006 Arrival at Arthiop

ffilz
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 006 Arrival at Arthiop

#121 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:Vee's eyes widen in surprise, with a touch of trepidation. She dismisses that thought instantly - there is no way this man would injure her, she knew from somewhere deep in her soul. She squats down, and then drops onto her knees. Another thought comes to mind, and she banishes it with a smile that manifests as a brief quirk at the corners of her mouth. She takes a moment to compose herself, straightens her back, and looks expectantly at Foix.
Foix meets her gaze, catches her smile, returns a wicked one of his own and then has to make a visible effort to focus. He directs his speech towards his signet ring and solemnly says “I am Gauvain de Beauhernais a L’Espée Foix, Comte de Foix. Event: This day I ennoble Anevay Becker raising her to the rank of Knight of the Domain”. Foix extends his blade and taps Vee with it on her right then left shoulders. After that simple act he sheathes his blade and commands her “Avancez, chevalier du maison Foix. Rise, Lady Anevay of House Foix”.

He raises her to her feet and kisses her on both cheeks. He then says “Legalities and provenance for the Heralds - hold still”. He holds the signet ring close in front of her face and from it a soft blue beam of light plays over her features lingering over her right eye. The light snaps off and Foix speaks “Witnesses: Général Anastasia Jones, Acting Captain Sarah Kelley of the trader Maize Star, Colonel Aarav Chu”.

Foix smiles contentedly “Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Lady Anevay, Knight of the Domain of Foix”.
Ramona wrote: Ana sighs, “You have no idea how many people have tried to abscond with my original daishō over the years.
With apparent innocence Foix replies “When I was younger I quite rightly got my face slapped for trying that sort of thing with a girl”.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#122 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:I assumed from the cut of the pants and the noises you were struggling to squeeze him into those,” Ana grins. “Don’t leave much to the imagination do they?
Vee's smile widens into a saucy grin. "Yes, but the reality is so much better than the imagining.
I’ve heard the stories, but if we keep talking about it in front of him he’ll get a swelled head, or a bigger one than he already has.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Tiglath »

Failing to suppress a smile Foix replies with feigned indignation "I am rising above your bawdy conversation because I am a shy and terribly sensitive type. In days gone by a gentleman, even one wearing exquisitely tailored breeches, could walk about without being ogled like a side of meat".

With a slow smile he murmurs "Now where did I put that cigar?" Having found his smoke he sits on a work console and deliberately puts one booted foot up on the seat thereby throwing the contours of his muscles into greater relief and blows a smoke ring.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:"I’ve heard the stories, but if we keep talking about it in front of him he’ll get a swelled head, or a bigger one than he already has.
Vee shakes her head and turns her attention to Foix.
Tiglath wrote:Foix smiles contentedly “Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Lady Anevay, Knight of the Domain of Foix”.
Vee does as she is told, her eyes wide.
Tiglath wrote:Failing to suppress a smile Foix replies with feigned indignation "I am rising above your bawdy conversation because I am a shy and terribly sensitive type. In days gone by a gentleman, even one wearing exquisitely tailored breeches, could walk about without being ogled like a side of meat".
With a slow smile he murmurs "Now where did I put that cigar?" Having found his smoke he sits on a work console and deliberately puts one booted foot up on the seat thereby throwing the contours of his muscles into greater relief and blows a smoke ring.
Vee glances around at the witnesses, and then she steps up to Foix. "So, what did you just do? I get the part about I'm now a knight, which is a noble title, whatever that means. What else does it mean for me, or should we discuss it in private?" Her voice and manner are calm; she appears curious more than concerned.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#125 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:Foix meets her gaze, catches her smile, returns a wicked one of his own and then has to make a visible effort to focus. He directs his speech towards his signet ring and solemnly says “I am Gauvain de Beauhernais a L’Espée Foix, Comte de Foix. Event: This day I ennoble Anevay Becker raising her to the rank of Knight of the Domain”. Foix extends his blade and taps Vee with it on her right then left shoulders. After that simple act he sheathes his blade and commands her “Avancez, chevalier du maison Foix. Rise, Lady Anevay of House Foix”.

He raises her to her feet and kisses her on both cheeks. He then says “Legalities and provenance for the Heralds - hold still”. He holds the signet ring close in front of her face and from it a soft blue beam of light plays over her features lingering over her right eye. The light snaps off and Foix speaks “Witnesses: Général Anastasia Jones, Acting Captain Sarah Kelley of the trader Maize Star, Colonel Aarav Chu”.

