006 Arrival at Arthiop

ffilz
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 006 Arrival at Arthiop

#141 Post by Tiglath »

lenusmars wrote:The corner of Sara’s mouth curls up in half smile "Acting Captain, huh?" She shakes her head as she glances up at Gauvain fondly. And half shrugs.
Foix immediately replies with a smile “You are effortlessly performing in a Command role with great responsibility - I don’t see anyone else at the helm”.
lenusmars wrote:"You didn’t do anything wrong Gauvain" Sara sighs lightly through her nose. "She’s just... really in love, which is great, but it’s scary too, yeah? ‘Specially when there’s some big gap, like social rank, or age or life experiences or whatever." She turns her eyes away and adjusts her panel. "You just... feel so... intensely, and you worry that difference is going to take them away from you somehow"
He lets out a breath and continues “I’m grateful for your candour and I am greatly relieved that you think as you do. Nevertheless, it seems that something has upset Lady Anevay and I can only assume it is me”.

He confides “Generals must be, to a degree, both ruthless and arrogant to perform in the role. Those that have managed to retain their humanity whilst obtaining the rank would be foolish not to recognise how lucky we are to find love. Perhaps sometimes we just need a little help with seeing the obvious".

Hearing Ana and Vee entering he gives Sara a comradely clap on the shoulder and says "Ah, here they come!"
joertexas wrote:Vee steps over to the bridge hatch, and goes back inside. She nods to Foix. "My Lord."
Foix nods in return and says “Lady Anevay, Knight, you seemed upset - I hope I have done nothing to offend you? If I have I beg your pardon and will do whatever I can to make amends”.

He obviously notices Ana's entry but keeps his full attention on Vee.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix nods in return and says “Lady Anevay, Knight, you seemed upset - I hope I have done nothing to offend you? If I have I beg your pardon and will do whatever I can to make amends”.He obviously notices Ana's entry but keeps his full attention on Vee.
Vee crosses the bridge in three quick steps, and her face crumples as she envelops Foix in a fierce hug and buries her face in his chest. "I'm so sorry, Gauvain," she says through her tears, her voice muffled. "I love you."

After a moment, she leans back to look at him. "I will be whatever you want me to be. As long as we are together; that's all I want."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Tiglath »

Foix, usually master of his emotions, registers momentary surprise. However, his instinctive reaction has him returning Vee’s embrace even as he processes her declaration.

He lets out a relieved breath and with a smile replies to Vee “I believed that I had somehow deeply offended you. Lady Anevay, you shall have your wish!”

He continues more soberly “However, we must hear from Lady Alicia. If my ex wife has assumed power then it is reasonable to suppose that she has annulled our separation. Otherwise her claim to the throne is void. Therefore it is entirely possible that I am still married”.

“We should pay our respects to my aunt aboard the Kiara Surabi. I want to introduce her to my newest Knight and …” he casts an admiring glance at Ana now armed with her swords, “… my Warlord”.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:“We should pay our respects to my aunt aboard the Kiara Surabi. I want to introduce her to my newest Knight and …” he casts an admiring glance at Ana now armed with her swords, “… my Warlord”.
Vee nods in understanding at Foix's explanation of his martial status. "If I am to meet your family, I'd like to have something more appropriate than this." She tugs at her tunic for emphasis. "Unless you think I should wear it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Tiglath »

Foix grins "Lady Anevay since I am declaring myself to Lady Alicia I can probably afford to briefly suspend my incognito status. If you are not satisfied with your wardrobe then something must be done! Before we visit Lady Alicia we shall shop like the nobility!"

(OOC: With the GM's agreement Foix will use his "company credit card" here so Vee can claim a few ridiculous outfits (and the bad guys can trace the transaction and try to do us in! :twisted: ) Foix's (perhaps romantically compromised) logic here is that the transaction may be written off as Lady Alicia's expenditure. Of course, "noble shopping" demands that absolutely nothing of any practical use can be purchased. Cue the Pretty Woman shopping montage! :) ).
Last edited by Tiglath on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix grins "Lady Anevay since I am declaring myself to Lady Alicia I can probably afford to briefly suspend my incognito status. If you are not satisfied with your wardrobe then something must be done! Before we visit Lady Alicia we shall shop like the nobility!"
"Oh, you do know how to charm a girl!" Vee says with a grin.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#147 Post by Ramona »

Ana watches the proceedings on the bridge quietly, she pulls a length of red silk cloth out of a pocket and starts weaving it through her fingers, around her hand and wrist before tying it off around her forearm. When she’s done with her left hand she starts on her right.

