(011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

#501 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun believes this to be a deal and is all for it! ;) :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#502 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:You have the cash and the space, can we say you just take Witz's offer and buy the 2 Air/rafts for 100 Kcr, I'll officially add that to your Trading Diary, and then proceed to leaving Jenghe?
We find anything else?
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#503 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:You have the cash and the space, can we say you just take Witz's offer and buy the 2 Air/rafts for 100 Kcr, I'll officially add that to your Trading Diary, and then proceed to leaving Jenghe?
We find anything else?
Ling is pretty tight fisted with freight and cargo here, so you won't find much. Here is everything you've been able to scare up:

- 55 dtons of Sea Prawns @ 1,500 cr per ton
- 2 Air/rafts (from Witz) @ 50,000 each (totaling 12 dtons)
- 6 dtons of Freight to deliver to Extolay @ 1Kcr per ton

You haven't officially committed to accepting any of it yet, but the consensus was to accept the 55 tons of Sea Prawns. I think you're going to be to take the Air/Rafts, too? And all the Freight?

The only passengers you can carry until you finish the charter are the 8 low passengers and you have offers for all 8. I assume you're going to take their money and ship them?

I'm trying to keep this up to date in the Trade Diary thread.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:
We find anything else?
Ling is pretty tight fisted with freight and cargo here, so you won't find much. Here is everything you've been able to scare up:

- 55 dtons of Sea Prawns (already bought for spec trade)
- 2 Air/rafts (from Witz) totaling 12 dtons
- 6 dtons of Freight to deliver to Extolay at 1Kcr per ton.

I'm trying to keep this up to date in the Trade Diary thread.
Sounds good to me.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#505 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Yeah this is good with me. work just isn't letting up for me...usually I remember that I should check in here at about 11:30 as I'm headed to bed....
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#506 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Yeah this is good with me. work just isn't letting up for me...usually I remember that I should check in here at about 11:30 as I'm headed to bed....
Werks for me.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#507 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Werks for me.
Okay, gonna say it works for everyone as I haven't seen objections. ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#508 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:[quote="bruce.desertrat"
Werks for me.
Okay, gonna say it works for everyone as I haven't seen objections. ;)[/quote]
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
In The Marches:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#509 Post by Eris »

Witz says,"I'll have the two air/rafts at your ship tomorrow morning and you can transfer to credits to me then. Deal?"

Pedro stands and shakes Witz's hand confirming the deal and he and Sigrun leave.

Out in the bar the rest of the crew and sitting at a table sipping beers as Pedro and Sigrun come toward them from the corridor leading to the back of the building.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#510 Post by Eris »

After the crew leaves the bar the walk back to the ship is uneventful.
  • Everything is made ready for departure:
  • Pedro files a flight plan for the ship to leave Jenghe the next afternoon and it is approved.
  • The Ling people aboard are informed that the ship is lifting shortly after noon the next day and have no objection at all.
  • Brokers shipping freight are informed and agree to have their items available for loading tomorrow morning.
  • The sea prawns you are shipping as a speculative item will also come aboard tomorrow morning.
  • The low passengers that have booked passage aboard are also informed and will be arriving tomorrow morning to be processed and stored away for the trip.
  • Chandra and Emily confirm that the ship is fully loaded with fuel and provisions for the jump and week in JSpace.
...and everyone settles down for a night's sleep.

Next morning, lorries begin arriving with crates and boxes to be loaded aboard. The loading goes quickly. A bit later low passengers begin to arrive for processing. Witz shows up with a large lorry and transfers two very large crates over to you and you transfer 100,000 credits to his account.

By noon you are fully loaded and ready to lift!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Next morning, lorries begin arriving with crates and boxes to be loaded aboard. The loading goes quickly. A bit later low passengers begin to arrive for processing. Witz shows up with a large lorry and transfers two very large crates over to you and you transfer 100,000 credits to his account.

Zaki works to get the low berth passengers into the units and gets them started with the stasis process. After that, she ensures that the rest of the passengers are settled in, while she deals with any issues regarding the accommodations and food for the next trip. By noon, she's tired, but her area is ready for departure.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#512 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote:After the crew leaves the bar the walk back to the ship is uneventful.
  • Everything is made ready for departure:
  • Pedro files a flight plan for the ship to leave Jenghe the next afternoon and it is approved.
  • The Ling people aboard are informed that the ship is lifting shortly after noon the next day and have no objection at all.
  • Brokers shipping freight are informed and agree to have their items available for loading tomorrow morning.
  • The sea prawns you are shipping as a speculative item will also come aboard tomorrow morning.
  • The low passengers that have booked passage aboard are also informed and will be arriving tomorrow morning to be processed and stored away for the trip.
  • Chandra and Emily confirm that the ship is fully loaded with fuel and provisions for the jump and week in JSpace.
...and everyone settles down for a night's sleep.

