The Forges of Verdun

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

The Forges of Verdun

#1 Post by Enoch »

Thanrir, Master Artificer of the Blackhelm Clan, works in the forges of Verdun. Several dwarven apprentices toil under his tutoring, the fires burning fiercely in this large chamber. As a master dwarven craftsman, his works bring out the inner nature of the materials that he works with, a natural process of imbuing their wares.

Wares
150gp - Dwarven Chainmail (AC 5, 15lbs, 2001xp, sized to order)
900gp - Dwarven Platemail (AC 3, 25lbs, 2001xp, sized to order)

Services
Dwarf PCs [3d6 check] or other race PCs [4d6 check] can succeed in a Charisma check to request Thanrir's services. He can work with rare materials (dragon's teeth, etc) to make them into weapons and other goods. The cost and imbued item XP is set per project.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Forges of Verdun

#2 Post by Zhym »

Clint Brockhammer, Paladin of Freydis, makes his way to the forges of Verdun.

"Greetings, Thanrir of the Blackhelm Clan!" he calls out in a booming baritone that echoes from the stone walls. "I have heard far and wide of your skill as craftsman and artisan. I would like to buy one of your fine suits of platemail, please!"

Not being the greatest at math, hands over two diamonds in payment. When Thanrir (lawful dwarf that he is) points out the overpayment, Clint asks him to put the extra to some good charitable use.

Two 500-gp diamonds deducted, armor added.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Forges of Verdun

#3 Post by Enoch »

A dark-haired dwarf, bearded and with a mustache caught in gold rings at the end, enters the forge bearing a large alderwood shield before him. His movements are diffident; he pauses a moment as he looks around and his expression is uncertain. After a long moment, he draws a deep breath and approaches one of the apprentices. After speaking for a moment, the apprentice points out Thanrir.

Gundri Gundrodson nods his thanks and threads his way through the flying sparks and crowded workspace toward the forgemaster. He plants himself in front of the man, holding the shield before him.

"Pardon me, but your apprentice pointed you out as the master of this forge. Gundri Gundrudson, at your service.

"I had hoped to apprentice at your forge, or at least to find work here. I worked in Clan Cragforge's smithy during our clan war with Clan Greythane, before we were defeated and scattered."

He hoists his shield up to eye level. It is a beautiful piece: a round alderwood shield, with a reinforced iron rim. The iron boss is decorated with the image of a dwarven head worked in brass, and an intricate planished knotwork of brass decorates the shield between the boss and rim. An expert eye will see how the alderwood has been carefully and lovingly replaced, though some of the older pieces still show the scars of battle, as does the iron rim.

"This is Grungronbarak, forged by my grandfather in the Iron Hills during more peaceful times. I present it as proof my the skill of my fathers."
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Halls of the Dwarven-King”