OOC

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#61 Post by onlyme »

Bhart wrote:
onlyme wrote:I will be away from a computer from Dec 1-9. If I can, I will post some relevant standing orders for Sterling to follow. If not, feel free to npc him that week where appropriate.
OK

Ok, no standing orders that I can think of... he will fight with bastard sword first if necessary, but please have him attempt to negotiate before fighting.

As a player, I would caution doing too much in the direction we are going. It sounds like a river, lake, etc butting up to the walls, and any digging may drown us???
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Bhart »

onlyme wrote:
Bhart wrote:
onlyme wrote:I will be away from a computer from Dec 1-9. If I can, I will post some relevant standing orders for Sterling to follow. If not, feel free to npc him that week where appropriate.
OK

Ok, no standing orders that I can think of... he will fight with bastard sword first if necessary, but please have him attempt to negotiate before fighting.

As a player, I would caution doing too much in the direction we are going. It sounds like a river, lake, etc butting up to the walls, and any digging may drown us???
Ok we'll try to keep you alive. ;)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by max_vale »

Okay.....that crayfish officially ROCKS! :)

Also....who's with me in thinking that "boulder" is some kind of hermit crab? :)

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Recklessfireball »

Okay.....that crayfish officially ROCKS!
Yeah, I'm gonna miss that lil' guy. *sniff* Would have made a damn fine familiar. :mrgreen:
Also....who's with me in thinking that "boulder" is some kind of hermit crab?
I was thinking Galeb Duhr, myself. The disappearing staff boggles me, though. :? A giant crab would fit the theme of the chamber, I suppose.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by max_vale »

I was thinking the staff was one of its legs......ever see a hermit crab ? Sometimes they cover up and leave a leg or two (or more) sticking out....

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Recklessfireball »

I was thinking the staff was one of its legs......ever see a hermit crab ? Sometimes they cover up and leave a leg or two (or more) sticking out....
Ah, right. That makes some sense. And a Galeb Dhur would be somewhat deadly for characters of our level. Of course, old school modules expect you to try to skirt around/avoid most combat, so It might not be entirely out of the question. Whatever the case, let's just hope it's too wide to follow us down the corridor. :mrgreen:

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Bhart »

Hey sorry for the delay guys, my Face to face game ran late tonight and I'm beat. I'll catch up and move things forward tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by onlyme »

I'm back...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Slighted
Scout
Scout

#69 Post by Slighted »

Really slammed at work, but trying to keep an eye on the thread. Thanks for understanding.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#70 Post by Vargr1105 »

Considering our positions on the map, is most of the party even aware that the rats are moving to attack?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Considering our positions on the map, is most of the party even aware that the rats are moving to attack?
You should certainly have heard their battle squeaks.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Bhart »

Yes the party is aware. You all heard the battle squeaks. :lol:

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by onlyme »

CAn I get a ruling on what Sterling's protection from evil means? ie if the rats attack unprovoked (which it seems they are doing) then they are either acting as evil or under evil leadership. So, would he be immuned to them?

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by Bhart »

onlyme wrote:CAn I get a ruling on what Sterling's protection from evil means? ie if the rats attack unprovoked (which it seems they are doing) then they are either acting as evil or under evil leadership. So, would he be immuned to them?
No, they are neutral and not summoned or enchanted. Having an evil leader doesn't qualify.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by Bhart »

Ok I'm back from holiday. I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas. Now lets get back to killing monsters and dodging traps. :D

Slighted
Scout
Scout

#76 Post by Slighted »

Still traveling for a couple more days, but I am going to get caught up and dive back in soon. Sitting by my son's bed in a hospital 8 hours from home. :( He'll be fine, but not a fun experience.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Dogma »

Hope all is well with your son. Best wishes.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Bhart »

Slighted wrote:Still traveling for a couple more days, but I am going to get caught up and dive back in soon. Sitting by my son's bed in a hospital 8 hours from home. :( He'll be fine, but not a fun experience.
Sorry to hear it. Hope everything turns out ok.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by onlyme »

Is there a common monster in D&D that is a man/rat thingy, that a 5th level PC should know of? I dont know if it is one that I know we should be fighting to the death, or if it is more likely a human under a spell that we should save somehow?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by Vargr1105 »

Here is everything a 5th level PC needs to know about any enemy :mrgreen: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNr0WXQ3Ho4

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 1ed”