Next morning, lorries begin arriving with crates and boxes to be loaded aboard. The loading goes quickly. A bit later low passengers begin to arrive for processing. Witz shows up with a large lorry and transfers two very large crates over to you and you transfer 100,000 credits to his account.

Once all the work is done, Emily straps in for lift at her station in engineering.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun opens both of Witz's crates just to verify we're not paying him 100,000Cr to haul housebricks to Engrange.

After the experience with the bombs on board she then performs an exterior walk around (and over) the ship to ensure nothing seems untoward before doing whatever she can to aid departure whilst assisting with watches on the bridge.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#514 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro also keeps an eagle eye on the loading and joins Sigrun on the security walk through.

At launch time he settles in on the bridge and has everyone sound off on their readiness. ONce the board is full green he calls Traffic control "Control this is the Connie Lee ready for takeoff. Are we cleared to lift?" Presuming the answer is in the affirmative he locks in the course, brings her up to take off and heads for orbit; keeping a particular eye on the newly replaced grav modules. "How you feeling Connie? Everything good" he asks the ship...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by joertexas »

Once they're underway, Zaki sits back from her lunch with a sigh. "I'm glad to be moving again. It seems like we've spent years on the ground."

OOG: :biggrin:
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#516 Post by Keven »

Carlos grabs Emily and goes over the ship to preflight it, looking for any more GP trickery. Half an hour before scheduled liftoff, he catches up to Zaki for a kiss, then grabs his chair on the bridge to start setting up the jump calculations and outbound path.
In The Marches:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#517 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:28 pm
Eris wrote:Next morning, lorries begin arriving with crates and boxes to be loaded aboard. The loading goes quickly. A bit later low passengers begin to arrive for processing. Witz shows up with a large lorry and transfers two very large crates over to you and you transfer 100,000 credits to his account.

Zaki works to get the low berth passengers into the units and gets them started with the stasis process. After that, she ensures that the rest of the passengers are settled in, while she deals with any issues regarding the accommodations and food for the next trip. By noon, she's tired, but her area is ready for departure.
All 8 of the LP go under without problems and all the readings on them look nominal.

OOC: Are you going to set up a Low Lottery for this jump? :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#518 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:30 pm Sigrun opens both of Witz's crates just to verify we're not paying him 100,000Cr to haul housebricks to Engrange.
OOC: I thought you would. :)
After the experience with the bombs on board she then performs an exterior walk around (and over) the ship to ensure nothing seems untoward before doing whatever she can to aid departure whilst assisting with watches on the bridge.
OOC: I thought you'd do that, too! :)

The ship looks good from the outside. Sigrun can't even detect where the hull plates were replaced. Inside the ship, the locks on the hatches to the crawlways are all still locked and the anti-tampering triggers she, Emily and Chandra installed on them haven't been tampered with.

As time for lift approaches Sigrun wanders into the crew lounge where she runs into a few of the crew. Chandra and John Lee are grabbing a bite to eat. OOC: I'd put Zaki here, too, but I don't want to put words in JT's mouth. :)

"Hey, good looking!" says John Lee between bits of his sandwich, "I made extra fish paste for sandwiches. The bowl is in the fridge."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#519 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 pm Pedro also keeps an eagle eye on the loading and joins Sigrun on the security walk through.

At launch time he settles in on the bridge and has everyone sound off on their readiness. ONce the board is full green he calls Traffic control "Control this is the Connie Lee ready for takeoff. Are we cleared to lift?" Presuming the answer is in the affirmative he locks in the course, brings her up to take off and heads for orbit; keeping a particular eye on the newly replaced grav modules. "How you feeling Connie? Everything good" he asks the ship...
Given the "GO!" Pedro nods to Carlos and says, "Here we go!"

Connie Malone lifts smoothly and steadily accelerates until the ship is in orbit. Using Carlos' calculations the ship turns and accelerates out toward the jump location he has picked. It will be an hour and 18 minutes before the ship is in position to enter jump space.

"Yes, Captain Pedro. All systems feel perfect to me.", is the cheerful reply from the ship, "The new grav modules are running so much more smoothly than the old ones were."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:44 pmOOC: Are you going to set up a Low Lottery for this jump? :)
Um, no :-)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”