(011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

#461 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos flags down a bartender. "Two lagers, for starts." He glances at Zaki. "That good for you, hon?"
Zaki smiles. "That will do for a start. Unless you're afraid that I will get you drunk, and then take you home to do debauched things to you."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#462 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos flags down a bartender. "Two lagers, for starts." He glances at Zaki. "That good for you, hon?"
Zaki smiles. "That will do for a start. Unless you're afraid that I will get you drunk, and then take you home to do debauched things to you."
Carlos chuckles. "And the downside to that would be what, exactly?" He kisses her forehead.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "And the downside to that would be what, exactly?" He kisses her forehead.
"I'll think of something," Zaki says with a smile. She points at a likely looking table, large enough for all of them. "There we go."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Tiglath »

Deadpan Sigrun turns to Emily and ensuring all the team can hear declares with mock solemnity “This is why your Empire will fall - a tragic and lamentable inability to drink”. She nods her head indicating Carlos and Zaki “You see those two apparently upright citizens? One sniff of the bartender’s apron and already they plot shameful depravity. When I first courted John Lee we were forced to take refuge in confined spaces on the ship so I could present him with flowers and read him poetry”.

She pauses and, still deadpan, but with a mischievous twinkle in her eye says “When I have had another drink I might find the strength to tell you how they planned to sell me to the Scout Service”.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#465 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Deadpan Sigrun turns to Emily and ensuring all the team can hear declares with mock solemnity “This is why your Empire will fall - a tragic and lamentable inability to drink”. She nods her head indicating Carlos and Zaki “You see those two apparently upright citizens? One sniff of the bartender’s apron and already they plot shameful depravity. When I first courted John Lee we were forced to take refuge in confined spaces on the ship so I could present him with flowers and read him poetry”.

She pauses and, still deadpan, but with a mischievous twinkle in her eye says “When I have had another drink I might find the strength to tell you how they planned to sell me to the Scout Service”.
"All great powers have a deadly flaw that they can do little to guard against. I'm not sure if the Empire's weakness is drink or the Scout Service. Can it be both?"

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#466 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
terrymixon wrote:There are several small round tables scattered around, most occupied by locals...humans...although there is a table with 4 Vargr over in the left corner. A number of booths are along both side walls, some with curtains drawn, but most are open and unoccupied.

Ahead of you is a long bar with a very large man standing behind it wiping the top with a rag. Behind him are shelves with a number of bottles containing various types of spirits.
Zaki (mostly) resists the urge to press herself against Carlos' side, and looks around the room. She's been in places like this before, but not in a while, and before she got hurt. Still, it's a somewhat familiar environment, and she notes details about the people as she glances around.
Zaki gets a familiar "vibe" from some of the seedier bars she frequented back when she was undercover. This place doesn't have the feel of imminent danger, though, just the potential.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#467 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun eyes the bar and gives a feral smile “See – I told you all it was fashionable!” She keeps her left arm around John Lee’s waist and steers them both towards the bar. She orders branded beers in bottles (or cans) – she’s not partying yet. She nods at the big man when he brings the beers and says quietly “Hei, we are looking for Witz. A little business talk. Is he in?”
He shrugs his right shoulder and glances toward a corridor leading deeper into the building to the left of the bar, saying "In the back room. Knock."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#468 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Deadpan Sigrun turns to Emily and ensuring all the team can hear declares with mock solemnity “This is why your Empire will fall - a tragic and lamentable inability to drink”. She nods her head indicating Carlos and Zaki “You see those two apparently upright citizens? One sniff of the bartender’s apron and already they plot shameful depravity. When I first courted John Lee we were forced to take refuge in confined spaces on the ship so I could present him with flowers and read him poetry”.

John Lee just smiles and winks at the group.

"Are we sitting and drinking or going back to do some business?" he asks, "I'm good either way."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Are we sitting and drinking or going back to do some business?" he asks, "I'm good either way."
Zaki pitches her voice for their ears only. "Be careful, kids. This place can get bad, quick."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun casually eyes the barman while he fixes the drinks and tries to determine if the reason for his one shouldered shrug might be that he’s wearing a shoulder holster. She will order whichever beer snacks make him stretch the furthest to assist her observation.

She then nods him her thanks for his information.

She acknowledges Zaki's warning with another curt nod and says to her crewmates “Then let us conclude our business quickly. Our man Witz is in the back”.

Unless any are opposed to her proposal she will lead off down the corridor to the back room and knock as directed.

