role playing a skeleton has no vocal cords or eyes so it really can't see granted i should have them bumping into things as well....but in this case I'm playing it sort of my way i guess you can say.
So...does this mean that if we fight skeletons, they will be unable to tell where we are?

GreyWolfVT

#218 Post by GreyWolfVT »

see that part i never really understood myself it should be like fighting a flind foe but then again animated skeletons might be like blind fighters they are honed in skill with a sense without seeing but as a spy that would be about useless to use one to "look" for something. in the sense of humor i could have also made them grab the wrong person rather than Asad. But I'm just trying my hand at making some "mild humor" as we go.

Scott308

#219 Post by Scott308 »

I always saw it as being magical. They were able to sense where things are via this magical "sight", allowing them to know where walls or coffins (and other obstacles) are, regardless of whether or not there is any light in the room. The skeleton would be useless to send in the room to search for something, but as a body that could set off traps if it were to trigger them by walking over/ through something, I figured it would be ideal. I think I have an idea what is going on in the room, and if I'm correct I don't believe the skeleton would have any effect on things anyway, but there could be a rune or tripwire or something it could trigger so we don't end up doing it ourselves.

GreyWolfVT

#220 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok well yes in that sense the skeleton came back in once piece and did not trigger anything however there may be things in the mirror room that affect beings with actual sight so that is something to consider.

Return to “Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)”