Foix smiles contentedly “Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Lady Anevay, Knight of the Domain of Foix”.
Your ladyship.” Ana says with a curtsy.
Tiglath wrote:
Ramona wrote: Ana sighs, “You have no idea how many people have tried to abscond with my original daishō over the years.
With apparent innocence Foix replies “When I was younger I quite rightly got my face slapped for trying that sort of thing with a girl”.
Ana rolls her eyes, “Don’t make me call HR on you.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:Failing to suppress a smile Foix replies with feigned indignation "I am rising above your bawdy conversation because I am a shy and terribly sensitive type. In days gone by a gentleman, even one wearing exquisitely tailored breeches, could walk about without being ogled like a side of meat".

That’s going to take a lot of bleach to get out of my brain,” Ana says with a sigh, “just because you grow old, doesn’t mean you necessarily grow up.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Tiglath »

Ramona wrote:That’s going to take a lot of bleach to get out of my brain,” Ana says with a sigh, “just because you grow old, doesn’t mean you necessarily grow up.
Foix smirks at Ana and replies “You well know that over the years I have made a determined effort to not grow up - I see no reason to start now. Push me too hard and I'll have to resort to toilet humour”.
joertexas wrote: Vee glances around at the witnesses, and then she steps up to Foix. "So, what did you just do? I get the part about I'm now a knight, which is a noble title, whatever that means. What else does it mean for me, or should we discuss it in private?" Her voice and manner are calm; she appears curious more than concerned.
Foix looks at Vee and explains “Lady Anevay you are now and forever a Knight of the Domain of Foix. It is not an Imperial rank and is only recognised within my holdings within the Rift. There are no lands or responsibilities held with the title. You are also by legal definition my consort, for which I am most grateful, and therefore entitled to the rank and title of a Lady of the Domain – but I made you a Knight”.

He smiles “I am the worst kind of romantic fool and I think too much of you to grant you a title associated only with the bedroom. You are a Knight: you have the right to bear arms, maintain troops in my service, hold lands, raise taxes and dispense justice in my name. I’d be really, really careful about the last - it can easily get out of hand”. He waves a hand dismissively “There are also certain immunities to prosecution arising from duelling and you can wear a blazon of arms”.

He laughs “Your appointment will drive the Heralds into fits! I suppose you could style yourself Knight Consort to make the point but the title of “Lady” actually covers both situations”.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He laughs “Your appointment will drive the Heralds into fits! I suppose you could style yourself Knight Consort to make the point but the title of “Lady” actually covers both situations”.
"Consort," Vee says as she processes what Foix has done. "Isn't that a lot like 'wife'?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Tiglath »

Foix looks somewhat bemused whilst processing a chain of logic alien to him "The Heralds insist the title goes to any person in a relationship with the Count - no matter how brief. It was put in as a balance to prevent lovers being discarded with no prospects by my unscrupulous forebearers".

He quickly adds "I wouldn't do that to you, Vee. That's why I made you a Knight". With a look of surprised realisation Foix continues "In these circumstances Consort translates very well into "girlfriend".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He quickly adds "I wouldn't do that to you, Vee. That's why I made you a Knight". With a look of surprised realisation Foix continues "In these circumstances Consort translates very well into "girlfriend".
"Girlfriend." Vee nods once. "I... see." She looks down, and then takes a breath. "Thank you, My Lord. I will..." She takes another breath. "I will serve you... well. Excuse me." She turns and quickly exits the bridge.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by Ramona »

Ana departs the bridge after Vee heading to her cabin, “You all right?” She asks standing at the door, “Kind of a lot to take in I suppose.

If you want to talk, give me a sec to grab my Obi and Daishō.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:If you want to talk, give me a sec to grab my Obi and Daishō.
Vee stands at the door to her cabin, dabbing at her eyes with a handkerchief. "I'm sorry, I'm being a sentimental idiot, and I'm embarrassing Gauvain."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:If you want to talk, give me a sec to grab my Obi and Daishō.
Vee stands at the door to her cabin, dabbing at her eyes with a handkerchief. "I'm sorry, I'm being a sentimental idiot, and I'm embarrassing Gauvain."
Ana comes out of her cabin a few moments later wearing a thick, deep crimson, leather belt that goes from the bottom of her ribs to the top of her hips and has two long straps in the front that extend to her knees, in her hand are a pair of blades in lacquered black scabards, the circular brass guard on the longer of the two blades is clearly a stylized chrysanthemum.

