Character Creation

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Creation

#41 Post by Recklessfireball »

Sure you can. However, at the start of this adventure you are being chased by a thousand angry natives. So, you would have to triple their salary to keep them from fleeing.
Hey, my guy's fat. I might triple their salary to act as a decoy, just so I can get away. :lol:

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Bhart »

If you post an image for you character with your character sheet I will use it to make an icon for the maps. If you want something different or want me to choose please let me know.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Recklessfireball »

If you post an image for you character with your character sheet I will use it to make an icon for the maps. If you want something different or want me to choose please let me know.
I got nothing. Feel free to improvise on my behalf. :)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Dogma »

No preference for me either.

On a side note, tomorrow I leave for a business trip overseas and will have sporadic internet until Monday. I should be able to have regular access through Thurday, then be on and off until Friday again.

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by angelicdoctor »

Have you good folks had some trouble using the Character Form for multi-class PCs? I cannot successfully create the ratio, i.e. 4/3 in the form.

Slighted
Scout
Scout

#46 Post by Slighted »

Where do you find the height and weight info (assuming you roll for it)? or do you just make that up? Thanks.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Recklessfireball »

Where do you find the height and weight info (assuming you roll for it)? or do you just make that up? Thanks
I just made mine up. I wanted a fairly tall, overweight character. Human beings come in all shapes in sizes and it doesn't have a mechanical impact unless you get ridiculously large or small, so I figured what the heck. *shrug*

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Vargr1105 »

angelicdoctor wrote:Have you good folks had some trouble using the Character Form for multi-class PCs? I cannot successfully create the ratio, i.e. 4/3 in the form.
Apparently it does not accept anything but numbers and tolerates no spaces.

My suggestion is expressing 4/3 as 403.
Slighted wrote:Where do you find the height and weight info (assuming you roll for it)? or do you just make that up? Thanks.
Age is on page 12-13 of DMG
Height/Weight is on page 102 of DMG

Both can also be found on page 31 of OSRIC v2.2

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by max_vale »

Have you tried just writing out "Fighter 1 Thief 1" (or what the class combo is)? Not sure if that works or you have enough space...maybe just F1 T1?

Just thinking out loud....

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by angelicdoctor »

I believe that I did try something similar to that. I just posted an all text version. No worries.

Slighted
Scout
Scout

#51 Post by Slighted »

Do you recommend I utilize Weapon Specialization (from UA) or avoid it?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by max_vale »

Are you playing a Fighter or Ranger? I don't think Paladins have the ability to use Weapon Specialization...but I might be wrong...(I'm at work and the book is at home).

I DEFINITELY recommend it. It eats up a lot of Proficency Slots....but it's worth it!

(My 2 cents, anyway!)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by Vargr1105 »

To Hit bonuses, extra damage and extra attacks?

What is there to "avoid" from Weapon Specialization? ;)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by max_vale »

Disregard the first part of my last post...I see now that you're playing a Fighter....sorry, I mixed you up with onlyme who is playing a Paladin....sorry both of you!

(I'm an idiot.... :oops: )

YES....I recommend Weapon Specialization....if you take a Bow, at 5th level you have 2 more slots; with a X-bow or Melee weapon, you have 3 extra slots.

Slighted
Scout
Scout

#55 Post by Slighted »

I didn't know if there was an in-game downside or OOC complications for a new guy, but I'll take it!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by max_vale »

The only real "downside" is that it eats up more than 1 weapon proficiency (3 for a bow).....this can really suck for 1st level Fighters (and DEFINITELY for 1st level Rangers who want to be bad-ass bowmen)....but once you get a 5th weapon proficency or 4th for a Ranger; it's not bad.

And the advantages are great! The only thing that was always a pain the ass for me as a DM was the strange 3/2 or 5/2 attacks....but that's probably because I have a lousy memory for that kind of thing! :)

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Bhart »

Slighted wrote:Where do you find the height and weight info (assuming you roll for it)? or do you just make that up? Thanks.
Yeah making it up is fine as long as it is reasonable (no 12' tall humans). If you want guidance or want to leave it to the dice the tables are on pg 102 of the DMG.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Bhart »

Slighted wrote:I didn't know if there was an in-game downside or OOC complications for a new guy, but I'll take it!
The major down side is that you are proficient with fewer weapons, thus you have less of a chance at getting a magic weapon that you can use with out a penalty. However, the bonuses you get for the specialization balance that out...at least until you find that Sword of Sharpness and it turns out to be a type you are not proficient with.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Bhart »

Ok most of you are ready to go. Slighted and Angelicdoctor still have to finish up but we can get started and they will just be "extras" in the background until they finish.

So I'm planning on starting the game tomorrow!

Go to the In Game thread read the intro and feel free to start posting. Intro your characters and get to know each other before the action starts !

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 1ed”