The Mazie Star swoops in though the radioactive orange haze of Arthiop’s atmosphere touching down gently on a landing pad near the edge of the starport. The pad turns and slowly lowers into an underground hanger, sprinklers douse the ship with water rinsing away any residual radiation.

Nice landing sweetie,” Ana says giving Sara a kiss on the top of her head, “and not a single, oh god oh god we’re all going to die moment.

The service crew should be here to give us an estimate and start servicing the drives in 2 or 3 hours, the cargo handlers should be here at 1800 local and hopefully we can get our passengers off in the interm.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Nice landing sweetie,” Ana says giving Sara a kiss on the top of her head, “and not a single, oh god oh god we’re all going to die moment.
The service crew should be here to give us an estimate and start servicing the drives in 2 or 3 hours, the cargo handlers should be here at 1800 local and hopefully we can get our passengers off in the interm.
"Make her buy you a nice dinner," Vee says to Sara. "The landing was worth at least that." She turns to Foix. "Duty calls, my lord. Shall we?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#149 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:Nice landing sweetie,” Ana says giving Sara a kiss on the top of her head, “and not a single, oh god oh god we’re all going to die moment.
Sara stands and stretches, then gives Ana a playful push. "Not one I told anyone about, anyway." She grins.
Sara pulls out her hand computer. "Well I'm going to do postflight real quick, then we'll get a picture of you in that sexy get up."
"Make her buy you a nice dinner," Vee says to Sara. "The landing was worth at least that." She turns to Foix. "Duty calls, my lord. Shall we?"
"Oh, believe me, I'll get what I'm owed." She winks at Vee.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Tiglath »

Foix turns to Ana and Sara and says “Lady Anevay will be refreshing her wardrobe in the startown boutiques before we see Lady Alicia. You are both welcome to join us and, since the Domain will be paying, please shop for any items for yourselves”.

Glancing at Ana he smiles as he asks Sara "You have excellent taste Mam'selle Sara. Will you guide our purchases?"

To Ana he adds “These places have by far the best appointed “reviewing stands” I’ve encountered anywhere. Everything comes to you - it makes the whole process quite painless. Of course, if you were kind enough to come along the entire thing would become a pleasure”.

He produces a small wand from a wallet and activates it with his signet ring before casually handing it to Vee "I will use one of the Domain's 24 hour contingency accounts. Enjoy!" He waits to see if Ana or Sara wish to join the shopping expedition.

Edit: additional dialogue

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He produces a small wand from a wallet and activates it with his signet ring before casually handing it to Vee "I will use one of the Domain's 24 hour contingency accounts. Enjoy!" He waits to see if Ana or Sara wish to join the shopping expedition.
"Thank you," Vee says. She awaits Ana's and Sara's responses to Foix's invitation.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:He produces a small wand from a wallet and activates it with his signet ring before casually handing it to Vee "I will use one of the Domain's 24 hour contingency accounts. Enjoy!" He waits to see if Ana or Sara wish to join the shopping expedition.
"Thank you," Vee says. She awaits Ana's and Sara's responses to Foix's invitation.
Ana looks down at her clothes which are, by their cut and style still fashionable, 80 to 100 years out of date. “Is there something wrong with what I’m wearing?
Last edited by Ramona on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#153 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:Sara pulls out her hand computer. "Well I'm going to do postflight real quick, then we'll get a picture of you in that sexy get up."
I’ll wait at the cargo doors,” Ana replies clicking the guard of her blade absently with a finger.
lenusmars wrote:
"Oh, believe me, I'll get what I'm owed." She winks at Vee.
The atmosphere of this planet is a radioactive witches brew, do you trust what they’re cooking here?” Ana asks quietly, “of course I grew up on the remains of an industrial wasteland so this is probably something of a step up.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"Thank you," Vee says. She awaits Ana's and Sara's responses to Foix's invitation.
Foix smiles "Be careful with that it is a House Foix asset. The contingency accounts are quite special banking arrangements - twenty four hours is the credit limit on that account".
Ramona wrote: Ana looks down at her clothes which are, by their cut and style still fashionable, 80 to 100 years out of date. “Is there something wrong with what I’m wearing?
Foix immediately replies "Absolutely not! Change nothing - your look is sublime".

He steps closer to Ana and lowers his voice "Ana this is the opening move of a campaign that I hope I do not have to fight. I would count it as a personal favour if you would drink champagne by the pint and admire purchases in my company at the starport boutiques".