Ana give her a hug after sliding the twin blades under the Obi.

Ordinarily I’d dress you down for crying on the battlefield and tell you to buck up or there’s no crying in baseball or some other pithy useless advice designed to inspire you; however, as we’re not on a battlefield you go ahead and cry as much as you want and don’t worry about Foix.

Ana shrugs, “When I knew the Count at Nieu Rochelle and Andorra he was a good and honourable man, a womanizer and a high functioning alcoholic but a good man.” She sighs, “When you’ve seen and done the things we have there has to be a release valve or you’ll go mad, but that was a long time ago and people change.

Ana closes her eyes, “I’m really terrible at this whole personal relationship thing, well, except the getting screwed over, I am an expert at getting screwed over.

Foix is still that same good and honourable man, if he says something he means it and you can trust him to follow through on whatever course of action he sets his mind to and he will defend you with his last breath. All the same I’d watch your back around the others. The halls of the Imperial nobility are filled with vipers and cutthroats, halls that you now find yourself a part of.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Ana closes her eyes, “I’m really terrible at this whole personal relationship thing, well, except the getting screwed over, I am an expert at getting screwed over.

Foix is still that same good and honourable man, if he says something he means it and you can trust him to follow through on whatever course of action he sets his mind to and he will defend you with his last breath. All the same I’d watch your back around the others. The halls of the Imperial nobility are filled with vipers and cutthroats, halls that you now find yourself a part of.
Vee listens, dabbing at her eyes as Ana speaks. "I don't think Sara would deliberately hurt you, not that I know her well at all."

She turns to fix herself a cup of tea from the dispenser in the crew lounge. "Gauvain has done more for me than I could have ever expected, especially considering that we've been together for such a short time." She sips her tea. "He is two meters tall compared to the others I've been with, and not just physically." She sighs. "Two weeks, and I am hopelessly in love with him. Every scar, every flaw, every one of my insecurities, we have seen it. Together. Whatever else comes, that is what matters to me. I am his vassal, and I am honored to serve him."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#135 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:
lenusmars wrote:Sara raises an eyebrow, her smile widening. "Three types? Color me intrigued." She gives Ana a slow once-over, nods to herself "Totally hot. You know, I think I will get a picture once we land."
It’s like a Hallow’s Eve kind of gift wrap, layers and layers, probably not as exciting as you think.” Ana leans against the hatch frame, putting one hand on her hip, the other behind her head and one foot up on the frame. “How’s this? Very high fashion.
Sara grins. "With you, if it's headed that direction, my experience says it's more exciting than I think... and that's saying something."

She whistles when Ana poses. "Aw... hey... no fair torturing the pilot."
Ramona wrote:
lenusmars wrote:Sara shakes her head. "Nope. Hot. Very dramatic. If I didn’t have a ship to land without, you know, killing us all, you’d be in serious trouble."
If you don’t land this ship right we’ll all be in serious trouble,” Ana says with a grin, “good things come to those who wait.
Sara flips some switches and checks a plot. "Oh, I'm counting on it."

Sara watches the whole knighting taking place on her bridge in glances and smiles but otherwise pays attention to her control board as they're directed into their berth. When Vee leaves so suddenly a sympathetic expression crosses her face. She glances at Foix but is then otherwise occupied with final approach.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Tiglath »

lenusmars wrote: Sara watches the whole knighting taking place on her bridge in glances and smiles but otherwise pays attention to her control board as they're directed into their berth. When Vee leaves so suddenly a sympathetic expression crosses her face. She glances at Foix but is then otherwise occupied with final approach.
“Merde!” As Vee and Ana leave Foix kicks a console and ditches his cigar into a trash can. This in turn precipitates a race between Grimaud and the bridge smoke detector.

He moves up next to Sara and says “Acting Captain Kelley, I apologise for the disturbance on your bridge”.

He smiles “I always told my Paras not to bother pilots at work. I appreciate that you are very skilfully piloting this vessel but if you followed any of what just occurred I’d appreciate your special insight into my annoying qualities. Am I so difficult to live with?” He holds up a hand. “Consider that question both rhetorical and clearly redundant!” He lets out a breath “New question. What did I do wrong there?”

