OOC - Welcome and Chat

atpollard
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC - Welcome and Chat

#301 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I'm fine with that. Jacques would have no problems with having the final say, or listening to others if they have serious concerns.

That said, sorry if I've been falling down with post rate and slowing everything down. :D

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#302 Post by ffilz »

Works for me.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Wow. That rumors section is great stuff. Thanks for doing that.

Now I just have to digest it all and make sense of it. :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Zhym »

Agreed on both points. Thanks for collecting it all together. Now I just need the cliff’s notes version!

The gist seems to be that someone is sponsoring a crime spree and trying to scoop up lots of property, right? Does this world have the equivalent of oil, or coal, or some other resource underground (that wheelbarrow...) that would make it worth owning everything above it to get the rights to it?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by Urson »

Good question, Zhym. I'm still working my way through the rumors section myself.
How close is this port to major trade routes?
FA FO

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#306 Post by atpollard »

Zhym wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:02 pm Does this world have the equivalent of oil, or coal, or some other resource underground (that wheelbarrow...) that would make it worth owning everything above it to get the rights to it?
Probably as much as any other world. However, on a world in which 90% of the surface is water ... land itself is probably a valuable resource.

Urson wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:59 pmHow close is this port to major trade routes?
Gwynedd is the last stop on the major steamship trade route from the North half of Britannia to New Britannia through the Spine of the World. During the daylight portion of the Cycle, it is a major port for raw goods flowing to Britannia and finished goods flowing to the frontier. During the dark portion of the cycle, it is too dangerous to sail through the Spine of the world.

The trade alternative to going through Gwynedd is to either travel far south around the Spine or far north through the German Confederation.

Gwynedd is an important economic link between Britannia and New Britannia.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Urson »

Ffilz:
Does Linkletter recognize the spattering thing in any way?
That was just color and description on my part- Jo's in shock, and doesn't realize she's got blood from her wound all over her face. Sorry for any confusion I caused!
FA FO

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#308 Post by ffilz »

Urson wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:53 pm Ffilz:
Does Linkletter recognize the spattering thing in any way?
That was just color and description on my part- Jo's in shock, and doesn't realize she's got blood from her wound all over her face. Sorry for any confusion I caused!
Oh, well blood splatter is a "thing" Doc Linkletter certainly recognizes... :-) You had me worried for a bit that the "assassin" had launched some kind of creature at Jo's face (perhaps one that smelled of onions...).

On the onion front, as he is treating Jo, Doc Linkletter is trying to recall if he has met anyone who smelled strongly of onions.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Zhym »

Feel free to dissaude Routledge from his current course of action. If I remember, we have a bit of a deadline for unmasking Old Man Cheevers solving the mystery of this town and proving the solution to the satisfaction of the law. That may not allow time for a lengthy surgery and recovery of the patient. OTOH, maybe a bit of compassion and a lengthy convalescence might allow some time to find out more about what this person knows.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#310 Post by atpollard »

I have no problem with it either way. It is the start of Day 3 and you have until Day 6 to solve the mystery (or not). So you have lots of time.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#311 Post by AsenRG »

So did Remy manage to disarm and/or skewer the man? Preferences are exactly in that order.

In other news, my holidays are over. I'm kinda worried, though, because I'm not seeing the post announcing their start, and I'm totally sure* I've written it.

*I wrote pretty much a "core" post and announced it in all my PbP games. Had a sticky list on the wall so I wouldn't miss a single one, and I see UnsS has a check next to it!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#312 Post by atpollard »

AsenRG wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:44 am So did Remy manage to disarm and/or skewer the man? Preferences are exactly in that order.
You should read it, it was interesting. "Disarm" is closer than "skewer", although "de-hand" might be more technically accurate.
It has been a busy morning and you are enjoying breakfast.
AsenRG wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:44 am In other news, my holidays are over. I'm kinda worried, though, because I'm not seeing the post announcing their start, and I'm totally sure* I've written it.
*I wrote pretty much a "core" post and announced it in all my PbP games. Had a sticky list on the wall so I wouldn't miss a single one, and I see UnsS has a check next to it!
I don't remember seeing it, but it does explain why Remy has been quiet.
No worries. I just got back from a long 4-day weekend with the family before school resumed today (Monday Aug 24th).
So you have not missed too much.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#313 Post by AsenRG »

I don't see it either. Which raises the worrisome possibility of my being an idiot who can't follow his own list and checks items off it at random...

If you'll forgive me, I'm going to assume my post didn't go through (which has happened a few times in my forum games, almost always with long posts 8-) ).

I've read the thread, and it's getting interesting in more than one sense of the word :twisted: .

Also, posted. I decided to give Remy a flash of brilliance, which I normally wouldn't, to compensate for the silence :mrgreen: ! Hope you don't mind?

Return to “Wild West Waterworld (Classic Traveller)”