(011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (011) Jenghe [1810 Spinward Marches]

#481 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun confidently takes a chair and says "We are in at the star port and shipping to Extolay. We can't get a cargo that Ling's not squeezing us on and I hear you are the man who can help us. Maybe we can do some export business through an alternative channel?"

She glances down in the direction of Witz's concealed hands and says "There's no need - we are all professionals here ja?"

(OOC: Sigrun attempts to use her Streetwise skill to both scope out Witz and to exude a certain "illegal professionalism").
Last edited by Tiglath on Thu May 14, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#482 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote: Sorry for the absences, but life has been really crazy. The U went to full lockdown and all-online in late March, and everyone working from hiome the beginning of April. This has kinda put a huge load on us in IT, understandably!
OOC: Understood Bruce. Hope you and all of yours have avoided Covid-19 so far. That goes for everyone else, too. :)

Didn't I see where U of A is already planning to reopen for Fall term with a number of changes to deal with Covid...testing, distancing, etc? I do wonder about dorms and FTF classes, not to mention sports and off/on campus bars and so on.
Yeah, the current plan is that we're going to open up, but I know our own faculty are planning some form of hybrid setep where half the people are sitting in seats 6ft apart andhalf at home, really, I don't know if anyone really has a clue yet. The California state system announced all of next fall is online. I've heard rumors that faculty members have been quietly told to be prepared for online until January, too.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#483 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun enters saying “We’re here to see Witz”.
The man behind the desk looks up at Sigrun and deadpans in an almost growling tone, "That's me! What can I do for you?"

Sigrun notices that the man's hands are not visible. Both are below desktop level.

Witz is alone in the room. If all of you come in here it will be very overcrowded. There are only two chairs, other than the one Witz is sitting on for one thing and for another the room itself isn't large. There is a closed, steel, door next to Witz's desk leading who knows where.

On the desk is a computer terminal and a short stack of papers. A couple of 5 drawer steel filing cabinets are up against the wall behind the desk.

The room is very utilitarian, no ornamentation, no pictures on the concrete block walls which are painted a dull gray. This room is obviously below ground, so no windows either.
Pedro turns to the others and says "Sigrun and I can talk to the man, meet you back out in a few, tovapalyas. " He turns to Witz. "hola, I'm Pedro. Captain of the Connie Malone. nice to meet you."
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro turns to the others and says "Sigrun and I can talk to the man, meet you back out in a few, tovapalyas. " He turns to Witz. "hola, I'm Pedro. Captain of the Connie Malone. nice to meet you."
Zaki nods and turns back toward the bar. She smiles at Carlos. "Buy me a drink, Spacer?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#485 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro turns to the others and says "Sigrun and I can talk to the man, meet you back out in a few, tovapalyas. " He turns to Witz. "hola, I'm Pedro. Captain of the Connie Malone. nice to meet you."
Zaki nods and turns back toward the bar. She smiles at Carlos. "Buy me a drink, Spacer?"
Emily takes the hint and heads back to the front with the other two.

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#486 Post by bruce.desertrat »

terrymixon wrote:
joertexas wrote:

Emily

LOL, gonna remember that "Direct order from the Captain" == 'hint' You folks are just LUCKY I'm not a Captain Bligh type! Now where did I put my cat o nine tails?
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#487 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote:
joertexas wrote:

Emily
Carlos says, "Shall we join them, hon, or just watch their asses?"
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos says, "Shall we join them, hon, or just watch their asses?"
"The captain said to wait, so I guess we will watch the door and wait."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#489 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos says, "Shall we join them, hon, or just watch their asses?"
"The captain said to wait, so I guess we will watch the door and wait."
Carlos nods. "Guess we'll have another round til they're done then. What was that stuff you brought from Regina called again, hon? Some of that."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "Guess we'll have another round til they're done then. What was that stuff you brought from Regina called again, hon? Some of that."
Zaki thought for a moment. "You know, I don't recall. Was it alcoholic?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#491 Post by Eris »

John Lee looks at Sigrun, shrugs and says, "So, speaks the Captain." before following the others out of the room.

Out in the hall Zaki and Carlos lead the way back to the tap room followed by Emily and then Chandra and John Lee.

In the tap room you take a table where you can keep an eye on the hall then some of you go over and order drinks at the bar for everyone. The room is filling up and from the dress everyone is a local. Most are wearing coveralls and caps with LSP logos, but a few are wearing the logos of other corporations...some of which you don't recognize.

There are a couple of women seated in a booth wearing "skin tights" (vacc suits) under loose fitting coveralls. They don't appear to be ship crew, so maybe they are Belters here on the mainworld for some reason.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#492 Post by Eris »

After everyone other than Pedro and Sigrun leave the room. He turns to Witz and says. "hola, I'm Pedro. Captain of the Connie Malone. nice to meet you."

Witz rises from his chair and offers to shake Pedro's hand, "I'm Witz." then looks at Sigrun asking , "And who's this?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#493 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:After everyone other than Pedro and Sigrun leave the room. He turns to Witz and says. "hola, I'm Pedro. Captain of the Connie Malone. nice to meet you."