In a moment of inspiration he opens his sabretache and on finding a pack of cigarettes within briefly admires the ancient helmet design on the blue pack before lighting one up. He laconically offers one to Sara.

While clearly willing to bother Sara whilst orbital Foix falls silent and expects no response while she executes final approach.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana closes her eyes, “I’m really terrible at this whole personal relationship thing, well, except the getting screwed over, I am an expert at getting screwed over.

Vee listens, dabbing at her eyes as Ana speaks. "I don't think Sara would deliberately hurt you, not that I know her well at all."
Oh, I’m not worried about that, historically my relationships are troubled, occasionally abusive, cheating was often a factor and then someone in a lab-coat stabs me in the neck with an auto injector and I wake up a decade or two later on the far side of known space.” Ana offers a weak smile, “I’d be more concerned about her and my own self-destructive tendencies.
joertexas wrote:She turns to fix herself a cup of tea from the dispenser in the crew lounge. "Gauvain has done more for me than I could have ever expected, especially considering that we've been together for such a short time." She sips her tea. "He is two meters tall compared to the others I've been with, and not just physically." She sighs. "Two weeks, and I am hopelessly in love with him. Every scar, every flaw, every one of my insecurities, we have seen it. Together. Whatever else comes, that is what matters to me. I am his vassal, and I am honored to serve him."
I’m glad to hear it just keep in mind, where there are roses, there are thorns and nobles do live by the same rules as you or I.
Ramona wrote:
lenusmars wrote:It’s like a Hallow’s Eve kind of gift wrap, layers and layers, probably not as exciting as you think.” Ana leans against the hatch frame, putting one hand on her hip, the other behind her head and one foot up on the frame. “How’s this? Very high fashion.
Sara grins. "With you, if it's headed that direction, my experience says it's more exciting than I think... and that's saying something."

She whistles when Ana poses. "Aw... hey... no fair torturing the pilot."
Trust me, not as exciting as you think,” Ana says standing back up, “3 dressed up as a 9 on the absolute outside.
Ramona wrote:
lenusmars wrote:If you don’t land this ship right we’ll all be in serious trouble,” Ana says with a grin, “good things come to those who wait.
Sara flips some switches and checks a plot. "Oh, I'm counting on it."
Sara watches the whole knighting taking place on her bridge in glances and smiles but otherwise pays attention to her control board as they're directed into their berth. When Vee leaves so suddenly a sympathetic expression crosses her face. She glances at Foix but is then otherwise occupied with final approach.
Remember sweetie, stick the landing and you get to ask me anything, well pretty much anything.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:"I’m glad to hear it just keep in mind, where there are roses, there are thorns and nobles do live by the same rules as you or I."[/dialog

Vee sets her teacup down on the counter and props her hip against it. "I don't know what came over me, Ana. I just, I couldn't figure out what I was feeling." She pushes off and stands up straight. "Now I have to go back before Gauvain thinks he's done something to offend me."

Vee steps over to the bridge hatch, and goes back inside. She nods to Foix. "My Lord."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#139 Post by lenusmars »

The corner of Sara’s mouth curls up in half smile "Acting Captain, huh?" She shakes her head as she glances up at Gauvain fondly. And half shrugs.

"You didn’t do anything wrong Gauvain" Sara sighs lightly through her nose. "She’s just... really in love, which is great, but it’s scary too, yeah? ‘Specially when there’s some big gap, like social rank, or age or life experiences or whatever." She turns her eyes away and adjusts her panel. "You just... feel so... intensely, and you worry that difference is going to take them away from you somehow"

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#140 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:"I’m glad to hear it just keep in mind, where there are roses, there are thorns and nobles do live by the same rules as you or I."
Vee sets her teacup down on the counter and props her hip against it. "I don't know what came over me, Ana. I just, I couldn't figure out what I was feeling." She pushes off and stands up straight. "Now I have to go back before Gauvain thinks he's done something to offend me."
It is a lot to process in a short amount of time.” Ana fiddles with the guard on her sword clicking it open and shut a fraction of a millimetre, “I’m not trying to dissuade or frighten you, I am merely suggesting caution is all. My place is at your side, I should make more of an effort to remember that, particularly as we will be fêting the Count’s aunt.
joertexas wrote:Vee steps over to the bridge hatch, and goes back inside. She nods to Foix. "My Lord."
Ana follows her in, now wearing the two blades and the crimson obi.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”