(011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

#441 Post by joertexas »

While Carlos and Sigrun work on the trade deals, Zaki helps to settle the low berth passengers in at the proper time. She also assists with supplies, and whatever else is needed to prepare for the next flight.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#442 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: If you haven't looked at the Trading Data/Diary, please do! I'm going to have ONE post per week of game time there to summarize what happened and any financial transaction that are made. The first post is a google doc on my Onedrive account. I'll add Crew info as you give it to me...use the OOG: Game thread to give me that. If you think something else should be added to the data sheet tell me there, too.[/ooc]
THANKS A MILLLION for this Eris!

Pedro will supervise the cargo loading closely. Wouldn't want any more surprises stuck on the ship.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#443 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:
Sigrun makes a contact with the Union Leader that might be useful next time you come through Jenghe.

If you haven't looked at the Trading Data/Diary, please do! I'm going to have ONE post per week of game time there to summarize what happened and any financial transaction that are made. The first post is a google doc on my Onedrive account. I'll add Crew info as you give it to me...use the OOG: Game thread to give me that. If you think something else should be added to the data sheet tell me there, too.[/ooc]
What else is there here to buy for spec trade?
OOC: Unfortunately, nothing much you seem able to scare up from LSP themselves or the two local cargo brokers. It looks like LSP is holding almost all items very close to the vest. Not much doesn't mean nothing, though...
You can get up to 50 tons of Basic Electronics parts, but the deal isn't great. The offer to you is 25,000 cr per ton, and you can't get it lower. The electronics are basic components that would be useful mostly for repairs of existing devices.

There is also 20 tons of Basic Consumables on offer at 1,200 cr per ton...also not a fantastic deal. The consumables are a mixture of paper products and basic food stuffs.

OTOH, if you are willing to wait to lift another couple of days you can attempt to make contact with an "unofficial" broker Sigrun's contact mentioned to her.

This guy operates outside normal channels and may have access to gray market (even black market) goods he might want to move. You'd need to make contact with him at the Broken Boat, a run down bar on the waterfront outside the Starport and chat him up a bit. He goes by the handle of Witz. Carouse and Streetwise would come in handy for this kind of deal...

The other option is to contact the Belters directly. Pedro might have the best chance of doing this. Sigrun has a name from her contact, too...Administrator Mack. They might have some goods they would like to move, but the LSP personnel aboard might object to you going 'out of the way' to go out there. It would likely extend your time in the Jenghe system by another week to get there, do business, and then jump out for Extolay. Liaison, Carouse, and Broker/Trade would be what you to talk to the Administrator...or direct experience with Belter culture.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#444 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote: If you haven't looked at the Trading Data/Diary, please do! I'm going to have ONE post per week of game time there to summarize what happened and any financial transaction that are made. The first post is a google doc on my Onedrive account. I'll add Crew info as you give it to me...use the OOG: Game thread to give me that. If you think something else should be added to the data sheet tell me there, too.[/ooc]
THANKS A MILLLION for this Eris!
You're welcome. It makes it easier on me, too. :) I'm using a format for the diary posts...still perfecting how it works, so you can see I went from pretty rotten to much better. :) I have the posts in there "locked" so you can't post (I can), but if I'm missing things you want in the diary or financial columns you want included, please, tell me![/ooc] [quote]Pedro will supervise the cargo loading closely. Wouldn't want any more surprises stuck on the ship.[/quote] Pedro even opens crates at random to double check. Everything loaded is exactly, or seems to be exactly, what it should be.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by Tiglath »

Between crew meals Sigrun "borrows" the dining table and converts it into a miniature armoury. She strips and cleans her new gausspitol, her faithful Ulfberht Autosnub, the Ingleri autopistol with the engraved runes and acid etched "Hel" mask and a new, big bore micro pistol.

She declares "I am going to see Witz at the Broken Boat. It is in the tourist guide and all the "fashionable" people go there". She smiles "That is why I am taking John Lee". She looks over at Zaki "You and Carlos want to..." she vainly searches for a term "do a "dobbeldate?" She looks to her other crewmates "More the merrier - crew night out?"

Her accent has thickened up again which is usually an indication of her feeling aggrieved with some element of the Imperium, some reconnect with the more piratical parts of her brain or, in this case, possibly both.

She adds "Witz may have some cargo we can move without having to pay those extortionate Corporate scum through the nose for the pleasure of it".

It appears possible that this move on her part is quite simply an immediate and opposite reaction to her discovery of Ling's "generous" cargo rates...

To Pedro she says "Kapiten, we should trade with the beltalowda! Give them the chance of some free trade, já?"

