The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

#1 Post by Enoch »

This is the tavern. Located not far from the entrance, it has the customary common room and various lodgings for weary travelers. Full description and prices coming soon.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit walks up to the bar and asks to speak with the owner "Eh who be the owner of this fine establishment? Got an idea fer a brew based on me last adventure. Was wonderin' if I could make me brew being that it's a specialty that earned me clan namesake Treasurebrewer."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Zhym »

The dwarf behind the bar, a dark-skinned fellow with rust-colored hair and a beard tied into two long braids, looks up from cleaning a flagon."Gluin, son of Druin, at your service," he says with a slight bow. "I tend bar, make the meals, brew as much of the beer as I can—and make the beds in the rooms and empty the chamberpots, when needs must. So I suppose you could say I own this place as much as anyone can be said to own anything under the mountain."

"A specialty brew, you say? Well, you have my interest—though I should warn you that folks around here, they don't go in for specialty brews as a rule. I once bought a barrel of something called a 'pumpkin spice saison dubbel' from down south, and it went over like a pumice pickaxe. But what do you have in mind?"

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zhym wrote:The dwarf behind the bar, a dark-skinned fellow with rust-colored hair and a beard tied into two long braids, looks up from cleaning a flagon."Gluin, son of Druin, at your service," he says with a slight bow. "I tend bar, make the meals, brew as much of the beer as I can—and make the beds in the rooms and empty the chamberpots, when needs must. So I suppose you could say I own this place as much as anyone can be said to own anything under the mountain."

"A specialty brew, you say? Well, you have my interest—though I should warn you that folks around here, they don't go in for specialty brews as a rule. I once bought a barrel of something called a 'pumpkin spice saison dubbel' from down south, and it went over like a pumice pickaxe. But what do you have in mind?"
Galmit "Well met!" a hurmph of concern comes out as he hears the specialty brews remark "Eh nothin' like that I'm thinkin' a strong hoppy ale as it was a rough ordeal I'm thinkin' make it strong and surprisingly good. Aint nothin' I brew that ain't been good but yah know how some others are. I aint ne'er made nothin' fer anythin but our kin. Humans an elves may not like it but I think yah might just be able ta make er work ere." essentially it's an IPA.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Dram »

Neegan enters the tavern behind Galmit. Well met Gluin, son of Druin, I be Neegan Battleworx. He puts his hand out to shake his hand.I wolld like your largest mug of yer strongest of ale with a hardy meal fer my cuzin and me.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

Gluin son of Druin brightens. "Oh, that sounds all right then! Of course, the proof is in the brewing." He looks Galmit over while scratching the braids of his red beard. "I suppose I can take you on for a month. I've never had an apprentice, and it might be useful to have someone else around to help brew—and empty the chamber pots. Just don't do them both at the same time!" He laughs heartily at his little joke.

"I can pay you 15 gold for the month, plus free room and board here in my inn. In your free time, you can brew your special ale. Then we will see how it turns out. What do you say?"

OOC: It will take 30 days to brew the ale. During that time, Galmit will work as Gluin's apprentice, brewing batches of "normal" beer and ale. At the end of 30 days, I will roll a 1d20 INT check at -4. Success means the batch came out well and Gluin is impressed. Failure means the batch came out okay, but is nothing special. A roll of 20 means something went wrong in the brewing and Gluin becomes skeptical of Galmit's brewing ability.

Galmit can also attempt to brew his "special" tribute ale during that time. For that one, describe what's special about the ale and how it's a tribute to the expedition. I'll roll a 1d20 INT check, with a modifier based on your description (i.e., the better the story-telling, role-playing, etc., the better the modifier). If the check succeeds, Galmit gets the XP bonus. If not, the exierimental brew didn't quite work and has to be thrown out.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit "You got yerself a deal Gluin." the dwarf reaches a hand out to shake Gluin's hand he then chuckles about the joke "Heheh I'd never wanna make that mistake. Definitely a bad combination there eh...chamber pot and brew."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Zhym »

For the special ale, please post here role-playing what's special about the ale. I'll roll a 1d20 INT check, with a modifier based on your description (i.e., the better the story-telling, role-playing, etc., the better the modifier). If the check succeeds, Galmit gets the XP bonus. If not, the exierimental brew didn't quite work and has to be thrown out.

Thanks!

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Enoch »

A dwarf sitting at the bar a few stools down sniffs heavily and looks up from his stoneware mug. "A brewer, eh? A good trade, honorable. The Dwarrodelf makes good ale--" he nods his dark-braided head toward the barkeep at this-- "but this land could use some more good dwarf ale, surely. Ah, where are my manners? I've been so long from the clan-hall I've forgotten them. Gundri Gundrudson, at your service."

