Fort Blackstone - The Adventure Begins!

alver
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Fort Blackstone - The Adventure Begins!

#81 Post by alver »

Cedric

The halfling does his best to put up a poker face. "You guys ain't dumb. So you probably figgered this out already. They tell scary stories about the mines cuz they don't want strangers coming here grabbing all the loot. But yeah, I guess this ain't like a regular job. So what you guys say if we double the pay. That's six gold. Except there ain't gonna be no pay up front. We're gonna pay for you'se guys food and stuff too."

We could afford to pay even more, but I don't want to go crazy advertising our wealth in this place ;)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Come now, brother. I cannot say much about those who have gone before us. But I can assure you that the gods walk with us when we go there. They want us to destroy the evils to be found there, and to retrieve the ancient treasures. I am sure Cedric would be willing to offer half up front, and half upon our return, with a healthy bonus, as appropriate. I urge you to reconsider and not pass on this chance for fortune, and fame.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by alver »

"No pay up front." repeats Cedric firmly. "I ain't gonna just give three gold to a man who says he's happy with 3 gold for the next month if he doesn't hafta go anywhere."

"Bonus sounds fair though. You guys get a bonus if you hafta fight anything there. And you guys get to say how much bonus you want."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Within reason, of course.

should we just offer a half share and be done with it? Not sure what the rest of the party would agree to, is all.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by alver »

Yeah, getting consent from the entire party would take a long time. As long as they don't demand anything crazy we should be fine.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Tamerlaine »

Reaction to Hiring Offer

[2d6-1] = 7-1 = 6 Reroll

[2d6-1] = 11-1 = 10 Declines Offer

The two are tempted with the idea of double wages and a bonus, but perhaps the reputation of the mines have tempered their greed. Gefrey shakes his head and with Isok backing him, politely declines the offer.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by alver »

Defeated by the politely indifferent attitude of the mercenary, Cedric turns away, sulking like a kid who didn't get his most desired toy for a Christmas present. He unnecessarily leaves a silver piece on the counter, "for the trouble", and is ready to return to the Vulgar Harpy.

I'm ready to head to the mines too.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The gods follow us. I'm not sure what that means for those who are left behind so... Good luck. Paul offers an unsure smile and a wave as he leaves with Cedric, heading back to the Vulgar Harpy.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by rossik »

[OCC: waiting the DM to answer my question about if i have that spell. also, i thought we both got one scroll and one potion, no?)

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by Tamerlaine »

rossik wrote:[OCC: waiting the DM to answer my question about if i have that spell. also, i thought we both got one scroll and one potion, no?)
OOC: No, you don't know the spell but scrolls require only the pronunciation of the words written to release the spell's power. As such, this spell can only be used by magic-users and elves. Only one case was given with a scroll and potion inside.

I'm going to start a new thread with the party leaving the fort. This is the time to make any last purchases. Keep in mind that I m a stickler for how treasure and such are transported with weight and size considered. A thousand gold is still 100 pounds, irrespective of real physics and measures. I also tend to throw in items and goods of value so not everything is in coins and gems. Any purchases that need to be done, do so on this thread.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by rossik »

Thinking how the scroll indeed is better than the potion, Igneos will accept Aldredus offer.

(OOC: if we have rations for the travel, then im done. if not, thats the last thing i have to buy, i think)

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by tarlyn »

Norzak

OOC: He would like to purchase some pitons/spikes, rope, a grappling hook and more rations. I'll update his sheet to reflect these purchases tonight
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldredus picks up some more darts and rations from the corner bodega.

He is disappointed (that is, terrified) to be heading out without hired muscle, but buoys his spirits with a forced certainty that once they come back with some treasure, they'll have both the greater patronage of a powerful wizard and an easier time hiring.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: Grenda is as ready as she is going to be. Please forgive the slow posting over the holiday, travel and such.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Return to “The Mines of Khunmar (LL)”