Action Thread 3

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 3

#261 Post by ToniXX »

Round3
Orcs lose initiative
Francisco’s attack hits and kills the last orc in the room.
Brok’s attack hits the orc in the courtyard, cutting it down as it still screams the alarm.

All orcs are now dead, but a new foe descends upon the party. From the door directly across from the orc room, a large man wearing a maroon hooded cloak stands in the door. He draws a long sword and pulls a shield in front of him. He speaks in an unknown tongue to four more men coming from a door to the north of the courtyard. Two are through the door, two are not. They are speaking in the same, foreign tongue, and maybe throwing insults at the party. They look menacing. Some are wearing the same maroon cloaks, others just scale armor.

Here’s a map of the courtyard and a rough idea of who’s where. New wall added to show the size of the orc room. The Xs are foes.
players-map5.jpg
players-map5.jpg (51.77 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#262 Post by Alethan »

Francisco stows his crossbow and draws his sword, moving into the courtyard.

"Sounds like negotiation isn't an option..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn will slip south along the wall and hug the shadows to try and swing around to the rear.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#264 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis hangs back a bit, waiting for the fighter types to engage before following them into the room brandishing his spear.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#265 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl slips out the door and to the right keeping his back to the wall. He yells to the new arrivals
Oy' you stupids f*cks, you wanna talk all day or git this over with?

As they enter his range he actively engages.

If they come in I'll roll up some asskickin'

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#266 Post by ToniXX »

ravenn4544 wrote:Kurn will slip south along the wall and hug the shadows to try and swing around to the rear.
Can you elaborate on this? Unless I have Kurn in the wrong place, I'm confused about what you're trying to do. Move to the rear of the building or the rear of an attacker? Note that south is down.

Thanks!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#267 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:
ravenn4544 wrote:Kurn will slip south along the wall and hug the shadows to try and swing around to the rear.
Can you elaborate on this? Unless I have Kurn in the wrong place, I'm confused about what you're trying to do. Move to the rear of the building or the rear of an attacker? Note that south is down.

Thanks!
I think he means to hug the eastern wall, the the southern wall, then the western wall so as to end up flanking or behind the biggest of the attackers.

I just question how successful a Hide In Shadows attempt will be with three people staring right at you...

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by ravenn4544 »

Correct as described above. I'm assuming that his position is not viewable by any of the enemies as he's blocked by the wall between them. If that's not the case, then he'll shift down/south and ready throwing daggers.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#269 Post by Alethan »

Ah. Hmmm... I guess I didn't think those were walls. If they are, then yeah, go for it! :)

ToniXX, can we get clarification on the physical structure of the main room in this building?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by onlyme »

ToniXX wrote:Round3
Here’s a map of the courtyard and a rough idea of who’s where. New wall added to show the size of the orc room. The Xs are foes.
players-map5.jpg

Would Veneficus be able to get off his arrows before the other party members move into the friendly fire danger zone. It looks like he should be able to, since he cant err to to east where they would be coming from.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#271 Post by ToniXX »

Look at this pic:
The center of the cloister is ringed by something like this. Brok is on the opposite side of the columns, in the grassy center of the open area. Kurn is more like where the camera would be that took this picture: solid wall behind you, facing the open area. Kurn can move as described, and given the excitement and semi-cover, may not be noticed.

You can see the enemies coming towards you by viewing through the columns.

Yes, Veneficus can get a shot before melee is initiated, but he's also got to contend with the columns. He's a good shot and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. :)

Also, someone roll initiative.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#272 Post by Alethan »

Er...

Initiative [1d6] = 1

2e Rules, is it, then? :D

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by onlyme »

ToniXX wrote: Yes, Veneficus can get a shot before melee is initiated, but he's also got to contend with the columns. He's a good shot and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. :)
**** right, he is...

Veneficus fires toward the menacing red X, using his newest favorite arrow.
baseline shortbow shot: [1d20] = 17; baseline damage: [1d6] = 5
Plus 5 to hit, plus 2 damage.....Also, you said shot, so I only rolled for one. Not sure if this was one of those reactionary notched arrow shots, or his action for the round while the others are movin. If the latter, he will fire his second as well.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#274 Post by ToniXX »

Veneficus can roll another shot, but it will be applied at the end of the round.

Everyone else, state your intentions.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#275 Post by Alethan »

I was thinking Francisco wouldn't have been able to move and get into position to fire before melee, which is why I had him stow and draw.

But if he can move to the doorway and fire at the new threats, instead, then he will do so.

(Let me know if he can attack and I'll make the appropriate rolls, ToniXX.)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#276 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:I was thinking Francisco wouldn't have been able to move and get into position to fire before melee, which is why I had him stow and draw.

But if he can move to the doorway and fire at the new threats, instead, then he will do so.

Your initial assessment is correct. I'll note that he has moved out through the double doors. Will he move towards the four Xs north, or actually into the courtyard, near where Brok currently is?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#277 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:
Alethan wrote:I was thinking Francisco wouldn't have been able to move and get into position to fire before melee, which is why I had him stow and draw.

Your initial assessment is correct. I'll note that he has moved out through the double doors. Will he move towards the four Xs north, or actually into the courtyard, near where Brok currently is?
North. Thanks!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by onlyme »

ToniXX wrote:Veneficus can roll another shot, but it will be applied at the end of the round.

Everyone else, state your intentions.

Veneficus grabs his next favorite arrow and continues the barrage, hoping that this will at least keep the badguys distracted...
baseline shortbow shot: [1d20] = 12; baseline damage: [1d6] = 4

+5 to hit, +2dam... 14 arrows left in quiver per my count...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Argennian »

Brok hopes to continue his rouse and points at his companions as they enter the courtyard from the double doors. "There's the intruders! Get them!", he proclaims in Glynnish.

The young agent then moves to his left near the center of the courtyard to put some distance between himself and the 4 enemy combatants coming in to the courtyard from the north. He'll quickly exchange his normal dagger for his specially-coated one* and keep his eyes trained on the large man that just appeared in the western doorway.

OOC: Question for the DM: does Brok recognize the language that the enemy is speaking?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#280 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:OOC: Question for the DM: does Brok recognize the language that the enemy is speaking?
PM sent

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”