#701 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Elitir climbs on the rug. "Time to go."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Taking The Search To Another Level

#702 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"MACKOLL!" shouts Sprig in a way that implies he has little to no intention of letting anyone else ride his new magical fly, the best, most delightful magical item he has ever owned. Indeed, until yesterday he believed a figurine of this sort to quite possibly be mere legend.

When the fly appears, he will approach it, only slightly put off by how ...alarming such a creature appears when magnified."Well, it's way hairier than I thought it would be. I think I'll name him Buttons," he muses as he straddles the creature. "Ehhh... hover, Buttons!" he commands.
This is the best magic item, as a player, I've ever gotten. I like it more because as it's definitely the grossest way to fly. :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Taking The Search To Another Level

#703 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Getting Home
Day 7
Afternoon

Once the group has time to rest and fully recover from their many wounds, they gather all of the foodstuffs they can safely carry from the kitchen below and begin discussing their travel plans.

Sprig is so caught up in his new magic item that he simply refuses to give it up to the much heavier dwarf. With a little experimentation, he finds that the horrific looking Buttons will carry both he and the waiflike elf. The others all crawl upon the flying rug again and it seems to move around the room well enough under the strain.

Mac looks even worse after another day of rest and experimentation, now barely able to move around by himself. The effect of the potion which brought him back appears to be temporary, since the mage is now feeling a bit worse than death. All he can really do is lay on the carpet as it flits around the room under the power of Zefarrel's commands.

With a bit of trepidation, the party exits the home through the strange doorway that leads out into the rocky surf. Any suspicions about the door become clear once they realize that none of them can re-enter the plane once they exit. After everyone is outside, the door simply disappears. Anyone trying the hatch at center of the tiny island can no longer find this entrance. Had the group not prepared before exiting, they might find themselves in a world of trouble. But, with mild winds and beautiful skies, the group sets out in the direction they came from, hoping to find land soon enough.

After a few hours of flying over nothing but water, the adventurers wonder if they are headed in the right direction. After a few more hours, doubt starts to creep into the minds of the weak. Mac eventually passes out and is unable to snap out of his funk. The old man looks very pale, his breathing sparse at best.

Eventually, just before nightfall sets in, the sky riders see a rather large ship on the horizon. They head in that direction and are eventually seen by the sailors on deck. Eventually allowed on board, the group is saved from certain drowning once the magic of their flying items wears off.

In time, they are all brought back to the mainland where all but Mac live out their lives normally. Mac actually dies again on the ship, his soul returning as a lich.

Unfortunately, that is a tale for another time and place.........

Thanks for playing along everyone! This is the first time in 4 tries that I have had a party actually get to the end of this adventure, so I would say that you guys did pretty well, all things considered.

I am happy to explain or go over any questions you might have about the module.

I hope it was an enjoyable game and that you all had a good time learning about the Lost Island of Castanamir.

Since I am always trying to improve my game and my DM skills, I would also take any critique or criticism you have about the way things progressed in this one. If you have anything to say about the game, good or bad, I would love to hear it!

Thanks again everyone! :mrgreen:

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”