The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

#21 Post by Marullus »

15 October 2021
Though dwarven halls remain the same cool temperature year round, the dwarves note the significance that this day began with the first hard frost of the year. Winter is coming, and this has many portents for the community below.

As dusk falls early at the mountain's foot, Foxy, Tocen, Brielle, and Sir Ludwig arrive at the inn, travelling from the Kingdom of Gaul. Whispers circulate quickly that Sir Ludwig is to stay as the new emmisary between the realms while the red-haired woman and her retainers will ride westward to find a nest of ill-fated wizards, hoping to make the venture before the full-winter commences...

Any character that wishes to join this expedition before it departs the Dwarf Halls should roleplay their introduction here and then join this thread.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Stirling »

It is a few days after the initiation of the ascension of axe-bearers. The tavern full of patrons. Foxy has a wry smile, her last tavern blagging in the presence of dwarves ended in a near riot. Still those patrons burned to ash in the flames of Scatha and despite his boasting, Foxy has yet to hear the 'laments and saga's of Thundred'.

She feels her presence is tolerated rather than welcomed and that by Sir Ludwig as well. Still her coin is as good as any silvers minted from the mines that she bled to clear of goblins. She is surprised at the industry and endeavours of the dwarven masons to alter the nature of the place. The wooden palisade gate strengthened and multitude of corridors laid with new flagstones. She remembers the halls and throne room further in and having just come from Beith's Watch, the reincarnation of Clay which took place within.

Dining at the tavern, their presence already noted by the King's stewards, she expects an audience with Drunil to formally receive the Gaul envoy. While she is here she plans her requests for aid in possible scouting missions further west.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Leitz »

The kid set his backpack down, looked around, and sniffed the air for a moment. His eyes had momentarily paused on Foxy, and then they found their way back to the dwarf cleaning flagons.

He was just a kid; on the youthful side of his teens. Not at the point of combing mussed up brown hair, not really at the point of being embarrassed about his hand-me-down padded armor and old short bow strapped to a spear. The mis-matched gear was set for peace, and travel. Though the kid looked barely old enough to leave the farm, his gear looked like he was used to it.

With a nod to the others, and a polite wait until there was a pause, the boy took a gold piece and set it on the bar. He looked at Gluin the barkeep, and smiled. "When I was a kid, and snuck away to town on Market Day, sometimes we'd have your folk selling wares and telling tales. They'd often share their food with me, and I'd give them what I could from the farm. One thing they always said, though, was that their food tasted different back home. They said it tasted a lot better, though I was pretty sure they had some of the best cheese and most savory meat ever made."

"Pretty much every where I've been, your folk have said the same. I promised myself I'd put that to the truth, one day." He nodded at the coin. "I don't have much, and tomorrow I'll have to find work. But right now your cooking smells like they might have been telling the truth. If it tastes as good as it smells, then I'll happily admit they were right. Will that get me a local meal, and a mug of what you'd sell your friends? Just one, though, I'm not as used to it as those guys are."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Spearmint »

Red Erik

A dour, rusty beard dwarf sits as he does most nights, on a stool by the bar. He joins in to the conversation of travellers, keen to learn of this new frontier having come 'over the mountains ' with Jarkul's heir some months ago.

Figuring mercenary work not any more dangerous than the forge fires and believing it certainly would accrue him more gold than him smelting ore for silver coins bearing Drunil's head, he asks regarding adventures and local quests.

Seeing some human travellers he approaches them."My pardon. You are guests here and of some import I can tell. Still if you have duties to fulfill that require a steady hand and strong arm, the forge masters here will vouch for my work. As do the orc heads I left on the battleground."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Marullus wrote:15 October 2021
Though dwarven halls remain the same cool temperature year round, the dwarves note the significance that this day began with the first hard frost of the year. Winter is coming, and this has many portents for the community below.

As dusk falls early at the mountain's foot, Foxy, Tocen, Brielle, and Sir Ludwig arrive at the inn, travelling from the Kingdom of Gaul. Whispers circulate quickly that Sir Ludwig is to stay as the new emmisary between the realms while the red-haired woman and her retainers will ride westward to find a nest of ill-fated wizards, hoping to make the venture before the full-winter commences...

Any character that wishes to join this expedition before it departs the Dwarf Halls should roleplay their introduction here and then join this thread.
What is the timeline for this expedition vs Golgarth's in the Blood Ruins? Just curious as I don't want to join up with two at the same time with the same character.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Enoch »

GreyWolfVT wrote: What is the timeline for this expedition vs Golgarth's in the Blood Ruins? Just curious as I don't want to join up with two at the same time with the same character.
Spoke to Marullus: the Bogling expedition is concurrent, and you should not sign up for both with the same character.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Leitz »

Arlen smiled as the barkeep took the coin and filled a plate way too full. The froth laden mug was nearly as big as Arlen's head.

The boy grinned, nodded his thanks, and picked up his plate. With a few steps, and a deep breath, he approached Foxy. "Ma'am? I'm Arlen, and Brother Mylo said I could probably find you here. He asked me to join you, going west, if that's okay."

