OOC Discussion and Table Talk III

Zhym
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: OOC Discussion and Table Talk III

#241 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac has Levitate, Fly, Dimension Door, Polymorph Self, Passwall, Teleport, and Polymorph any Object memorized, and I think when he rests he'll swap out Fire Shield for Polymorph Other.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by ravenn4544 »

Awesome. Do you think telekenesis is worth it? Could you use it pull something toward you? Like would that have worked with that crazy thing above us in the ceiling?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Zhym »

You could definitely use telekinesis to pull something toward you. The spell allows moving 25 lbs of material per level, so Risdac could push or pull something that weighs up to 425 lbs. There's also a speed accelleration aspect (i.e., it starts at 2" movement—20'/round—the first round, 4" the second, 8" the third, etc.).

If you're talking about trying to use telekinesis to force open stuck doors or locked grates—well, I'd have to think about that. I'm not sure whether a spell that can move a 425-lb object means you could also apply 425 lbs of force to something.

Scott308

#244 Post by Scott308 »

I never thought about trying to use Telekinesis to pull the creature through the hole where everyone could have gotten their whacks in. That could be useful at some point. I guess the question to ask is what would you replace to memorize it? Risdac can cast it with his staff, although it would only be at 8th level (200 pounds), but it is not in his spell book.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by ravenn4544 »

Good question on what to prioritize - i guess that's the gamble :). On the other hand, regardless of what you pick, HOPEFULLY we'll have the opportunity to switch up if needed (but probably not many more times). Like i said - no pressure :).

Only other suggestion I can think of is to consider an area spell that would effective against demons. Fireball probably not - and always a bit dangerous to the party and caster as I have come to find out. ahem. - but maybe cone of cold or something like that?

I look at the cleric options and try to focus on the healing spells as much as I can - raise dead obviously :) - and dispel magic to try and counter the spells thrown at us. But I have to tell you, the drop from 20th to 13th level is quite a kick in the teeth!

Scott308

#246 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac has Cloudkill and Cone of Cold, plus his staff can cast Lightning Bolt, Ice Storm, Whirlwind, and Conjure Elemental- all at 8th level. Plus a couple different Fireballs.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Rex »

I am just focusing on healing as much as possible for Xale.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by ravenn4544 »

Awesome - do demons or devils have resistances that we would know of? If so, we can steer clear of those spells. Another opportunity could be if we had the time to invest in it and didn't take away from something more urgent, is Fly spells combined with Permanancy on folks which would benefit greatly on maneuverability.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Zhym »

FYI, I think Malibran has already case Protection from Fire on himself today. It just expired. :)

Also, there was some OOC discussion about putting the ring of regeneration on Tanner, but nothing has been posted in the IC thread yet.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Zhym »

Scott308 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:47 pm Risdac Egargi

The mage will take the gem (unless Hallagad took it) and the wand, giving each of them a quick once-over, mainly to see of there are any markings or anything to give a clue what they might be. He will then follow along, further down the hallway, carrying Tanner.
Because the game updates so slow, I'll give you a hint/reminder about something you'd probably have picked up on if the pace were faster: the scrawny-looking dude fired that wand you after you first entered the room. Some of you might remember its effect. :)

Scott308

#251 Post by Scott308 »

It's clearly a Wand of Frogination, but Risdac is hoping there may be a command word carved on it.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Urson »

Crrrr-OOAAK!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Rex »

He must have been some sort of wicked witch.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by ravenn4544 »

that's a pretty good find :). Remember what we did to that big demon - froginating something nasty without a fuss is definitely a huge score :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Zhym »

Urson wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:04 pm Tanner
Tanner is motionless for a few seconds, then suddenly takes a deep gasp of air. He doesn't speak, but his eyes are open and aware.
Tanner isn’t back quite yet. The ring of regeneration brings people back from the dead, but it does it one HP at a time. It’ll take a couple of hours for Tanner to return to positive HP.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Urson »

OK- my bad. Just writing in a little color text, I guess. I'll treat him as comatose until told otherwise.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by ravenn4544 »

Would the heal spell work or does that need to happen after he hits a certain hp?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by ravenn4544 »

Should we wait a few hours so that the heal spell will work on him? Or we can save that action and drag him along with us for a bit more :)

Regardless, where to next?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Zhym »

Hey, all. Is there anything I can do to help move things forward?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by ravenn4544 »

Suggest that we explore this area before heading back down if we haven't done that yet. Buys us a little time for the heal spell to work on our dead comrade :)

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”