Witz rises from his chair and offers to shake Pedro's hand, "I'm Witz." then looks at Sigrun asking , "And who's this?
Pedro smiles "Ah, Sigrun, security officer, chief rabble rouser, and the one who suggested this meet. "
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:There are a couple of women seated in a booth wearing "skin tights" (vacc suits) under loose fitting coveralls. They don't appear to be ship crew, so maybe they are Belters here on the mainworld for some reason.
Zaki keeps a discreet eye on them as she converses with Carlos and the others.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#495 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun shares an intense look with John Lee and replies “What is it you strange people say? Look over my arse, ja?” With a reckless smile she turns and joins Pedro.

In response to Pedro’s introduction and Witz’s enquiry she replies “I am Sigrun Volsung from Isenfang and of the beltalowda. I ran a small but successful smuggling operation before the war and commanded a raiding squadron when the fighting started. It could be said I know how to break the law in a starship. I am known by those of reputation and am no friend of the Imperial Navy”. She smiles like a swaggering bravo, grabs her chair and, spinning it, sits astride. “Now, Herr Witz, if you have some options on grey cargo we can talk or, if you have nothing to move, we’ll be on our way”.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#496 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun shares an intense look with John Lee and replies “What is it you strange people say? Look over my arse, ja?” With a reckless smile she turns and joins Pedro.

In response to Pedro’s introduction and Witz’s enquiry she replies “I am Sigrun Volsung from Isenfang and of the beltalowda. I ran a small but successful smuggling operation before the war and commanded a raiding squadron when the fighting started. It could be said I know how to break the law in a starship. I am known by those of reputation and am no friend of the Imperial Navy”. She smiles like a swaggering bravo, grabs her chair and, spinning it, sits astride. “Now, Herr Witz, if you have some options on grey cargo we can talk or, if you have nothing to move, we’ll be on our way”.
Pedro chuckles, shaking his head "As I said, rabble-rouser. We've been chartered to carry a bunch of managers along the line for Ling, but they're kinda stingy on the available cargo and we've got some dtons to fill in our hold...our pirate here here heard you might have a line on something to fill out the nooks and crannies. We jump for Extolay next... "
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#497 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun shares an intense look with John Lee and replies “What is it you strange people say? Look over my arse, ja?” With a reckless smile she turns and joins Pedro.

Witz raises an eyebrow and smiles at Sigrun, "Madame, you have an interesting background."

Witz adds, "While it's true I sometimes deal in cargo that doesn't go through the official Ling Brokerage here, but I deal with nothing that could be said to be illegal." he spreads his hands out, "I've no desire to see the inside of an Imperial prison, much less a Ling work camp."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#498 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro chuckles, shaking his head "As I said, rabble-rouser. We've been chartered to carry a bunch of managers along the line for Ling, but they're kinda stingy on the available cargo and we've got some dtons to fill in our hold...our pirate here here heard you might have a line on something to fill out the nooks and crannies. We jump for Extolay next... "
"As you said."Witz nods smiling then frowns and looks seriously at Pedro, "I see! Yes, Ling is tight with cargos on ships they don't control. There must have been special circumstances for you to have gotten such a charter in the first place."

"Might I ask from whom she heard of me?"
Witz leans back, "It is not widely known I deal in these matters, at least, I didn't think it was well known..."

After a bit more assurance that you aren't LSP agents, or something like that, Witz taps on the keypad on his desk and looks over some items on the screen, "Extolay, you say...let me see..."he continues tapping for a bit then says, "Hum, I have 2 brand new Air/rafts the owner is looking to sell along. Her company bought 4 and was using 2 of them to, um, do some scouting along the Blackmore sea mount. Now she wants to sell the pair she had in storage and buy a salvage boat. She needs the capital from the rafts to afford the boat, you see?"

"I can get them for you for 50 Kcr each, that's less than a third of what she paid for them. You interested?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote:Witz adds, "While it's true I sometimes deal in cargo that doesn't go through the official Ling Brokerage here, but I deal with nothing that could be said to be illegal." he spreads his hands out, "I've no desire to see the inside of an Imperial prison, much less a Ling work camp."
Sigrun’s eyes narrow as she replies deadpan and (for the purposes of any recording) replies “Of course, we came here seeking nothing illegal at all Herr Witz – just a good deal”.

When Witz asks Pedro about her Sigrun butts in undiplomatically, her “sing song” Sword Worlds accent thick “I have my own tongue as well as my own reputation and honour – which means people will tell me things and know I will not reveal them to anyone who asks!”

Having clarified matters to her personal satisfaction (OOC: :roll: ) she then lets Pedro get on with the important business of deal making.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#500 Post by Eris »

You have the cash and the space, can we say you just take Witz's offer and buy the 2 Air/rafts for 100 Kcr, I'll officially add that to your Trading Diary, and then proceed to leaving Jenghe?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”