Saying this, he rises from his stool and bows deeply, steadying the ornate shield on his back as he does so.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit pulls out his personal stein looks like mahogany wood make on the side of his stein it says (Dwarven Ale Only!...none of that elvish stuff) on the other side is his clan crest a foaming mug with a treasure chest. "Aye! dwarf ale's tha only ale be touchin me lips. As the stein says none of that elvish stuff." he smiles and winks at Gundri. "Pleasure ta meet ya Gundri. Names Galmit of clan Treasurebrewer. Least thats what I changed me clan name ta after me brewin success."

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Enoch »

Gundri laughs heartily. "'Treasurebrewer', is it? I surely look forward to tasting your brew, then. I have no doubt you will bring your clan honor--it sounds like your family has quite the legacy, which can only mean good things for you! My family are smiths and masons on my father's side. Not enough to earn us a patronymic, perhaps, but my grandfather forged this, and gave it to my father, who gave it to me."

He unlimbers an ornate shield from his back and sets it in his lap, rubbing a brass figure in the center of the shield affectionately.

"Grungronbarak, she's called. One day I'll create even finer. But that's for the future."

He raises his hand to Gluin, son of Druin. "A mug of your finest for my new friend Galmit and me. And you, sir!," he says, calling out to Neegan. "I am afraid I did not catch your name, but was that the Clan Battleworx I heard you claim?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Dram »

Neegan- Answers Gundri. My father was a master weapons smith of the Iron hills. He pulls his Battle Axe from his side to show Gundri. This was my fathers. a fine piece of his weapon mastery. He see's the Gundri's shield. That is a fine shield.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Enoch »

Gundri nods politely as he slides a mug toward Neegan. "Weaponsmith, eh? That's a fine axe indeed, friend. I've no doubt you'll do your father proud."

He slides several empty stoneware mugs out of the way and sets Grungronbarak in their place. "This was forged by my grandfather, Guther. He carried it in battle until he fell, and my father Gundrud carried it until he fell in battle. It is my intent, therefore, to carry it until I, too, shall fall in battle.

"I have no heir at present, however, so may Moradin grant that is many years away yet!"
He breaks out in a great, booming laugh too large for the tavern as he lovingly strokes the brasswork.

His face grows serious, even solemn, and he looks at Neegan and Gluin in turn. "Speaking of Moradin--it is my intent to dedicate myself to the service of the All-Father ere long. I have already spoken to the priest, and have been found worthy of joining the ranks of the Axebearers. Would you do me the honor of attending the ceremony?"

OOC: While you can start play as an Axebearer, I've asked Zhym if we can roleplay out the ceremony as a way of giving dwarf players a chance to interact and to flesh out the game world a bit.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Dram »

Neegan- It shall be a honor cousin. May Moridon bless you with many kills with forefathers weapon.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Marullus »

To alleviate concern - this scene (and the Axebearers ceremony) are backdated to late September. That way the y don't interfere with anyone going on an Expedition at the current game clock and you all get a chance to role-play freely together.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by rossik »

"Such history on those weapons" say a old female dwarf, out of the shadows "and yet, many more to be come", she finishes with a smile.

"The name is Berta. Or Berta the Hammer, as some call me. Sorry if i don't have a clan name. That name was gone a long time ago, but i'm still here".

She walks to his kin, a big smile on her wrinkled face. "I'ts nice to see a reunion of our kind that does not envolve blood and gold. Can i have a taste of that beverage too?" she say, looking at Gluin. Then she turns to Gundri.

"Axebearer, you say?" the old dwarf inquire, with a almost imperceptible concern in her eyes. "You will do well, sir. I can see the sharpness on your eyes, ready to cut flesh and bones when needed".

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit "Eh clan names can be changed with time and great actions yah could be like me an make yer own clan name." he says to Berta.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Enoch »

"Well met, Berta. Gundri Gundrudson, at your service." He bows low from his stool and examines Berta with a critical eye.

"Forgive an impertinent question, but you would not happen to be a Soul-Forger, would you? You speak like them."

He pauses a moment and sighs heavily. "One of them, at least."

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by rossik »

Berta bows back.

"I am, stone child. Everything in this life have a story, and that story is ever changing. But sometimes, part of it can be saved, as scholars do in books. Grungronbarak for instance, have a story of its own, as your battle axe." she say, looking for each owner. "Not saying that more story wont come, but the past must be preserved and used as a tool for teaching the ways for new generations".

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Marullus »

Great role-play here, guys! Encourage you to all participate in the pending ceremony next. :)
viewtopic.php?f=654&t=7985#p440055

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Halls of the Dwarven-King”