Edited

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix smiles "Be careful with that it is a House Foix asset. The contingency accounts are quite special banking arrangements - twenty four hours is the credit limit on that account".
"I will keep it next to my heart," Vee says as she slips the wand under her tunic and into her brassiere.
Tiglath wrote:Foix immediately replies "Absolutely not! Change nothing - your look is sublime".
He steps closer to Ana and lowers his voice "Ana this is the opening move of a campaign that I hope I do not have to fight. I would count it as a personal favour if you would drink champagne by the pint and admire purchases in my company at the starport boutiques".
Vee uses all of her hard-won sangfroid to remain dispassionate as she watches Foix and Ana interact. For all of their closeness, Gauvain, Lord Foix, is still an enigma to be explored.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#156 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:Foix immediately replies "Absolutely not! Change nothing - your look is sublime".

Ana smiles a little and sighs, “I could do that, maybe I can find a hat or something to update my look. You better not get me shot, again.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"I will keep it next to my heart," Vee says as she slips the wand under her tunic and into her brassiere.
Vee's hiding place gets Foix full and undivided attention as she secures the credit wand.

+++

In the boutique the arrival of customers whose credit is as solid as it is limitless gets the full attention of the staff. Foix seems entirely at home in the VIP area and when the first bottle chilled champagne arrives he opens it by sabrage and turns to the attentive staff to say “Another bottle and bigger glasses – you are serving soldiers!”

As the staff hurry to fetch more he reclines on a sofa and says to Ana “These places wouldn’t be so crass as to use listening devices. It would utterly destroy their reputation so we can talk freely. However, intelligence gathering among the nobility is a traditional industry”. He smiles “Welcome to the game, Baroness elect”.

He continues “I chose this particular boutique because I know another House has seeded it heavily with their agents one of whom is a double agent for my wife. She will get her Intel direct or through brokerage. I am also well known in their branches. A lingerie buying expedition got rather infamously out of hand when the staff did some impromptu modelling for me”.
Ramona wrote:Ana smiles a little and sighs, “I could do that, maybe I can find a hat or something to update my look. You better not get me shot, again.
He drags himself from fond reminiscence to quickly ask “When did I get you shot? More interestingly where did I get you shot? ” he adds innocently “If you showed me the scar it might jog my memory”.

He distractedly adds "Just say "hats" - they'll start bringing you their entire inventory".

(OOC: I assume here that Vee and Sara (if she comes along) are shopping or trying on purchases).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: I assume here that Vee and Sara (if she comes along) are shopping or trying on purchases).
You assume correctly ;-)

Vee engages the staff members in a conversation about what constitutes acceptable dress for a person of her station, without being overly flashy. Cost is a secondary issue; she does her best, but some of the more conservative items are perversely the most expensive. She looks for three outfits, one formal, one semi-formal, and one for business. If she needs more clothing later, then she will deal with it then.

Her formal outfit is a dress that shows her modest decolletage to full advantage, with an ankle-length skirt that suits her height. She smiles at Foix when she approaches him to model it. "You go easy on that champagne, my love. Hangovers aren't romantic." Her tone is light, and there is a promise in her smile.

Private to Sara:
When she and Sara are alone for a moment, Vee speaks without looking at her. "How are you and your soldier getting along?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#159 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:In the boutique the arrival of customers whose credit is as solid as it is limitless gets the full attention of the staff. Foix seems entirely at home in the VIP area and when the first bottle chilled champagne arrives he opens it by sabrage and turns to the attentive staff to say “Another bottle and bigger glasses – you are serving soldiers!”
Ana fowns shooing away the hostess with the champagne. “Your lordship is entirely casual about the entire affair and I do not like it one bit. It’s like sticking an arm into a dust spider’s lair and hoping for the best.
Tiglath wrote:As the staff hurry to fetch more he reclines on a sofa and says to Ana “These places wouldn’t be so crass as to use listening devices. It would utterly destroy their reputation so we can talk freely. However, intelligence gathering among the nobility is a traditional industry”. He smiles “Welcome to the game, Baroness elect”.

He continues “I chose this particular boutique because I know another House has seeded it heavily with their agents one of whom is a double agent for my wife. She will get her Intel direct or through brokerage. I am also well known in their branches. A lingerie buying expedition got rather infamously out of hand when the staff did some impromptu modelling for me”.
Ana lets out a sigh, “I’m beginning to wonder if as a woman I might be on the wrong side.
Tiglath wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana smiles a little and sighs, “I could do that, maybe I can find a hat or something to update my look. You better not get me shot, again.
He drags himself from fond reminiscence to quickly ask “When did I get you shot? More interestingly where did I get you shot? ” he adds innocently “If you showed me the scar it might jog my memory”.
Ana rubs the side of her left breast instinctively, “It was from behind, left side, straight through the arm hole and into my boob. There was so much blood in my armour the medics thought it’d clipped an artery.” She pauses and looks at Foix, “Don’t laugh, it really hurt and no you may not kiss it better.