He lifted up the plate. "This is a bit much for one, care to join me?"

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit sits down at the bar once more "I'll take a mug o' tha special."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Marullus »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Galmit sits down at the bar once more "I'll take a mug o' tha special."
The ceremony on the Abbey was a special event in late September. PCs currently on expeditions (because they left in early October) were allowed to attend. This thread, however, is on a current timestamp of:

15 October 2021

Galmit is away on an expedition and is not here.

This thread is temporarily paused until Foxy and her expedition depart (because there's a coinciding Expedition that stopped in here for a moment).

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Marullus wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Galmit sits down at the bar once more "I'll take a mug o' tha special."
The ceremony on the Abbey was a special event in late September. PCs currently on expeditions (because they left in early October) were allowed to attend. This thread, however, is on a current timestamp of:

15 October 2021

Galmit is away on an expedition and is not here.

This thread is temporarily paused until Foxy and her expedition depart (because there's a coinciding Expedition that stopped in here for a moment).
had no idea after the ceremony i had Galmit go to the tavern didn't realize we were teleported forward in time again my bad I can't keep timelines on here straight. :roll:

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Dram »

Neegan- In search of his next expedition. Hears the boy talking about going west. Sorry to intrude on your conservation lad. He then turns to Foxy. I be looking for some adventure myself. Do ya have room for another?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Enoch »

Gluin, son of Druin nods to Galmit. He pulls out a stoneware mug and turns the tap on a small cask, filling it with a dark, coppery beer with a mild head. He slides it over to the dwarf and nods to it. "Used a decoction mash on this one, t' really bring out the malts. Lagered it in the deep cellars for a year. Hope y' like it."

There's some commotion at the door as a Wordbearer, the tablet-and-boot emblem of his position embroidered on his shoulders, enters. He raps his gavel three times on the doorframe as the room quiets. "Krolgrurum, son of Numnul, son of Krorfek, Axebearer of Moradin, has returned from the goblin lands to the west." His message delivered, he turns and departs, ignoring the questions flung at him.
Last edited by Enoch on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Leitz »

Dram wrote:Neegan- In search of his next expedition. Hears the boy talking about going west. Sorry to intrude on your conservation lad. He then turns to Foxy. I be looking for some adventure myself. Do ya have room for another?
Arlen nodded at the plate. "If you can help with this, I'd appreciate it. She's the expedition leader though, so it's up to her."

That said, he picked up a couple pieces of meat and a block of cheese. Thus armed, he sipped his brew and listened.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Bluetongue »

'Roo' arrives with a merchant caravan from Idmi with scrolls and reports for the king and various academia from Hagaseth to notable guilds men and scholars. She has been advised to assist in any scouting of the mage ruin in return for access to recovered tomes and scripted for fir further study.

Patiently she waits for a chance to be introduced to the expedition co-ordinator Foxy to discuss options.

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Golem »

Stepping into the warm light of the tavern's interior, Hedge's eyes drift right to left, taking in everything as he approaches the bar. He's slight crouched and wearing dark clothes and leather, the pommels of various small blades catching the light. Draping his shoulders, a cowl masks his features. Up close, his face is far from pretty; sallow and pocked with childhood disease. An unfriendly face, with dark suspicious eyes and one ugly scar marking a brow and the cheek below.

An ale, Hedge says. None of this dwarven beer. And something hot to eat. His voice is gruff and his lips are set with an almost cruel twist.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Leitz »

Bluetongue wrote:'Roo' arrives with a merchant caravan from Idmi with scrolls and reports for the king and various academia from Hagaseth to notable guilds men and scholars. She has been advised to assist in any scouting of the mage ruin in return for access to recovered tomes and scripted for fir further study.

Patiently she waits for a chance to be introduced to the expedition co-ordinator Foxy to discuss options.
Arlen looked up at Roo, smiled and made room on the bench. "It seems like a growing group!"

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Enoch »

We've got members of 2 expeditions mingling here: to avoid confusion, feel free to RP here in the tavern or elsewhere, but we won't start setting up the lower-level expedition until Foxy's expedition leaves.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Leitz »

Enoch wrote:We've got members of 2 expeditions mingling here: to avoid confusion, feel free to RP here in the tavern or elsewhere, but we won't start setting up the lower-level expedition until Foxy's expedition leaves.
Err....for the lower level types who were looking to join Foxy, that sounds...curious...

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Enoch »

Low-level characters are welcome to join Foxy's expedition if she'll have them. It's likely to be fairly dangerous from what I understand (I have a beginning character who will hopefully be joining it, as a matter of fact, but I'm not over-confident of his chances of survival).

For those who don't want to join in the expedition to the Monoc mages, I've been asked to set up an expedition for starting characters.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Dram »

Neegan- Drinks from his mug of Ale. Where be Ms Foxy? I'd like to know where you be goin. Make sure I got the right gear for ta job.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Halls of the Dwarven-King”