In Game Thread

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Re: In Game Thread

#581 Post by Bhart »

onlyme wrote:
Bhart wrote:
onlyme wrote:Sterling warns the young thief...
"Son, it is a trap. She will rob you blind and still not help you. Do not give in to her.

Since Sterling knows she is evil, can he pre-emptively attack her without risking his status?
Stirling can not bring himself to harm her. Even if she's evil. She's just too damn cute.

Like under a spell? Is everyone that way? or would we be able to tell?
Monster defense. Not everyone, but you can't tell.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#582 Post by Bhart »

Dogma wrote:"Of course it's a trap. It's always a trap. But better one that I know I'm walking into than one I don't."

Leomar flips the first gemstone ino the pool some feet away from the girl and pulls the second stone from his pouch.

'That one was a show of goodwill. This one you'll get for opening the door," he says.
She tilts her head to one side as she considers the thief for a moment. "Ok handsome."she says with a wink. The water behind her churns and forms into a large hand. It reaches up and pushes the door open revealing a passageway beyond.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by tooleychris »

"What tha...." Begins Heather, in shock.
" 'Nuff toyin, sireeen." she hisses in southern drawl and levels crossbow again.
"You be swimmin yer neked pasty ass down ta yonder door." She points the crossbow south.
" An we'll just be on our merry. Ya got a pretty bauble fer ya troubles. Now go'on. MOVE!"

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#584 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Stand down fair maiden." Oiran tells Heather with a weird inflection to the word "fair". "The creature hasn't been hostile and kept her part of the bargain....so far. No need to provoke her."

Jaunting to the edge of the pool he continues speaking, "Allow me to go first and see if the passage to the open door is safe. If I be the victim of something then please do go medieval on our naturist friend here." he bobs his head at the naked wench.

"Don't worry about me. I have...huh, means of being immune to drowning."

With that said the priest begins making his way to the door.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#585 Post by Dogma »

The second gem makes a small "plop" as it lands in the water next to the girl.

"Payment given as promised."

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#586 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:"Stand down fair maiden." Oiran tells Heather with a weird inflection to the word "fair". "The creature hasn't been hostile and kept her part of the bargain....so far. No need to provoke her."

Jaunting to the edge of the pool he continues speaking, "Allow me to go first and see if the passage to the open door is safe. If I be the victim of something then please do go medieval on our naturist friend here." he bobs his head at the naked wench.

"Don't worry about me. I have...huh, means of being immune to drowning."

With that said the priest begins making his way to the door.
Do you swim across the middle?

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#587 Post by Bhart »

Dogma wrote:The second gem makes a small "plop" as it lands in the water next to the girl.

"Payment given as promised."
The golden haired woman giggles and blows you a kiss before disappearing below the water.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#588 Post by Bhart »

tooleychris wrote:"What tha...." Begins Heather, in shock.
" 'Nuff toyin, sireeen." she hisses in southern drawl and levels crossbow again.
"You be swimmin yer neked pasty ass down ta yonder door." She points the crossbow south.
" An we'll just be on our merry. Ya got a pretty bauble fer ya troubles. Now go'on. MOVE!"
The woman glares at Heather with a look of contempt. When Oiran comes to her defense she giggles "My hero! You are as noble and fair as you are handsome. Thank you for putting that harpy in her place. A man like you deserves to have prettier women around him. " she then gives Heather an evil look and mouths the word "HAG."

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#589 Post by Vargr1105 »

Bhart wrote:Do you swim across the middle?
ooc: closest route between the margin and the open door. Walking (even underwater if need be, he he he).

Oiran mumbles under his breath as he goes into the pool too softly for any to hear, "Darn creature is as alluring as she's irritating. Fair and handsome indeed...guess I'll be having a nice underwater fight soon."
Last edited by Vargr1105 on Sun May 26, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by tooleychris »

"Wait!" Shouts Heather to Oiran. "Here." She tosses him the end of her rope.
"Knot this round yer waist er some such. So as ta pull ya out if'n there's trouble. Aye?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by onlyme »

Sterling nods. "Agreed. Ill hold this end if needed.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#592 Post by Vargr1105 »

Oiran shrugs his shoulders then takes the rope and follows Heather's advice. Once it is done he continues into the pool.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#593 Post by max_vale »

Xam does his best to break out of his stupor and nods to Heather at her idea of having the cleric connected to a rope. "A good idea"; he compliments her and slings his bow over his shoulder and takes ahold of the rope as well. "Oiran; tug hard on the rope if you need us to pull you back quickly"; he calls out to the priest.

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#594 Post by angelicdoctor »

I do not like this. Deals made with such creatures, fair or otherwise, rarely end well. Cirdan keeps his bow nocked and fixed on the head of the 'female' in the pool.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#595 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:Oiran shrugs his shoulders then takes the rope and follows Heather's advice. Once it is done he continues into the pool.
You make it to the door unmolested. The pool water is very cold and about waist deep at your current position. It seems to get shallower to the south and deeper to the north. The hallway ahead is flooded with 3-4 feet of water and stretches off into the darkness. The only sound is the dripping of water and the lapping of the pond against the stone walls.

The water is waist deep and soaks everything from the waist down, including the small sack tied to your belt. You loose 1 days worth of rations as the biscuits are ruined (dried fruit nuts and meat are ok). Please roll 2 saving throws for your scrolls. You need a 16 or better. Your component pouch is also soaked. Some of the material components may be unusable.
Attachments
tomoachan.png
tomoachan.png (259.01 KiB) Viewed 806 times

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#596 Post by Bhart »

angelicdoctor wrote:I do not like this. Deals made with such creatures, fair or otherwise, rarely end well. Cirdan keeps his bow nocked and fixed on the head of the 'female' in the pool.
She has submerged you don't see her any more.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by onlyme »

Sterling calls out, "How does it look over there? See a way out?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#598 Post by tooleychris »

Heather continues to scan the waters for the temptress growing ever more nervous. Jumping at every ripple in the cool pool.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#599 Post by Vargr1105 »

Scroll Saving Throw: [1d20] = 14

Scroll Saving Throw: [1d20] = 4

ooc: updated the equipment list.

Oiran shouts back to the group what he can see of the other passage once the crossing is done.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by max_vale »

Xam does his best to keep an eye out throughout the chamber; looking all around for the possible return of the 'lady'; as well as occasionally looking up, back, and all around for anything attempting to sneak up on him and his fellows....

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 1ed”