”You got a commendation. I got 23 stitches, a bunch of vat grown tissues and chewed out by Anton for not being in my FOB.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"You go easy on that champagne, my love. Hangovers aren't romantic." Her tone is light, and there is a promise in her smile.
Foix raises his glass and replies with an appreciative smile “Then how very fortunate that I am. Lady Anevay, you look a delight!”
joertexas wrote: For all of their closeness, Gauvain, Lord Foix, is still an enigma to be explored.
(OCC: Oh, fasten your seatbelts ... ;) ).
Ramona wrote:Ana fowns shooing away the hostess with the champagne. “Your lordship is entirely casual about the entire affair and I do not like it one bit. It’s like sticking an arm into a dust spider’s lair and hoping for the best.
Just for a moment a flash of ennui passes across Foix’s features and he sweeps up Ana’s silk bound hand and, kissing it, fixes her with a soldier’s ruthlessly focussed gaze. He speaks very softly but with tactical clarity “No it isn’t. I should have briefed you in. It’s like building a false campsite with open fires, neat tents and no sentries and putting your troops in overwatch above the trap and a stop group over the exfiltration route. It is a form of warfare that you can’t yet finesse which is why I’m keeping you in reserve. If you want to play your part I’ll be trying some shirts on in a short while and we will engage in a “spontaneous” bout of image capture. It will be leaked – the effect will simultaneously destroy a rival House Intel asset, compromise my wife’s best agent and perform a task vital to my war effort”.

Then Foix seems to loose his military focus and instead substitutes his most charismatic roguish smile whilst pulling Ana in close “On a personal level you, in that look, with a pair of swords, mon dieu c’est si belle. There are two obvious ways out here, cheri – punch me or kiss me! Don’t hold back!”
Ramona wrote: Ana lets out a sigh, “I’m beginning to wonder if as a woman I might be on the wrong side.
Foix retorts defensively “But I love women! Perhaps less specifically than some might prescribe but in fairness I couldn’t do without them! I must assume Lysette Eloise is not in her best of health. I fear she would simply eliminate you as a threat - quite possibly within seconds of meeting you”.
Ramona wrote:Ana rubs the side of her left breast instinctively, “It was from behind, left side, straight through the arm hole and into my boob. There was so much blood in my armour the medics thought it’d clipped an artery.” She pauses and looks at Foix, “Don’t laugh, it really hurt and no you may not kiss it better.

”You got a commendation. I got 23 stitches, a bunch of vat grown tissues and chewed out by Anton for not being in my FOB.
Foix instinctively replies "Alas, I fear you may have overlooked the benefits to the carer of pointless yet enthusiastic massage ..."

He then thoughtfully says “The breach at Hessia? I remember we were clear for a moment - because everyone else was dead. You were waving reserves forward - I thought you had lost your footing. Then three insurgent fanatics demanded my attention and at that moment 2REP La Legion joined us. My old battalion - Les Paras! They were supposed to be in reserve but those majestic bastards and bitches charged through Second Infantry and then everyone joined in. It was a magnificently democratic bayonet charge!"

He continues "I did indeed get a commendation. At the time there was a very strange political urging for me to assume your role in the breach. Our Imperial Liaison officer seemed overly keen on re-scripting the actions of brave men and women that I had witnessed myself and offered me an Imperial honour to help my recollection of events. Alas, he impugned my honour - I met him at dawn and he ate grass for his breakfast".

"As to Anton, after a full and frank discussion he and I agreed to disagree over his cowardly personal conduct during the siege. I was going to duel him straight after the Imperial lickspittle - he failed to appear. Actually I think I saw him running away!”.

He continues “Ana, La Legion were saving our rounds for our own wounded – you know what the insurgents did. I can say those beautiful men and women who retook the breach used bayonets and rifle butts. My Legion snipers had used all their rounds and were fighting as infantry but given where we were on the reverse slope your wound could not be a spent round or a deflection. I’ve taken that shot myself. I think you did slip and with more than a half second flight time it saved your life. I believe you were shot by a master sniper positioned behind the front line. The shooter could only have been positioned within the Imperial enclave”.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”