(OOC: Attempt to use Streetwise and/or Recon skill (both at 1) to spot a concealed weapon).

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#471 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun casually eyes the barman while he fixes the drinks and tries to determine if the reason for his one shouldered shrug might be that he’s wearing a shoulder holster. She will order whichever beer snacks make him stretch the furthest to assist her observation.

She acknowledges Zaki's warning with another curt nod and says to her crewmates “Then let us conclude our business quickly. Our man Witz is in the back”.

Unless any are opposed to her proposal she will lead off down the corridor to the back room and knock as directed.

(OOC: Attempt to use Streetwise and/or Recon skill (both at 1) to spot a concealed weapon).
Sigrun is certain, absolutely drop dead certain, the barman is wearing a shoulder holster, but she doesn't catch sight of an actual holster, much less a weapon.

OOC: Are all 5? of you going down the corridor, or are some of you staying in the bar area to eat/drink/keep watch?

Holding your beers and snacks you stroll down the corridor. There are three doors. One is open and leads to a kitchen area. Another is closed, but has the universal sign of toilet facilities on its door. The third, at the back, is both closed and unmarked by any signs or pictures.

You knock, and a male voice from behind that door says, "Come in."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#472 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun casually eyes the barman while he fixes the drinks and tries to determine if the reason for his one shouldered shrug might be that he’s wearing a shoulder holster. She will order whichever beer snacks make him stretch the furthest to assist her observation.

Sigrun is certain, absolutely drop dead certain, the barman is wearing a shoulder holster, but she doesn't catch sight of an actual holster, much less a weapon.

OOC: Are all 5? of you going down the corridor, or are some of you staying in the bar area to eat/drink/keep watch?

Holding your beers and snacks you stroll down the corridor. There are three doors. One is open and leads to a kitchen area. Another is closed, but has the universal sign of toilet facilities on its door. The third, at the back, is both closed and unmarked by any signs or pictures.

Emily follows her into the back.

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun enters saying “We’re here to see Witz”.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#474 Post by ffilz »

I'm not sure which if any of me is there...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by Tiglath »

OOC: At least Chandra. It's a crew night out for drinks and conspiracy to commit smuggling (on Ling's "science project" planet). ;) :)

I suppose it might be a compromise / awkward for Sir Baltus?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#476 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:OOC: At least Chandra. It's a crew night out for drinks and conspiracy to commit smuggling (on Ling's "science project" planet). ;) :)

I suppose it might be a compromise / awkward for Sir Baltus?)
Ok, Chandra yes, probably not Sir Baltus.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#477 Post by bruce.desertrat »

terrymixon wrote:
Eris wrote:

Emily follows her into the back.

Emily
As does Pedro.

Sorry for the absences, but life has been really crazy. The U went to full lockdown and all-online in late March, and everyone working from hiome the beginning of April. This has kinda put a huge load on us in IT, understandably!
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#478 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:I'm not sure which if any of me is there...
OOC: It wouldn't be Sir Baltus, but Chandra can be with the group if you wish. If so, it would be Zaki, Carlos, Sigrun, John Lee, Emily, and Chandra.

Bruce isn't Pedro with the group going to the bar, too? If so, It's all of the current PC's.

That would be fine with me! More people to get into trouble, more targets, too! :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#479 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun enters saying “We’re here to see Witz”.
The man behind the desk looks up at Sigrun and deadpans in an almost growling tone, "That's me! What can I do for you?"

Sigrun notices that the man's hands are not visible. Both are below desktop level.

Witz is alone in the room. If all of you come in here it will be very overcrowded. There are only two chairs, other than the one Witz is sitting on for one thing and for another the room itself isn't large. There is a closed, steel, door next to Witz's desk leading who knows where.

On the desk is a computer terminal and a short stack of papers. A couple of 5 drawer steel filing cabinets are up against the wall behind the desk.

The room is very utilitarian, no ornamentation, no pictures on the concrete block walls which are painted a dull gray. This room is obviously below ground, so no windows either.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#480 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Sorry for the absences, but life has been really crazy. The U went to full lockdown and all-online in late March, and everyone working from hiome the beginning of April. This has kinda put a huge load on us in IT, understandably!
OOC: Understood Bruce. Hope you and all of yours have avoided Covid-19 so far. That goes for everyone else, too. :)

Didn't I see where U of A is already planning to reopen for Fall term with a number of changes to deal with Covid...testing, distancing, etc? I do wonder about dorms and FTF classes, not to mention sports and off/on campus bars and so on.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”