(OOC: The "trading diary" is great!)
Eris wrote:Pedro even opens crates at random to double check. Everything loaded is exactly, or seems to be exactly, what it should be.
Basic Electronics - check. Basic Consumables - check. Alien Eggs - Whoa! ;) :)
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She declares "I am going to see Witz at the Broken Boat. It is in the tourist guide and all the "fashionable" people go there - that's why I am taking John Lee". She looks over at Zaki "You and Carlos want to..." she searches for a term "do a "dobbeldate?" She looks to her other crewmates "More the merrier - crew night out?"
Zaki grins at Carlos. "I'm not sure we can survive a double date with Sigrun."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#447 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:She declares "I am going to see Witz at the Broken Boat. It is in the tourist guide and all the "fashionable" people go there - that's why I am taking John Lee". She looks over at Zaki "You and Carlos want to..." she searches for a term "do a "dobbeldate?" She looks to her other crewmates "More the merrier - crew night out?"
OOC: Are we going to do this, or are you satisfied with the cargo you drummed up already?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Maybe we could hear his offer then decide? Or, if the meet is a non starter for whatever reason (maybe Witz got busted?) then let's hit the Jump button. I'm happy for us to move us along either way! :) )

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#449 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote:
Pedro smiles and says "Count me in! I've been nose to drill this whole time, I need a break!"
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#450 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Pedro smiles and says "Count me in! I've been nose to drill this whole time, I need a break!"
"Mind extra company?" Emily asked from where she's been quietly sitting.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun beams "Hah, the Kapiten is with us!" and, turning to regard Emily, she adds "The company of heroes is always welcome!"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun beams "Hah, the Kapiten is with us!" and, turning to regard Emily, she adds "The company of heroes is always welcome!"
Zaki takes Carlos by the hand. "Come on, you will have to protect me, and possibly carry me home."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#453 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun beams "Hah, the Kapiten is with us!" and, turning to regard Emily, she adds "The company of heroes is always welcome!"
“Thanks. After all this, I think we could all use a few stiff drinks. Drinking contest? I’ll lose, but it’ll be fun anyway.”

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun’s eyes sparkle dangerously as her lips draw back from her teeth in a vulpine smile - and then she gives a delighted laugh “Contest you say? Then we shall see who is the best drinker!”

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#455 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun’s eyes sparkle dangerously as her lips draw back from her teeth in a vulpine smile - and then she gives a delighted laugh “Contest you say? Then we shall see who is the best drinker!”
Emily raised her hand as if she were toasting with a real drink. "Won't be the first time I've seen the bottom of a table."

Emily

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#456 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun’s eyes sparkle dangerously as her lips draw back from her teeth in a vulpine smile - and then she gives a delighted laugh “Contest you say? Then we shall see who is the best drinker!”
Emily raised her hand as if she were toasting with a real drink. "Won't be the first time I've seen the bottom of a table."
John Lee laughs, "It might be a raise to the bottom then between you and me. Sigrun can drink like a fish drinks water and I get the impression Pedro, Carlos and Zaki are old hands at bending their elbows."

The group heads for The Broken Boat shortly before dark. They pass through the port Terminal Building and out into a beautiful tropical sunset. The local star is setting behind them over the bay and filling the sky with orange, yellows and reds. Down a street a couple of blocks and around a corner you come to what is clearly a seedy part of the Startown with old one and two story buildings. The buildings on the right side are bars and hotels that look more like flop houses than anything else and on the other side of the road there are dark warehouses and offices behind locked chain link fences with concertina wire running along the top.

The Broken Boat is down another two blocks and around the corner to the right. A neon sign bares its name with lighted arrow pointing down a flight of concrete stairs to a set of metal double doors. You can vaguely hear music coming from behind those doors.

Opening those doors the music is much louder, sounds like some sort of syntho-pop that was popular in the Core regions years ago, and assaults your ears. The large room is smokey and dimly lighted with the smell of ditch weed and alcohol covering another spicy odor you can't quite place.

There are several small round tables scattered around, most occupied by locals...humans...although there is a table with 4 Vargr over in the left corner. A number of booths are along both side walls, some with curtains drawn, but most are open and unoccupied.

Ahead of you is a long bar with a very large man standing behind it wiping the top with a rag. Behind him are shelves with a number of bottles containing various types of spirits.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:
terrymixon wrote:There are several small round tables scattered around, most occupied by locals...humans...although there is a table with 4 Vargr over in the left corner. A number of booths are along both side walls, some with curtains drawn, but most are open and unoccupied.

Ahead of you is a long bar with a very large man standing behind it wiping the top with a rag. Behind him are shelves with a number of bottles containing various types of spirits.
Zaki (mostly) resists the urge to press herself against Carlos' side, and looks around the room. She's been in places like this before, but not in a while, and before she got hurt. Still, it's a somewhat familiar environment, and she notes details about the people as she glances around.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun eyes the bar and gives a feral smile “See – I told you all it was fashionable!” She keeps her left arm around John Lee’s waist and steers them both towards the bar. She orders branded beers in bottles (or cans) – she’s not partying yet. She nods at the big man when he brings the beers and says quietly “Hei, we are looking for Witz. A little business talk. Is he in?”

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#459 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun eyes the bar and gives a feral smile “See – I told you all it was fashionable!” She keeps her left arm around John Lee’s waist and steers them both towards the bar. She orders branded beers in bottles (or cans) – she’s not partying yet. She nods at the big man when he brings the beers and says quietly “Hei, we are looking for Witz. A little business talk. Is he in?”
Emily will saunter after the trio, smiling.

Emily

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#460 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
terrymixon wrote:There are several small round tables scattered around, most occupied by locals...humans...although there is a table with 4 Vargr over in the left corner. A number of booths are along both side walls, some with curtains drawn, but most are open and unoccupied.

Zaki (mostly) resists the urge to press herself against Carlos' side, and looks around the room. She's been in places like this before, but not in a while, and before she got hurt. Still, it's a somewhat familiar environment, and she notes details about the people as she glances around.
Carlos flags down a bartender. "Two lagers, for starts." He glances at Zaki. "That good for you, hon?"
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”